That’s how Chairman for Sangre Grande Regional Corporation Terry Rondon is describing the situation in matelot and environs this morning.
In a televised interview this morning he revealed that help has been coming to the affected residents, however a lot more still needs to be done.
He said that soldiers were on the ground rendering help and responders are still doing all they can to alleviate the situation.
He described the devastation that he saw when looking at the damages.
One hundred is the latest count of people affected by Wednesday’s bad weather along the Toco Coast.
The Office of Disaster Preparedness and Management reveals that several villages in the rural area were affected by landslides, fallen trees and blocked roads.
Chief Executive Officer of the ODPM, Dr Stephen Ramroop, gave an update on the development during an interview with News Power Now.
Dr Ramroop explained that the assessment teams continue with work and later on, the organization will be in a better position to explain action being taken to help those affected.
Office of Disaster Preparedness and Management, Chief Executive Officer Dr. Stephen Ramroop
Meanwhile, Chairman of the Sangre Grande Regional Corporation, Terry Martin Rondon said the corporation has been appealing for a disaster centre in Toco, whereby he can ensure that residents are safe.
Chairman of the Sangre Grande Regional Corporation, Martin Terry Rondon
- Property Tax remains a topic of discontent says MP for St. Augustine Prakash Ramadar
- Questions arise on what plans are in place should unrest in Venezuela country affect T&T
- The Opposition says they will continue in non support of the implementation of the Property Tax
- A smooth re-opening of the new school term is the assessment being given by the Ministry of Education
- Why name a stand at Brian Lara Stadium after Sachin Tendulkar
- TT fall out top three in world relays
- TT women, windies men look to save face in respective cricket clashes today
- Likewise, the proposed implementation of the Property Tax ….
- The Government’s announcement about the new chancellor of the University of the West Indies continues to draw fire from the Opposition
- Former Tertiary Education Minister, Fazal Karim Says Minister Anthony Garcia Has Embarrassed the Nation
- Member of Parliament for St. Augustine, Prakash Ramadhar A meeting held by Member of Parliament for St. Augustine, Prakash Ramadhar, on Tuesday has revealed, some level o
- former head of the National Operations Centre, Commander Garvin Heerah The volatile situation that presently exists in neighboring Venezuela will ultimately have a bigger
Popular TagsACCIDENT Anand Ramlogan caribbean news Chaguanas West By-Election COP crime crime news Dr. Keith Rowley Gary Griffith Government Jack Warner Kamla Persad Bissessar Keith Rowley Laventille Ministry Murder news News Power Now oilfield workers Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley Parliament PETROTRIN PNM Police Police investigating police investigations politics PORT OF SPAIN power 102 Prime Prime Minister Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar Radio Vision LTD San Fernando THA Tobago trinidad trinidad and tobago trinidad and tobago news trinidad and tobago police service ttps UNC united national congress WASA world news