Police were reportedly responding to a report that a man had been seen holding a gun in the back seat of a black Nissan B-12 motor vehicle around 1 o’clock on Monday afternoon and upon intercepting the vehicle at New Grant Junction, four men of Cocoyea and La Romain, along with the teenage girl who resides in Port of Spain, were arrested.
Officers of various divisions, including Highway Patrol, reportedly pursued the suspects along the Naparima/Mayaro Road in a high speed chase, before they were stopped. The officers seized a fully loaded pistol and several rounds of ammunition.
The car was impounded at the Princes Town police station and a search has been ordered to determine whether the vehicle was stolen.
The Joint Select Committee of Parliament has been told by a senior official of the Police Complaints Authority that the leaked Flying Squad report does not contain confidential information which poses a threat to the country’s security.
PCA Director, Gillian Lucky, made the comment during Monday’s sitting of the JSC.
Ms. Lucky explained that a review of the various systems was done by the PCA and this concluded that there was no leak from the Authority.
Meanwhile, JSC member, and Oropouche West Member of Parliament, Stacy Roopnarine, said a request was made for Opposition member, Farris Al Rawi, who is also a member of the Committee, to recuse himself from today’s proceedings after allegedly receiving a copy of the document.
However, Mr Al Rawi defended his decision to recuse himself from today’s JSC sitting.
Reports indicate that Dane Joseph of Cap De Ville was at his provision stall when at around 7pm a man pretending to be a customer approached him.
The assailant then pulled out a weapon and shot Mr. Joseph several times before fleeing.
Joseph died at the scene.
Vice-President of the Amalgamated Workers Union Michael Prentice will meet with Chief Executive Officer of the Port of Spain Corporation, Winifred David to discuss issues highlighted by employees.
This morning Workers of the Sanitation Department of the Corporation staged a fiery demonstration at Christopher-Samuel Drive off Mucurapo Road.
The workers are protesting the Corporations decision to stop overtime work on weekends.
Mr. Prentice said while he can sympathize with the frustration of the workers the Union did not sanction the protest.
He said an official statement will be made on the situation after he meets with the CEO today.
Minister of Planning and Sustainable Development, Bhoe Tewarie, has said all will be satisfied with the Procurement Bill when consultation is complete.
Former president of the Joint Consultative Council (JCC) Winston Riley has described the present legislation as a waste of time in its present form.
However, Dr. Tewarie said the consultation process of the legislation is still continuing.
Mr. Riley is opposed to clause seven of the legislation which exempts international treaties and Government to Government arrangements.
But, Dr. Tewarie said while he can understand Mr. Riley’s concerns; there are guidelines governing these documents.
- Fourteen Year Old Girl Among Five Arrested Following High Speed Chase
- PCA Denies It Leaked Flying Squad Report
- POINT FORTIN VENDOR MURDERED
- MAN SHOT IN MARABELLA
- PORT OF SPAIN CITY CORPORATION WORKERS DOWN TOOLS TO PROTEST NEW OVERTIME REGULATIONS
- BHOE RESPONDS TO RILEY
- MOM IN LIMBO
- FIXIN’ T&T REITERATES IT CALL FOR THE AG TO BE FIRED
- TNT’S CREDIT RATING HAS BEEN REAFFIRMED
- FAMILY PLUNGED INTO MOURNING WITH THE DEATH OF TWO MEMBERS
Popular TagsACCIDENT Anand Ramlogan caribbean news Chaguanas West By-Election COP crime crime news Government ILP Jack Warner Kamla Persad Bissessar Keith Rowley Laventille Ministry Murder news newspower News Power Now oilfield workers Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley partnership government PETROTRIN PNM Point Fortin Police Police investigating police investigations politics PORT OF SPAIN power 102 power102fm Prime Prime Minister Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar Radio Vision LTD security service THA Tobago trinidad and tobago trinidad and tobago news trinidad and tobago police service UNC united national congress world news
- Anonymous on TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO AUTOMOBILE DEALERS GRANTED AN INJUNCTION BY COURT
- Anonymous on AUTOPSY REVEALS NAIM DEAN WAS SHOT IN THE BACK
- Anonymous on FAMILY PRAYING FOR MISSING MAN TO RESURFACE
- Jane Franklin on UN SECRETARY GENERAL SAYS HE IS SADDEN BY PROF. NORMAN GIRVAN’S PASSING
- Anonymous on British National Arrested For Cocaine Possession
- KEMBA SORZANO EXCITED WITH iTUNES NEWSApple iTunes’ decision to add the soca and calypso categories to their list of genres has definitely gotten the attention of most Trinbagonians. The news may not necessarily have rocked the world of all locals who heard of it, but… […]Avril Babb
- CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER CONTINUES TO DOMINATE BOX OFFICECaptain America continues to conquer box office adversaries, triumphing in ticket sales for the third consecutive week and dominating over megastar Johnny Depp’s new movie. “Captain America: The Winter Soldier” added another $26 million to its assets, according to studio… […]Avril Babb
- THE BOONDOCKS SEASON 4 PRIMIER SPOOFS CHRIS BROWNFans of the hit animated TV show The Boondocks finally got their heart’s desire on Monday night when season 4 of the show premiered on Adult Swim on Cartoon Network. There was a lot of talk about how the popular… […]Avril Babb
- “TRANSCENDENCE” FAILS TO IMPRESSJohnny Depp’s box-office fortunes crashed with the release of “Transcendence.” Wally Pfister’s directorial debut, which stars Depp as a computer genius turned power-mad computer, finished in fourth place at the weekend box office with just $11.5 million in estimated ticket… […]Avril Babb
- KEMBA SORZANO EXCITED WITH iTUNES NEWS
Power102fm on Twitter