Ramanand Deobarran reported the incident to police.
However, he claimed the officers said they could do nothing about it.
He then reported the matter to the Chairman of the Princess Town Regional Corporation who promised to investigate.
Mr Deobarran said he had to hired a backhoe at a cost of seven thousand dollars.
News Power Now has been reliable informed that Minister Griffith is at a private nursing home in San Fernando.
Reports state that he went to have a medical procedure done on his knee.
However, during routine test several other serious medical complications were discovered.
The Life Guard Section of the National Union of Government and Federated Workers reveals progress is being made with Tourism Ministry officials on matters of concern affecting them.
However, when questioned on areas discussed and issues agreed upon Mr Hernandez explained that discussions will continue next week Thursday and should be in better position at that time to give details on the outcome of the meeting.
Mr Hernandez said now that discussions have started with Ministry officials life guards are confident challenges to properly carry out their duties will be addressed.
M.S.J. Public Relations Officer, Gregory Fernandez, in a News Power Now interview this afternoon said the party supports police officers who carry out their duties in a professional way.
However, Mr. Fernandez insisted that when acts of indiscipline or misconduct by police officers are found they should be thoroughly investigated and the necessary actions taken.
San Fernando General Hospital gets a boost in the number of beds.
The addition of forty-one bed at the hospital by government is being welcomed by Medical Chief of Staff , Dr Anand Chattergoon.
He said the institution is experiencing challenges with overcrowding and the extra bed will go a long in addressing the situation.
Dr. Chattergoon said for the first time in over a decade patients don’t have to wait on benches, chairs, in tents or in accident and emergency, without beds, meals, wash rooms and facilities ensuring proper health care.
The Ministry said upon receipt of this report a team of officers was dispatched to investigate the claims.
It said preliminary findings indicate the excavation on the site is connected to development work related to the construction of a commercial property.
Meanwhile, the San Fernando City Corporation (SFCC) has ordered that excavation work be halted until and an investigation into whether proper procedures are being followed is completed.
San Fernando Mayor Kazim Hosein said the City Police visited the site and found evidence that illegal quarrying was taking place in an area cordoned off by galvanized roofing sheets.
The mayor said preliminary investigations found that permission was granted over four years ago by the then Ministry of Planning, Housing and the Environment, for the construction of a three-storey structure that included a basement, 15 feet deep.
He added the San Fernando City Corporation is in the process of notifying Town and Country Planning, the Environmental Management Authority (EMA), Office of Disaster Preparedness and Management (ODPM) and other relevant State agencies.
- DISCARDED MEAT FOUND ON FARMER’S LAND
- DR. RUPERT GRIFFITH HAS BEEN HOSPITALISED
- LIFEGUARDS TO MEET WITH TOURISM MINISTRY OFFICIALS AGAIN
- MSJ CALLS FOR NATIONAL DIALOGUE ON CRIME
- SAN FERNANDO GENERAL HOSPITAL GETS NEW BEDS
- SANDO COPORATION STOP ‘ILLEGAL QUARRY’
- PRESIDENT ANTHONY CARMONA CALLS FOR CITIZENS TO HAVE RESPECT FOR LIFE
- T&T COMMEMORATES THE DEATH OF JESUS
- OPPOSITION LEADER SENDS EASTER GREETINGS TO CITIZENS
- ‘UNC’ SUPPORTERS STORM MEETING
Popular TagsACCIDENT Anand Ramlogan caribbean news Chaguanas West By-Election COP crime crime news Government ILP Jack Warner Kamla Persad Bissessar Keith Rowley Laventille Ministry Murder news newspower News Power Now oilfield workers Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley partnership government PETROTRIN PNM Point Fortin Police Police investigating police investigations politics PORT OF SPAIN power 102 power102fm Prime Prime Minister Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar Radio Vision LTD security service THA Tobago trinidad and tobago trinidad and tobago news trinidad and tobago police service UNC united national congress world news
- WU-TANG CLAN AFFILIATE CUTS OFF PENIS THEN JUMPS FROM BUILDINGAndre Johnson, a rapper affiliated with the Wu-Tang Clan, cut off his penis before leaping from a building, according to reports. Johnson jumped off the second story of a North Hollywood building in the wee hours of the morning on… […]Avril Babb
- MILEY REMAINS IN HOSPITALUnfortunately, Miley Cyrus isn’t back to 100 percent yet. E! News reports that the singer will stay at the hospital for her severe allergic reaction, and is “devastated” about missing her Bangerz concerts. “Miley was suffering from a sinus infection… […]Avril Babb
- SCANDAL’S COLUMBUS SHORT’S WIFE FILES FOR DIVORCEScandal star Columbus Short may have a serious problem with his temper. Recently the star had a run in with a man at a bar which ended in Short knocking the man out cold. Yesterday, his wife Tuere Tanee filed… […]Avril Babb
- PATRICE ROBERTS AND IAN PANTIN PART WAYSAfter only two months of working together, HD performer and Ian Pantin have parted ways. According to ETCETERABUZZ.COM, Pantin has resigned the post of manager, following a meeting between Patrice, her attorney and Pantin some two and a half weeks… […]Avril Babb
- WU-TANG CLAN AFFILIATE CUTS OFF PENIS THEN JUMPS FROM BUILDING
Power102fm on Twitter