There is a call for the Minister of State in the Ministry of the People and Social Development, Vernella Allyene
Toppin, to be sent before the Privileges Committee of Parliament.
Chaguanas West Member of Parliament, Jack Warner, made the appeal in the House of Representatives this afternoon.
Mr Warner said during the March 25th debate on the motion of no confidence in Opposition Leader, Dr Keith Rowley, in
the parliament Mrs Allyene Toppin MP for Tobago East made several unsavory and distasteful statements which targeted
the PNM Political Leader.
He said the comments which targeted the personal life of Dr. Rowley were an abuse of the privileges of the House and
cited the need for the matter to be dealt with.
Chaguanas West Member of Parliament, Jack Warner
In response to the request made by Mr Warner, House Speaker, Wade Mark, said he will inform the parliament of his
decision on this matter at the next sitting.
- Miller grinds TT Red Force to defeat yet again in regional cricket clash
- TT Hockey men fire past Swiss in World League action in Tacarigua
- There is concern over what has been described as fear by residents in the Enterprise area
- Prison authorities are today ensuring the public that all is being done to maintain law and order in the prisons
- Reports that residents in Enterprise are afraid to leave their homes surface this morning
- TT cricket and football teams looking to bite the bug of defeat
- TT’s Dylan Carter brilliant in USA’s Collegiate Swimming Championships
- Court rules against TTFA in broadcast rights issue
- Former Senator and Founding Member of the Alliance of Independents is today saying that while there are a number of factors that contribute to criminal violence it starts at schools
- Former Head of the Police Central Division Senior Superintendent Johnny Abraham says protocols must be followed by the TTPS when a missing persons report is made
- Enterprise gang leader Selwyn “Robocop” Alexis There is concern over what has been described as fear by residents in the Enterprise area after shootings that occurred
- Prison authorities are today ensuring the public that all is being done to maintain law and order in the prisonsThis follows a stabbing incident that occurred on Saturday at a Maximum Security Prison in Arouca. An altercation between two remanded inmates during an airing exercise a
Popular TagsACCIDENT Anand Ramlogan caribbean news Chaguanas West By-Election COP crime crime news Dr. Keith Rowley Gary Griffith Government Jack Warner Kamla Persad Bissessar Keith Rowley Laventille Ministry Murder news News Power Now oilfield workers Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley Parliament PETROTRIN PNM Police Police investigating police investigations politics PORT OF SPAIN power 102 Prime Prime Minister Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar Radio Vision LTD San Fernando THA Tobago trinidad trinidad and tobago trinidad and tobago news trinidad and tobago police service ttps UNC united national congress WASA world news