The feature a part of the company’s “Time Machine” series and entitled “Race of Legends” meshes the athletes who ruled three different eras of sprinting in one iconic showdown. The video pieces together each of the athlete’s best performance at the Olympic Games.
Owens’ run is taken from the 1936 Olympic Games in Berlin, Lewis from the 1984 Games in LA and Bolt from his 2012 run in London. As expected Bolt’s best run of 9.63 saw him finish well clear of fellow legends Lewis (9.99) and Owens (10.3).
The trio are arguably track and field’s greatest athletes of all time. Bolt the current world record holder has amassed 8 Olympic gold medals, with Lewis acquiring 9 and Owens four. The ‘Time Machine’ series is expected to give fans the opportunity to compare performances of athletes over various eras to see how far the sport has come.
Steve Penny resigned as president and chief executive of USA Gymnastics yesterday in the wake of the federation’s handling of sexual abuse allegations concerning a former team doctor.
The scandal is centered on a former team doctor Larry Nassar, who is currently in custody facing child pornography and sexual abuse charges.
Nassar, once a team doctor for Olympians at USA Gymnastics and a former employee at Michigan State University, is also under investigation by Michigan authorities who say they have received more than 50 complaints of sexual abuse by the doctor.
USA Gymnastics chairman Paul Parilla said Penny’s departure and a review of procedures for handling sexual misconduct that is being conducted by former attorney Deborah Daniels will help the organization strengthen its policies going forward.
Penny’s resignation comes a week after the United States Olympic Committee’s board of directors sent a recommendation to USA Gymnastics following reports that the organization turned a blind eye to allegations of sexual misconduct.
Ahmad Ahmad has been elected as the Confederation of African Football’s (CAF) President after beating Issa Hayatou in a vote yesterday in Ethiopia.
The head of the Madagascar Football Association was the sole challenger to Hayatou, CAF’s leader since 1988, and he claimed a 34-20 victory over the Cameroonian during the poll at the 39th Ordinary General Assembly at African Union headquarters in Addis Ababa in Ethiopia, an event attended by FIFA President Gianni Infantino.
Hayatou, considered a controversial figure in the game, had been seeking a eighth term as CAF President.
- TT cricket and football teams looking to bite the bug of defeat
- TT’s Dylan Carter brilliant in USA’s Collegiate Swimming Championships
- Court rules against TTFA in broadcast rights issue
- Former Senator and Founding Member of the Alliance of Independents is today saying that while there are a number of factors that contribute to criminal violence it starts at schools
- Former Head of the Police Central Division Senior Superintendent Johnny Abraham says protocols must be followed by the TTPS when a missing persons report is made
- Eight people have been arrested after an attack in Westminister London
- Autopsy results reveals that teen found dead outside of a school compound died from blunt force trauma
- Former Housing Minister questions whether the Housing Development Corporation has any plans of assisting those families it has evicted
- Wade Mark accuses the government of raiding the Heritage and Stabilization Fund
- Body of man found in waters near Hyatt, identified as Tobago native
- Former Senator and Founding Member of the Alliance of Independents is today saying that while there are a number of factors that contribute to criminal violence it starts at schoolsFormer Senator and Founding Member of the Alliance of Independents, Nicole Dyer Griffith Former Senator and Founding Member of the Alliance of Independents (AOI) Nicole D
- Former Head of the Police Central Division Senior Superintendent Johnny Abraham says protocols must be followed by the TTPS when a missing persons report is madeThe family of 23-year-old Sharlene Somai is today critical of officers who took the missing persons of young woman’s family. The family stated that when the report was
Popular TagsACCIDENT Anand Ramlogan caribbean news Chaguanas West By-Election COP crime crime news Dr. Keith Rowley Gary Griffith Government Jack Warner Kamla Persad Bissessar Keith Rowley Laventille Ministry Murder news News Power Now oilfield workers Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley Parliament PETROTRIN PNM Police Police investigating police investigations politics PORT OF SPAIN power 102 Prime Prime Minister Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar Radio Vision LTD San Fernando THA Tobago trinidad trinidad and tobago trinidad and tobago news trinidad and tobago police service ttps UNC united national congress WASA world news