A statement from the Ministry of Works and Transport said there is a depression in the middle lane before the lighthouse, heading westbound into Port of Spain.
As a result, motorists are advised to use alternative routes if possible as there may be a back-up of traffic in this area.
Speaking with News Power Now during the live broadcast of the News at Noon, Works and Transport Minister Rohan Sinanan said an 8” underground WASA main ruptured.
Sinanan said WASA will deploy a team tonight to have the line repaired, during the traffic’s down time.
The Ministry said it has contacted the relevant authorities to assist in returning the lane to its normal operation in the shortest amount of time.
Corporate Communications Manager at the Water and Sewerage Authority (WASA), Daniel Plenty, said that teams are heading to the site to begin repairs.
- Carnival Results 2017
- St Vincent born calypsonian Lornette “Fya Empress” fires back at TUCO
- In spite of the long career Calypso Rose has no plans to bow out of the musical arena
- Football away focus while horse racing is all at home – today
- Bravo has tweet and cricketing future in his hands, regional boss says
- US Muslim community campaigns to repair Jewish cemetery
- Former National Security Minister says Government must properly communicate the truth to US President Donald Trump
- Tourism Minister says she is expecting a bumper Carnival season 2017
- Calypsonian Lady Gypsy’s fate for a spot in the Calypso Monarch is still uncertain
- President of the Route Two Maxi Taxi Association calls for more security at City Gate after Carnival fetes
Popular TagsACCIDENT Anand Ramlogan caribbean news Chaguanas West By-Election COP crime crime news Dr. Keith Rowley Gary Griffith Government Jack Warner Kamla Persad Bissessar Keith Rowley Laventille Ministry Murder news News Power Now oilfield workers Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley Parliament PETROTRIN PNM Police Police investigating police investigations politics PORT OF SPAIN power 102 Prime Prime Minister Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar Radio Vision LTD San Fernando THA Tobago trinidad trinidad and tobago trinidad and tobago news trinidad and tobago police service ttps UNC united national congress WASA world news