Power 102fm, broadcasting from Abercromby Street in Port of Spain, has been focused on providing breaking and developing local news for its audience since 1997. With its dynamic team of reporters, NewsPower established itself as the nation’s leader in reporting current affairs and being first on the scene with Live accounts of events as they happened.
Soon, Power 102fm was noted as the source for local news, with coverage of Crime, Politics, Protests, Sports and Human Interest stories. Their reporters and presenters were noted for being out in the field engaging the hot topic of the day and bringing it Live to the listeners. One remembers such groundbreaking events such as live interviews amidst gun shots from crime affected areas as police try to contain the volatile situation. A presenter taking over a Govt press conference about the construction industry and even offering the speaker a cough drop so he can answer the burning questions, an impromptu fund raiser for a critically ill young girl which brought the nation to tears. Who can forget events such as a Live interview with a religious leader, accused of having someone murdered only to have his interview end up as testimony in court, or a reformed criminal who brought in inmates and have them relay the excruciating circumstances of their lifestyle. Such events have branded Power 102fm’s news team, affectionately dubbed “News Power”, as a true reflection of the nation’s voice and is still revered as the leader in news and current affairs.
Power 102fm’s On Air programming and interviews have continued to develop breaking news and bring them to the listener. The focus is to research all aspects and angles of what is current and have it open for the audience to discuss. With the establishment of their website Power 102fm sought to again challenge and enlighten the audience on a different medium.
“News Power” now invites you to turn to us for all your Trinidad & Tobago News, get involved and share you voice and opinions, leave your comments and continue to send us your ideas and information.
…. Power 102.1fm
Our Management Team:
C.E.O. – Mr Peter Peña
Operations Manager – Mr Rueben Mohammed
Programming Manager – Mr Rueben Mohammed
Marketing Manager – Mrs Karen Kennedy
Head of News (Acting) – Mr Steve Khan
Web Team – Mr Rueben Mohammed, Ms Robin Weaver & Mr Keevan Girdharry
Our Contact information:
88-90 Abercromby Street, Port of Spain. Trinidad & Tobago
PBX – 868-627-6937
FAX – 868-627-9320
email – info@ power102fm.com (no spaces)
Feel free to use the Contact Form below :
- TT cricket and football teams looking to bite the bug of defeat
- TT’s Dylan Carter brilliant in USA’s Collegiate Swimming Championships
- Court rules against TTFA in broadcast rights issue
- Former Senator and Founding Member of the Alliance of Independents is today saying that while there are a number of factors that contribute to criminal violence it starts at schools
- Former Head of the Police Central Division Senior Superintendent Johnny Abraham says protocols must be followed by the TTPS when a missing persons report is made
- Eight people have been arrested after an attack in Westminister London
- Autopsy results reveals that teen found dead outside of a school compound died from blunt force trauma
- Former Housing Minister questions whether the Housing Development Corporation has any plans of assisting those families it has evicted
- Wade Mark accuses the government of raiding the Heritage and Stabilization Fund
- Body of man found in waters near Hyatt, identified as Tobago native
- Former Senator and Founding Member of the Alliance of Independents is today saying that while there are a number of factors that contribute to criminal violence it starts at schoolsFormer Senator and Founding Member of the Alliance of Independents, Nicole Dyer Griffith Former Senator and Founding Member of the Alliance of Independents (AOI) Nicole D
- Former Head of the Police Central Division Senior Superintendent Johnny Abraham says protocols must be followed by the TTPS when a missing persons report is madeThe family of 23-year-old Sharlene Somai is today critical of officers who took the missing persons of young woman’s family. The family stated that when the report was
Popular TagsACCIDENT Anand Ramlogan caribbean news Chaguanas West By-Election COP crime crime news Dr. Keith Rowley Gary Griffith Government Jack Warner Kamla Persad Bissessar Keith Rowley Laventille Ministry Murder news News Power Now oilfield workers Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley Parliament PETROTRIN PNM Police Police investigating police investigations politics PORT OF SPAIN power 102 Prime Prime Minister Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar Radio Vision LTD San Fernando THA Tobago trinidad trinidad and tobago trinidad and tobago news trinidad and tobago police service ttps UNC united national congress WASA world news