That’s how Chairman for Sangre Grande Regional Corporation Terry Rondon is describing the situation in matelot and environs this morning.
In a televised interview this morning he revealed that help has been coming to the affected residents, however a lot more still needs to be done.
He said that soldiers were on the ground rendering help and responders are still doing all they can to alleviate the situation.
He described the devastation that he saw when looking at the damages.
One hundred is the latest count of people affected by Wednesday’s bad weather along the Toco Coast.
The Office of Disaster Preparedness and Management reveals that several villages in the rural area were affected by landslides, fallen trees and blocked roads.
Chief Executive Officer of the ODPM, Dr Stephen Ramroop, gave an update on the development during an interview with News Power Now.
Dr Ramroop explained that the assessment teams continue with work and later on, the organization will be in a better position to explain action being taken to help those affected.
Office of Disaster Preparedness and Management, Chief Executive Officer Dr. Stephen Ramroop
Meanwhile, Chairman of the Sangre Grande Regional Corporation, Terry Martin Rondon said the corporation has been appealing for a disaster centre in Toco, whereby he can ensure that residents are safe.
Chairman of the Sangre Grande Regional Corporation, Martin Terry Rondon
- FULL Interview with Gary Griffith
- Anil Roberts dismisses hotel room video allegations against him as bacchanal
- Met office dispels rumours of tropical storm threat for T&T
- Gov’t promises clean up action in South and Central following storm passage
- $25mill relief fund established following Tropical Storm Bret
- POS General Hospital workers protest food supply and equipment shortage
- POS General Hospital staff protest poor working conditions and lack of food in kitchen area
- South clean up continues following severe flooding
- The Anil Roberts Interview -The Pursuit of Truth
- Food price hike and poorer quality produce is unavoidable following Tropical Storm
- Following the highly anticipated Interview yesterday with former Minister of Sports Anil Roberts, The Power Breakfast Crew wanted to get some additional answers from anot
- Anil Roberts being Interviewed by Tony Fraser In our continuing coverage of today’s explosive interview with former Sports Minister Anil Roberts, he continued today to
Popular TagsAnand Ramlogan caribbean news Chaguanas West By-Election COP crime crime news Dr. Keith Rowley Gary Griffith Government Jack Warner Kamla Persad Bissessar Keith Rowley Laventille Ministry Murder news News Power Now oilfield workers Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley Parliament PETROTRIN PNM Police Police investigating police investigations politics PORT OF SPAIN power 102 Prime Prime Minister Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar Radio Vision LTD San Fernando THA Tobago trinidad trinidad and tobago trinidad and tobago news trinidad and tobago police service ttps UNC united national congress WASA Watson Duke world news