That’s how Chairman for Sangre Grande Regional Corporation Terry Rondon is describing the situation in matelot and environs this morning.
In a televised interview this morning he revealed that help has been coming to the affected residents, however a lot more still needs to be done.
He said that soldiers were on the ground rendering help and responders are still doing all they can to alleviate the situation.
He described the devastation that he saw when looking at the damages.
One hundred is the latest count of people affected by Wednesday’s bad weather along the Toco Coast.
The Office of Disaster Preparedness and Management reveals that several villages in the rural area were affected by landslides, fallen trees and blocked roads.
Chief Executive Officer of the ODPM, Dr Stephen Ramroop, gave an update on the development during an interview with News Power Now.
Dr Ramroop explained that the assessment teams continue with work and later on, the organization will be in a better position to explain action being taken to help those affected.
Office of Disaster Preparedness and Management, Chief Executive Officer Dr. Stephen Ramroop
Meanwhile, Chairman of the Sangre Grande Regional Corporation, Terry Martin Rondon said the corporation has been appealing for a disaster centre in Toco, whereby he can ensure that residents are safe.
Chairman of the Sangre Grande Regional Corporation, Martin Terry Rondon
- Intensified Corporation for Regional Security Discussed by Heads, in Recent Meeting on Crime.
- West Indies target 470 deficit in pink-ball Test against England
- Vincent Cabrera Tells GML Workers To Band Together and Demand Job Security after 31 More Are Dismissed.
- Active Hurricane Season It Is. More Active Than Previous Seasons, Says MET Head.
- A Must See. Ladies, Call Up Your Girlfriends. We’re Heading Out!
- IT’S FRIDAY!!!! Want A Cocktail? Here’s What You Need.
- NOTE: Caribbean Airlines Reschedules Flights
- 12-Year-Old Charged with Manslaughter. His 18- Year- Old Brother Is Charged With Murder.
- Concerns Raised Over Conditions at Blind Welfare Office in San Fernando
- Government Heads To Court on Ayers-Caesars’ Part Heard Matters.
- Intensifying cooperation regarding regional security was the focus of discussions on Friday morning when the Minister of National Security Major General (Ret’d) the Ho
- Keiron Pollard Second day of the fifth ever day-night pink-ball match in Test cricket history closed with West Indies on 44 for the loss of opener Kraigg Braithwaite for
Popular TagsAnand Ramlogan caribbean news Chaguanas West By-Election COP crime crime news Dr. Keith Rowley Gary Griffith Government Jack Warner Kamla Persad Bissessar Keith Rowley Laventille Ministry Murder news News Power Now oilfield workers Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley Parliament PETROTRIN PNM Police Police investigating police investigations politics PORT OF SPAIN power 102 Prime Prime Minister Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar Radio Vision LTD San Fernando THA Tobago trinidad trinidad and tobago trinidad and tobago news trinidad and tobago police service ttps UNC united national congress WASA Watson Duke world news