Former Attorney-General Ramesh Lawrence Maharaj is criticising what he says is an attack to the rule of law, as it pertains to a move by the Government to initiate disciplinary action against former attorney general John Jeremie.
The matter is in respect to Jeremie’s legal representation of shareholders in the CL Financial liquidation court […]
Life Guards are voicing concern about what they described as the poor condition of the towers built for them at the popular Maracas and Las Cuevas beaches.
The matter was highlighted by Augustus Sylvester who is the Health and Safety Branch Officer of the National Union of Government and Federated Workers.
In a […]
The Oilfields Workers Trade Union took its mobilization campaign to Sangre-Grande today ahead of its march planned for August 4th.
The union maintains that in these tough economic times workers should not be made to feel the brunt of austerity measures.
Already the union has visited Arima, Chaguanas and San Fernando.
Point Fortin is […]
Former Chief Magistrate Marcia Ayers-Caesar has initiated legal action against the Judicial and Legal Service Commission.
This was confirmed by her attorney Ramesh Lawrence Maharaj Friday morning.
Ayers-Caesar is seeking to have the court judicially review the move by the JLSC, headed by Chief Justice Ivor Archie and the Office of the President for […]
In wake of the devastating fire that destroyed the Georgetown Prison Minister of Finance Winston Jordan is to approach the National Assembly to approve supplementary funds to deal with emergency expenditure. Jordan told the Department of Public Information that his ministry is currently awaiting the financial figures from the Public Security Ministry, “They’re […]
- Attorney Ramesh Lawrence Maharaj criticises disciplinary action against John Jeremie by Gov’t
- Lifeguards raise concerns on working conditions
- OWTU takes to Sangre-Grande in lead up to August 4th’s major march
- Ayers-Caesar initiates legal action against JLSC
- Supplementary funds requested by Guyana’s Finance Minister following prison fire
- Ministry of Education to ensure retired educational professionals receive benefits in 3 months time
- Duke accuses Transport Minister of telling untruths
- Cabo star set to make its trial run
- Fish vendors call on San Fernando MP Faris-Al-Rawi to intervene and address their issues
- IWRN appeals to parents and guardians to ensure the safety of their children
- Former Attorney-General Ramesh Lawrence Maharaj is criticising what he says is an attack to the rule of law, as it pertains to a move by the Government to initiate disci
- Life Guards are voicing concern about what they described as the poor condition of the towers built for them at the popular Maracas and Las Cuevas beaches. The ma
Popular TagsAnand Ramlogan caribbean news Chaguanas West By-Election COP crime crime news Dr. Keith Rowley Gary Griffith Government Jack Warner Kamla Persad Bissessar Keith Rowley Laventille Ministry Murder news News Power Now oilfield workers Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley Parliament PETROTRIN PNM Police Police investigating police investigations politics PORT OF SPAIN power 102 Prime Prime Minister Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar Radio Vision LTD San Fernando THA Tobago trinidad trinidad and tobago trinidad and tobago news trinidad and tobago police service ttps UNC united national congress WASA Watson Duke world news