On Wednesday May 17, Housing and Urban Development Minister, Randall Mitchell and his Cabinet colleague, National Security Minister Edmund Dillon presented keys to thirty-one members of the protective services who met the requirements for Government-subsidised housing in fulfilment of the government policy of 10% allocation to that group .
This presentation took place at the Port of Spain office of the Housing Development Corporation or HDC.
In his remarks to the new home owners and to members of the Joint Protective Services, Minister Mitchell indicated that “in 2007, the then government recognised the importance of the protective services to the national community and the need to ensure secure, safe and proper accommodation for those service members in need of housing. As a consequence, government approved the allocation of 10% of all Government-subsidised housing to members of the Protective Services.”
In 2008, the Ministries of Housing and National Security developed a mechanism for the fair, transparent and inclusive allocation of housing to members of the protective services which gave birth to the Joint Protective Services Housing Committee. This Committee operated until 2010 until it was disbanded by the incoming government.
Minister Mitchell stated that fairness, transparency, equity and inclusion are important now as it was back then, and thus earlier this year, the Joint Protective Services Committee was reconvened.
- Prime Minister Dr. Keith Rowley Disappointed in Reaction of Trinbagonians to Offering Assistance to Dominicans.
- “EMPLOYEES ENSLAVED.” Watson Duke Fires Back at the Arima Borough Corporation.
- T&T Does Not Have its Own Building Codes, Explains Urban and Regional Planner.
- TTUTT’s Doodhai Expresses Further Confusion Over SEA Date Change.
- Education Minister Confused by Mixed Signals Over SEA Date Adjustment
- Prime Minister Rowley Adamant, Trinidad and Tobago Must Help its Neighbours.
- INTERNATIONAL NEWS: Mental Outpatient Severs Baby’s Head in Russia. Police Shoot Him Dead.
- UBER’s Application to Renew License Rejected in the UK. Company Expected to Appeal.
- Tobago to the Rescue. All Hands On Deck to Help Caribbean Neighbours Affected by Hurricanes Irma and Maria.
- PM Has No Objection to Ocean Flower 2 Dry Docking in T&T.
- Prime Minister Dr. Keith Rowley Disappointed in Reaction of Trinbagonians to Offering Assistance to Dominicans.Trinidad and Tobago’s Prime Minister, Dr. Keith Rowley today spoke with veteran journalist, Tony Fraser on Power 102.1FM. As the frequency delivered its day-long hu
- Dr. James Armstrong Urban and Regional Planner Dr. James Armstrong says Trinidad and Tobago has building guidelines to ensure that the structures are built to withstand n
Popular TagsACCIDENT Anand Ramlogan caribbean news Chaguanas West By-Election COP crime crime news Dr. Keith Rowley Gary Griffith Government Jack Warner Kamla Persad Bissessar Keith Rowley Laventille Ministry Murder news News Power Now Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley Parliament PETROTRIN PNM Police Police investigating police investigations politics PORT OF SPAIN power 102 Prime Prime Minister Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar Radio Vision LTD San Fernando THA Tobago trinidad trinidad and tobago trinidad and tobago news trinidad and tobago police service ttps UNC united national congress WASA Watson Duke world news