In reacting to the tragic news, WIPA’s President, Wavell Hinds said today, “Our thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends during this difficult time. Ackington participated in the Atlantic sponsored WIPA in the Community July camp in 2013 and was a hard working dedicated young man, who was focused on his achieving his goals.”
WIPA in the Community coach, Bhoodesh Dookie who worked with Ackington in the program said “He had an unquestionable drive to make the West Indies Senior Team, he knew what he had to do to get there and would train for hours. He had a very good work ethic and was very naturally talented. He will be missed greatly by all those who knew him.”
Walker had just returned home from cricket practice with his club team, when the incident occurred outside his home on Sunday night.
Walker was expected to participate in the Trinidad and Tobago National Under-19 trials at the Queens Park Oval scheduled for Monday.
Tourism Secretary in the Tobago House of Assembly, Tracy Davidson Celestine, told the weekly post executive council meeting news briefing the sister isle is experience a significant jump in international arrivals.
She said data also indicate an improvement in the level of occupancy on the island.
However, she admitted data from a survey conducted on the island indicated there is need to improve challenges in the area of customer service.
He made the statement as he responded to questions on the Order Paper in the Senate this afternoon.
Minister Khan explained the procedure in this matter by saying that the Tobago House of Assembly gives the name of the persons chosen to serve on the TRHA Board to the cabinet and not the Health Ministry.
Dr Khan said there was as a delay in that process which promoted the Minister of Tobago Development, Delmon Baker, to intervene.
However, Minister Khan’s explanation was challenged by Opposition Senator, Shamfa Cudjoe.
Mr Barrow replaces Martin Martinez who served as Prisons Commissioner from October 7th 2011.
In a release from the Justice Ministry today it explained the newly appointed Commissioner of Prisons brings 38 years of experience to his new role, as he previously served as the Deputy Commissioner of Prisons and other management positions.
Commissioner Barrow stated that by working together goals would be met and his first order of business being implemented will be to investigate and address to conditions in the nation’s prisons.
Trinidad and Tobago Unified Teachers Association President, Devanand Sinanand, in a News Power Now interview this afternoon said the concerns relate to training and resources to make the measure which was implemented in September last year a success.
Mr Sinanand’s comments come on the heels of statements by Education Minister, Dr Tim Gopeesingh, concerning plans to change the present S.E.A. system.
The Opposition People’s National Movement failed in its bid to get information from Finance Minister, Larry Howai, relating to an on-going court matter in the United States in which a local bank has been named by the US prosecutor being implicated in a money -laundering transaction involving millions of dollars.
A questioned posed by Opposition Senator Camille Robinson Regis wanted to find out whether the Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU) was in anyway involved in the detection of this activity and the detection of the offences in this matter and could the Minister further indicate whether a “suspicious transaction” was reported to the unit with respect to this matter or any related matters.
Minister Howai said he could not give details on this issue as it is now before the courts.
However, Opposition Senator, Faris Al Rawi persisted in his bid to get more information on this question which caused the President of the Senate, Timothy Hamel Smith , to intervene at one stage.
- WIPA SENDS CONDOLENCES
- TOBAGO TOURISM PEAKS
- TRHA BOARD APPOINTMENT DELAYED
- NEW COMMISSIONER OF PRISONS APPOINTED
- TTUTA DISPLEASED WITH CAC IMPLEMENTATION IN PRIMARY SCHOOLS
- PNM RAISES SUSPICIOUS TRANSACTION IN PARLIAMENT
- MOM GRANTED BAIL $200,000 BAIL
- OPPOSITION LEADER BLAMES UNC FOR PSC HEADACHE
- ATHLETE CHARGED WITH MARIJUANA POSSESSION
- MAN KILLED BY POLICE IN BELMONT
Popular TagsACCIDENT Anand Ramlogan caribbean news Chaguanas West By-Election COP crime crime news Government ILP Jack Warner Kamla Persad Bissessar Keith Rowley Laventille Ministry Murder news newspower News Power Now oilfield workers Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley Parliament partnership government PNM Point Fortin Police Police investigating police investigation police investigations politics PORT OF SPAIN power 102 power102fm Prime Prime Minister Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar Radio Vision LTD security service Tobago trinidad and tobago trinidad and tobago news trinidad and tobago police service UNC united national congress world news
- CIARA BUYS SAFARI FOR BABY; COP SUES OVER ALLEGED NAKED CORPSE OGLING OF WHITNEY HOUSTON’S BODYCiara‘s baby won’t be born for another month but she’s already taking steps to make sure her child appreciates the world of animals. To this end she dropped $20K on an animal-themed nursery. TMZ reports that Ciara and her fiance… […]Avril Babb
- MILEY PERFORMS IN BRA AND PANTIESMiley Cyrus is pushing the envelope again, but this time, it wasn’t exactly intentional. Well, at least that’s the official explanation. The star took the stage during her March 9 Bangerz Tour performance in Milwaukee, Wis. wearing a particularly revealing… […]Avril Babb
- RIHANNA AND DRAKE FULL ON COUPLE AGAIN?Rihanna and Drake are a full on couple again. The pair has been spotted all over Europe over the last two weeks like two young loves. Rihanna was in Paris last week for Paris Fashion Week, but on Thursday she… […]Avril Babb
- AGENT SASCO ATTACKS RISING CRIME IN JAMAICAThe crime situation in Jamaica has been getting local and international attention, and many of the island’s dancehall artistes are upset with the situation. One such artiste is Agent Sasco. Sasco, formerly known as Assassin, recently took timeout to give… […]Avril Babb
- CIARA BUYS SAFARI FOR BABY; COP SUES OVER ALLEGED NAKED CORPSE OGLING OF WHITNEY HOUSTON’S BODY
Power102fm on Twitter