This announcement comes following talks early last week between San Fernando Mayor, Kazim Hosein and street vendors.
At the talks vendors told the Mayor that they wanted to be re located to the Central Market on Mucuarapo St, but not until 2014.
Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar says she is optimistic that the work of recently established Child Protection Task Force would be effective.
The task force which was established by the Prime Minister had six weeks to give an in-depth analysis of the of the country’s child protection apparatus.
The group was given an extension after chairman of the Child Protection Task Force; Dianna Mahabir-Wyatt said the time was not enough.
Speaking with reporters the Prime Minister said the task force’s first report is coming soon.
Mr. Smart who was Trinidad and Tobago’s first Chief State Solicitor and a founding member of the Saint Vincent de Paul Society died at the age of 95.
Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar in extending condolences on behalf of her Government and the Republic to the family described Mr. Smart as a most distinguished citizen whose roles in life included that of attorney, mentor, role model, husband, father, and friend.
In a release the PM’s office says nowhere in Mrs. Persad-Bissessar’s address to the House of Representatives did she mention a new public holiday.
The release added that “Mandela Day” will be marked with a public symposium on the life and lessons of Nelson Mandela.
Prime Minster, Kamla Persad-Bissessar will represent Caricom at the Official State Memorial Service for former South African President, Nelson Madela, on Tuesday 10th December, in Johannesburg.
The PM who is the Chair of CARICOM will be accompanied by Heads of Government from the Bahamas, Guyana, Jamaica and Suriname; while Grenada will be represented by its Deputy Prime Minister.
Haitian President, Michel Martelly, will travel to South Africa for the State Funeral to be held on the 15th December.
The Prime Minister and the Regional Delegation will leave Trinidad and Tobago for South Africa later today on a charted Caribbean Airlines flight
A 58-year-old Fyzabad man is warded in critical condition at the San Fernando General Hospital after being stabbed by a close female relative.
Reports state that Raymond Benjamin of Rosakie Trace was at his home on Thursday evening when the female relative returned to the house at around 8 pm and an argument ensued.
It is alleged that Benjamin struck the female relative on her head with a bottle, following which she took a knife out of her handbag and stabbed him several times in the torso.
The suspect was detained by police and charged with wounding with intent to do grievous bodily harm, while Benjamin remains warded in critical condition at hospital.
- San Fernando vendors to be relocated
- PM optimistic about Child Protection Task Force effectiveness
- T&T loses an icon
- Mandela Day not a public holiday
- PM leads Caricom delegation to South Africa
- Female Detained in Alleged Stabbing
- Attorney General Calls for Villages To Raise The Nation’s Children
- Trinidad and Tobago’s citizens Share Feelings of Admiration for Nelson Mandela
- Main suspect charged with murder
- Make tourist happy
Popular TagsAnand Ramlogan Body caribbean news Chaguanas West By-Election COP crime crime news Government ILP Jack Warner Kamla Persad Bissessar Keith Rowley Laventille Ministry Murder news newspower News Power Now oilfield workers Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley Partnership partnership government PNM Point Fortin Police Police investigating police investigation police investigations politics PORT OF SPAIN power 102 power102fm Prime Prime Minister Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar Radio Vision LTD security service Tobago trinidad and tobago trinidad and tobago news trinidad and tobago police service UNC united national congress world news
- Keishon dailey on 16 yr old among three charged for murder
- Keisha dates on 16 yr old among three charged for murder
- Magerfoot on PNM revokes the senatorial appointment of Beckles and Hinds.
- ginelle gomez. on Emperor Valley Zoo gets addition to it’s African experience
- Anonymous on ‘We have not leant our lesson’
Power102fm on Twitter
- NEW REALITY SHOW: CARIBBEAN WIVES OF FLORIDA LAUNCHEDIn the vastly competitive world of reality TV, there is a new show to represent the region. Caribbean Wives of South Florida is now looking to make its mark. Maxine Tulloch, the head of Tulloch Media Communications, which is behind… […]Avril Babb
- CIRCULATING PIC OF CLIVE WILLIAMS WAS TAKEN FROM AN OLD PHOTOThere is a photo circulating online of dancer Clive “Lizard” Williams. The photo may have led some to think its proof that he’s still alive. But it’s nothing recent. The photo was actually taken from an old video on YouTube… […]Avril Babb
- CYBER CRIME TOP COP TESTIFIES IN VYBZ KARTEL’S MURDER CASEVybz Kartel’s murder trial continues for its 15th day in the Home Circuit court today. Adidja Palmer a.k.a. Vybz Kartel, pleaded not guilty to the murder charge when the trial started last month. He along with Shawn “Storm”… […]Avril Babb
- IDRIS ELBA REACTS TO MANDELA’S DEATH: WHAT AN HONOR IT WAS TO STEP INTO THE SHOES OF NELSON MANDELAIdris Elba is the most recent actor to portay Nelson Mandela, and the “Mandela: Long Walk To Freedom” star released a statement following the South African leader’s death on Thursday at the age of 95: “What an honor… […]Avril Babb
- NEW REALITY SHOW: CARIBBEAN WIVES OF FLORIDA LAUNCHED