With the career of the Trinidadian up in the air following his sending home ahead of the Tri-Nations Series in Zimbabwe last November, Cameron refused to be drawn definitively on the player’s future, saying only “the ball is in his court”.
“My understanding is that Mr Bravo has met with the executive of the WICB and the ball is in his court, as to whenever he is willing to come back and play cricket,” Cameron said at a recent WICB town hall meeting in Central Trinidad.
Clearly incensed by Cameron’s criticism of his “declining” form and “poor performances”, Bravo slammed the Jamaican administrator in a Twitter outburst, labeling him a “big idiot”.
The WICB promptly cancelled Bravo’s match/tour contract and sent him home from the tour but also gave him until 4 p.m. of November 11, to remove the offending tweet and issue an apology for his actions.
Asked at the town hall meeting if he had received an apology from Bravo, Cameron again repeated, “The ball is in his court.”
Bravo did not play in the WICB’s Regional Super50 for his native Trinidad and Tobago Red Force, and with no clear information emerging from the regional governing body on the matter, it remained uncertain when the impasse with the player was likely to end.
Bravo is West Indies’ leading Test batsman with 3400 runs from 49 Tests and at average of 40.
Only last October, he stroked a superb century in the day/night first Tests against Pakistan in Dubai.
- Intensified Corporation for Regional Security Discussed by Heads, in Recent Meeting on Crime.
- West Indies target 470 deficit in pink-ball Test against England
- Vincent Cabrera Tells GML Workers To Band Together and Demand Job Security after 31 More Are Dismissed.
- Active Hurricane Season It Is. More Active Than Previous Seasons, Says MET Head.
- A Must See. Ladies, Call Up Your Girlfriends. We’re Heading Out!
- IT’S FRIDAY!!!! Want A Cocktail? Here’s What You Need.
- NOTE: Caribbean Airlines Reschedules Flights
- 12-Year-Old Charged with Manslaughter. His 18- Year- Old Brother Is Charged With Murder.
- Concerns Raised Over Conditions at Blind Welfare Office in San Fernando
- Government Heads To Court on Ayers-Caesars’ Part Heard Matters.
- Intensifying cooperation regarding regional security was the focus of discussions on Friday morning when the Minister of National Security Major General (Ret’d) the Ho
- Keiron Pollard Second day of the fifth ever day-night pink-ball match in Test cricket history closed with West Indies on 44 for the loss of opener Kraigg Braithwaite for
Popular TagsAnand Ramlogan caribbean news Chaguanas West By-Election COP crime crime news Dr. Keith Rowley Gary Griffith Government Jack Warner Kamla Persad Bissessar Keith Rowley Laventille Ministry Murder news News Power Now oilfield workers Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley Parliament PETROTRIN PNM Police Police investigating police investigations politics PORT OF SPAIN power 102 Prime Prime Minister Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar Radio Vision LTD San Fernando THA Tobago trinidad trinidad and tobago trinidad and tobago news trinidad and tobago police service ttps UNC united national congress WASA Watson Duke world news