Both were held on Caribbean Airlines flights entering John F. Kennedy Airport in New York.
The first Trinidadian was held with cocaine hidden in frozen goat meat in his suitcase while the other had it concealed in his pants crotch.
According to court documents, on March 20 officers examined a black suitcase and a laptop bag belonging to Yudistir Maharaj.
They found three packages in the suitcase, which contained frozen cooked goat meat.
When X-rayed the packages revealed a square-like object inside of each one.
The officers drilled into the packages and discovered a powdery, white substance, which later tested positive for the presence of cocaine, with a street value of $1.2 million to $1.8 million.
Four days after that incident, another Trinidadian, Alister King, was stopped for a routine search, and appeared nervous.
King was given a full body search and “a bulky item was discovered in his groin area”.
Officers later found three packages containing a white, powdery substance which was later tested and found to be cocaine.
The three packages weighed some 536.9 grammes, just over a kilogramme with a street va¬lue of $400,000 to $600,000.
King told the US authorities he was supposed to be paid 30 per cent of the proceeds after the cocaine was sold.
- Carnival 2015 Launched. Assurance Given That Input of Stakeholders Will Not Be Sidelined.
- 20 Percent Discount on Flour and Oil For Eid and Emancipation
- No Bomb Threat At Parliament. Authorities Say It Was Just An Emergency Drill.
- Fire Officers Set to Protest Over Stalled Wage Negotiations, On Friday.
- Autopsy Reveals Francis Sampson Died of Smoke Inhalation
- TT misses out on medal in 100 final in World Junior Track and Field Championships
- Trinidad and Tobago Olympic Committee president in spat with Commonwealth Games hierachy
- Trinidad and Tobago in seven competitions on first-day action in 20th Commonwealth Games
- Jamaat calls for release of detained Muslims
- Fire Services Association to stage protest
Popular TagsACCIDENT Anand Ramlogan caribbean news Chaguanas West By-Election COP crime crime news Government ILP Jack Warner Kamla Persad Bissessar Keith Rowley Laventille Ministry Murder news News Power Now oilfield workers Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley partnership government PNM Point Fortin Police Police investigating police investigations politics PORT OF SPAIN power 102 power102fm Prime Prime Minister Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar Radio Vision LTD San Fernando service THA Tobago trinidad trinidad and tobago trinidad and tobago news trinidad and tobago police service ttps UNC united national congress world news
- Sharon Paul on Michelle Coudray-Greaves killer sentenced to life imprisonment
- William on Man arrested for attempting to bribe an officer
- Anonymous on DPP To Receive Commission of Inquiry Report on Clico Collapse
- Anonymous on Another facebook beating goes viral
- Helen Bee on Man arrested for attempting to bribe an officer
- Sharon Paul on National Security Min: Most Laventille residents happy with army presence
Top Posts & Pages
- RICH HOMIE QUAN SLAPPED FAN WHO WAS TRYING TO ROB HIMRich Homie Quan wasn’t lashing out at a fan when he smacked a guy at a concert earlier this month he was dishing out justice to a dude he says was TRYING TO ROB HIM. While performing a song at…Avril Babb
- BOUNTY CALLS OUT MAVADOBounty Killer was among the top performers on last week’s Reggae Sumfest dancehall night. The dancehall veteran delivered a sizzling set of some of his classic singles back from the 1990s to some of his more recent hits. During his…Avril Babb
- ROBIN THICKE TELLS FRIENDS HIS MARRIAGE IS OVERRobin Thicke is finally admitting it … telling people in his camp his marriage to Paula Patton has collapsed. Thicke certainly gave a strong sign the union is over by listing his L.A. home Monday. Paula has not lived in…Avril Babb
- RICH HOMIE QUAN SLAPPED FAN WHO WAS TRYING TO ROB HIM
- Carnival 2015 Launched Carnival stakeholders are being assured their input to determine the parade routes for the festival next year will not be sidelined. National Carni
- Prime Minister, Kamla Persad Bissessar The government agrees to give consumers a 20 percent discount on the price of three brands of flour and oil. Prime Minister, Kamla