They have raised the matter with San Fernando Mayor, Kazim Hosein.
On Wednesday evening San Fernando West Member of Parliament, Carolyn Seepersad-Bachan, visited the site to investigate the complaints.
Speaking with reporters she promised to find out from the various ministries, if the business owner got the necessary authorization from the relevant authorities.
Mrs Seepersad Bachan said she did not have all the facts surrounding the matter but would do the necessary checks to ensure regulations are not being breached.
News Power was reliably informed that the matter was raised at the weekly post cabinet news briefing today.
Trade and Industry Minister, Vasant Bharath, is defending the consultation process to get input from various stake holders on the way forward for the foreign used car sector.
Trinidad and Tobago Automobile Dealers Association has been granted an injunction by the Court which will prevent the government from implementing a policy for the industry.
Automobile Dealers Association President, Visham Babwah, in a News Power Now interview Wednesday said the group is concerned about plans to introduce new dealers without a probation period to monitor and ensure they comply with rules and regulations.
However, in a News Power Now interview this afternoon, Minister Bharath said the government is determine to bring order and standard to the fast growing sector.
TTTI says it is saddened by Mrs Montbrun’s death, adding that she was a prominent, much loved and respected member of the business and civil society communities and a valued member of the Transparency Institute.
The organization said she brought a wealth of experience and expertise, forthrightness and realism to the Institute and to the Board.
Public Relations officer, Inspector Wayne Mystar is asking the public to pay close attention to safety practices while on the nation’s roads.
He advised that the TTPS will be conducting several exercises on the roadways and is asking for the corporation of the public.
He also advised groups that will be camping to notify the authorities.
Inspector Mystar said there’ll be an increased police presence during the Holidays but recommended that the public take precautionary measures for their safety.
The life guards have been complaining about a lack of man power at the nation’s beaches for the past three years.
Life Guard General Branch Secretary, Curtis Hernandez, in a News Power Now interview said the situation is heightened during the Easter Holidays.
Port of Spain workers are now back on the job.
On Wednesday the employees engaged in protest action for a third time in two weeks.
They claim the demonstration stemmed from concerns raised about the process of wage negotiations.
Earlier this week representatives from the Seamen and Waterfront Workers Trade Union (S.W.W.T.U.) and Port Authority officials resumed wage negotiations.
It came after a conciliatory meeting was held between both sides at the Labour Ministry last week.
S.W.W.T.U. President, Michael Annisette, in a News Power Now interview this afternoon said the union is not in support of the wage proposal put forward by the Port Authority.
He admitted that any protest action by the workers will impact operations at the port.
- RESIDENTS COMPLAIN ABOUT NOISE POLLUTION
- VASANT BHARATH DEFENDS STAKE HOLDERS CONSULTATION PROCESS
- KAREN DE MONTBRUN DIES AT AGE 63
- TTPS ISSUES SAFETY TIPS
- LIFE GUARDS COMPLAIN ABOUT A LACK OF MAN POWER ON THE NATION’S BEACHES
- PORT WORKERS ARE BACK ON THE JOB
- MARIJUANA AND AMMUNITION SEIZED
- PNM CLARIFIES 7,000 REJECTIONS
- NOT FOR SALE
- FUNERAL BACCHANAL
Popular TagsACCIDENT Anand Ramlogan caribbean news Chaguanas West By-Election COP crime crime news Government ILP Jack Warner Kamla Persad Bissessar Keith Rowley Laventille Ministry Murder news newspower News Power Now oilfield workers Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley partnership government PETROTRIN PNM Point Fortin Police Police investigating police investigations politics PORT OF SPAIN power 102 power102fm Prime Prime Minister Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar Radio Vision LTD security service THA Tobago trinidad and tobago trinidad and tobago news trinidad and tobago police service UNC united national congress world news
- WU-TANG CLAN AFFILIATE CUTS OFF PENIS THEN JUMPS FROM BUILDINGAndre Johnson, a rapper affiliated with the Wu-Tang Clan, cut off his penis before leaping from a building, according to reports. Johnson jumped off the second story of a North Hollywood building in the wee hours of the morning on… […]Avril Babb
- MILEY REMAINS IN HOSPITALUnfortunately, Miley Cyrus isn’t back to 100 percent yet. E! News reports that the singer will stay at the hospital for her severe allergic reaction, and is “devastated” about missing her Bangerz concerts. “Miley was suffering from a sinus infection… […]Avril Babb
- SCANDAL’S COLUMBUS SHORT’S WIFE FILES FOR DIVORCEScandal star Columbus Short may have a serious problem with his temper. Recently the star had a run in with a man at a bar which ended in Short knocking the man out cold. Yesterday, his wife Tuere Tanee filed… […]Avril Babb
- PATRICE ROBERTS AND IAN PANTIN PART WAYSAfter only two months of working together, HD performer and Ian Pantin have parted ways. According to ETCETERABUZZ.COM, Pantin has resigned the post of manager, following a meeting between Patrice, her attorney and Pantin some two and a half weeks… […]Avril Babb
- WU-TANG CLAN AFFILIATE CUTS OFF PENIS THEN JUMPS FROM BUILDING
Power102fm on Twitter