There is a call for the Minister of State in the Ministry of the People and Social Development, Vernella Allyene
Toppin, to be sent before the Privileges Committee of Parliament.
Chaguanas West Member of Parliament, Jack Warner, made the appeal in the House of Representatives this afternoon.
Mr Warner said during the March 25th debate on the motion of no confidence in Opposition Leader, Dr Keith Rowley, in
the parliament Mrs Allyene Toppin MP for Tobago East made several unsavory and distasteful statements which targeted
the PNM Political Leader.
He said the comments which targeted the personal life of Dr. Rowley were an abuse of the privileges of the House and
cited the need for the matter to be dealt with.
Chaguanas West Member of Parliament, Jack Warner
In response to the request made by Mr Warner, House Speaker, Wade Mark, said he will inform the parliament of his
decision on this matter at the next sitting.
- FULL Interview with Gary Griffith
- Anil Roberts dismisses hotel room video allegations against him as bacchanal
- Met office dispels rumours of tropical storm threat for T&T
- Gov’t promises clean up action in South and Central following storm passage
- $25mill relief fund established following Tropical Storm Bret
- POS General Hospital workers protest food supply and equipment shortage
- POS General Hospital staff protest poor working conditions and lack of food in kitchen area
- South clean up continues following severe flooding
- The Anil Roberts Interview -The Pursuit of Truth
- Food price hike and poorer quality produce is unavoidable following Tropical Storm
- Following the highly anticipated Interview yesterday with former Minister of Sports Anil Roberts, The Power Breakfast Crew wanted to get some additional answers from anot
- Anil Roberts being Interviewed by Tony Fraser In our continuing coverage of today’s explosive interview with former Sports Minister Anil Roberts, he continued today to
Popular TagsAnand Ramlogan caribbean news Chaguanas West By-Election COP crime crime news Dr. Keith Rowley Gary Griffith Government Jack Warner Kamla Persad Bissessar Keith Rowley Laventille Ministry Murder news News Power Now oilfield workers Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley Parliament PETROTRIN PNM Police Police investigating police investigations politics PORT OF SPAIN power 102 Prime Prime Minister Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar Radio Vision LTD San Fernando THA Tobago trinidad trinidad and tobago trinidad and tobago news trinidad and tobago police service ttps UNC united national congress WASA Watson Duke world news