With the career of the Trinidadian up in the air following his sending home ahead of the Tri-Nations Series in Zimbabwe last November, Cameron refused to be drawn definitively on the player’s future, saying only “the ball is in his court”.
“My understanding is that Mr Bravo has met with the executive of the WICB and the ball is in his court, as to whenever he is willing to come back and play cricket,” Cameron said at a recent WICB town hall meeting in Central Trinidad.
Clearly incensed by Cameron’s criticism of his “declining” form and “poor performances”, Bravo slammed the Jamaican administrator in a Twitter outburst, labeling him a “big idiot”.
The WICB promptly cancelled Bravo’s match/tour contract and sent him home from the tour but also gave him until 4 p.m. of November 11, to remove the offending tweet and issue an apology for his actions.
Asked at the town hall meeting if he had received an apology from Bravo, Cameron again repeated, “The ball is in his court.”
Bravo did not play in the WICB’s Regional Super50 for his native Trinidad and Tobago Red Force, and with no clear information emerging from the regional governing body on the matter, it remained uncertain when the impasse with the player was likely to end.
Bravo is West Indies’ leading Test batsman with 3400 runs from 49 Tests and at average of 40.
Only last October, he stroked a superb century in the day/night first Tests against Pakistan in Dubai.
- Property Tax remains a topic of discontent says MP for St. Augustine Prakash Ramadar
- Questions arise on what plans are in place should unrest in Venezuela country affect T&T
- The Opposition says they will continue in non support of the implementation of the Property Tax
- A smooth re-opening of the new school term is the assessment being given by the Ministry of Education
- Why name a stand at Brian Lara Stadium after Sachin Tendulkar
- TT fall out top three in world relays
- TT women, windies men look to save face in respective cricket clashes today
- Likewise, the proposed implementation of the Property Tax ….
- The Government’s announcement about the new chancellor of the University of the West Indies continues to draw fire from the Opposition
- Former Tertiary Education Minister, Fazal Karim Says Minister Anthony Garcia Has Embarrassed the Nation
- Member of Parliament for St. Augustine, Prakash Ramadhar A meeting held by Member of Parliament for St. Augustine, Prakash Ramadhar, on Tuesday has revealed, some level o
- former head of the National Operations Centre, Commander Garvin Heerah The volatile situation that presently exists in neighboring Venezuela will ultimately have a bigger
Popular TagsACCIDENT Anand Ramlogan caribbean news Chaguanas West By-Election COP crime crime news Dr. Keith Rowley Gary Griffith Government Jack Warner Kamla Persad Bissessar Keith Rowley Laventille Ministry Murder news News Power Now oilfield workers Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley Parliament PETROTRIN PNM Police Police investigating police investigations politics PORT OF SPAIN power 102 Prime Prime Minister Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar Radio Vision LTD San Fernando THA Tobago trinidad trinidad and tobago trinidad and tobago news trinidad and tobago police service ttps UNC united national congress WASA world news