Three men have appeared before a Scarborough Magistrates’ Court charged with the murder of 29 year old Anton Williams, who was gunned down at Mt St George, on November 22 last.
The men identified as 21 year old Joshua Phillip 19 year old Masudi Mayhew and a 16 year old boy appeared before Senior Magistrate Nanette Forde-John in the Scarborough First Court.
The three accused were not called upon to plead as the charges were laid indictable, requiring trial before a judge and jury.
Along with the charge of murder, the three are jointly charged with several separate counts illegal possession of ammunition, illegal possession of two firearms, and breaking into a residence at Mt St George with intent to commit an arrestable offence, between November 21 and 24 last.
With murder being a felony for which bail is not granted, the three accused were subsequently remanded in custody, with the 16-year-old remanded to the Youth Training Centre (YTC), in Trinidad.
They will reappear in court on January 2, 2014.
Reports state the men sent out a distress call saying that pirogue, named Catalina was drifting towards Venezuela.
The men reportedly left Rampanalgas, Toco at about 11 am on Tuesday to go on a fishing expedition.
However, one hour later they experienced technical difficulties and issued the call for assistance.
Officers of the Coast Guard carried out a search together with the Air Guard but the vessel was not seen until yesterday.
The vessel with the fishermen was towed to Toco where they were reunited with their families.
Attorneys representing the women signaled their intention to file judicial review proceedings in the High Court on the women’s behalf.
The Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions has decided to press on with the charge against them of soliciting passers-by for the purpose of prostitution.
That same charge however was aired before magistrate Margaret Alert in August.
Alert threw out the charge on the grounds that the evidence from the police officers, did not support the definition of the word ‘passers-by’.
Discussions are taking place with officials from the Medical Professionals Association of Trinidad and Tobago, related to improved wages for local doctors.
In an interview with members this week, Health Minister Dr. Fuad Khan said from feedback received there are doctors abroad who have expressed a desire to return to Trinidad and Tobago to continue their practice.
Minister Khan said very soon a technical team from the Ministry, which visited Cuba in November during its recruitment drive will present its report.
Mr. Khan also confirmed there are plans to expand services offered, at local health centres.
A chance to put country first, humbled and ready to serve, and willing to share political experience with others.
These are some of the comments made by the three new People’s National Movement Senators, television news anchor Diane Baldeo Chadeesingh, PNM candidate for the Chaguanas West by election , Avinash Singh and former government minister, Camille Robinson Regis.
The senatorial appointments of Penelope Beckles-Robinson and Fitzgerald Hinds were revoked following the decision by Opposition Leader, Dr. Keith Rowley who advised President Anthony Carmona to do such.
The revocation took effect from 12 midnight on Tuesday.
A vacancy in the senate already existed through the departure of Mr. Terrance Deyalsingh who now sits in the Lower House for the Constituency of St Joseph.
Speaking at a news briefing at the Opposition’s Charles Street, Port of Spain Office on Wednesday, Mrs Baldeo Chadeesingh said she accepted the position because it provided an opportunity to serve the nation in a different capacity.
Mr. Singh described his entry into the political arena as a baptism of fire, however he said he is ready to give his best in this dynamic aspect of national life.
Mrs. Robinson Regis said she is ready to share the experience and knowledge gained over the years with others.
Meanwhile, Opposition Leader, Dr Keith Rowley, told reporters former Senator Fitzgerald Hinds still has a key role in the party as long as he is willing to serve.
Two male occupants of a vehicle that had been travelling along London Street in Cap De Ville on Tuesday night are being sought by police in connection with a firearm and ammunition that were found in the vehicle.
Police reports state that at around 11:15pm on Tuesday, the vehicle was intercepted, however upon stopping , the men exited the vehicle and fled into some nearby bushes.
A search of the vehicle yielded a browning pistol and seven rounds of 9mm ammunition. Investigations are continuing.
- 16 yr old among three charged for murder
- Missing fishermen found
- 74 Dominicans appear in court for prostitution
- Increased Wages for Local Doctors, Being Discussed
- New PNM Senators Ready to Serve
- Two Suspects Being Sought By Police
- Two Men Arrested Following Botched Attack In Arima
- PNM revokes the senatorial appointment of Beckles and Hinds.
- Burnt body found in Valencia
- Developing Story…. Man killed at Peakes Trading Ltd
Popular TagsAnand Ramlogan Body caribbean news Chaguanas West By-Election COP crime crime news Government ILP Jack Warner Kamla Persad Bissessar Keith Rowley Laventille Ministry Murder news newspower News Power Now oilfield workers Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley Partnership partnership government PNM Point Fortin Police Police investigating police investigation police investigations politics PORT OF SPAIN power 102 power102fm Prime Prime Minister Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar Radio Vision LTD security service Tobago trinidad and tobago trinidad and tobago news trinidad and tobago police service UNC united national congress world news
- Magerfoot on PNM revokes the senatorial appointment of Beckles and Hinds.
- ginelle gomez. on Emperor Valley Zoo gets addition to it’s African experience
- Anonymous on ‘We have not leant our lesson’
- michael on KFC Guard allegedly shoots customer
- Anonymous on Murder suicide in Tobago
Power102fm on Twitter
- FAT JOE NOW A FREE MAN; I-OCTANE VISITS TOMMY LEE IN HOSPITALBronx rapper Fat Joe is now a free man. The Terror Squad emcee was released from a Federal prison a month early and was able to spend Thanksgiving with his family. Fat Joe, 43, began his four-month prison sentence in… […]Avril Babb
- KANYE WEST TEAMS UP WITH ADDIDASKanye West is officially teaming up with Adidas. The rapper first let news of the partnership slip during an interview with Hot 97′s Angie Martinez last week, when he revealed, “I took the Adidas deal because I have royalties and… […]Avril Babb
- AUSTRAILIAN MAYOR TELLS JUSTIN BIEBER “CLEAN UP YOUR MESS OR ELSE”Justin Bieber picked the wrong city to spray tag, ’cause the mayor of Gold Coast, Australia just issued an ultimatum to the “pop princess” clean up your mess … OR SING FOR ME!!!!! Mayor Tom Tate issued a video message… […]Avril Babb
- MATHEW KNOWLES BABY MOTHER CALLS HIM A DEAD BEAT DADBeyonce‘s father is a DEADBEAT DAD. This is according to the mother of his 3-year-old son who claims Mathew Knowles has owes her outstanding child support payments to the tune of $24k. A report carried on TMZ… […]Avril Babb
- FAT JOE NOW A FREE MAN; I-OCTANE VISITS TOMMY LEE IN HOSPITAL