The Oilfields Workers Trade Union took its mobilization campaign to Sangre-Grande today ahead of its march planned for August 4th.
The union maintains that in these tough economic times workers should not be made to feel the brunt of austerity measures.
Already the union has visited Arima, Chaguanas and San Fernando.
Point Fortin is […]
Weighing in on the new developments with the Cabo star, Minority Leader in the Tobago House of Assembly, Watson Duke says he is not impressed by these new developments.
Speaking with News Power Now on the heels of the minister’s tour of the Cabo Star yesterday, Mr Duke accused the Minister of Transport telling untruths.
Fish vendors at the wharf in San Fernando are calling on their Member of Parliament Faris-Al-Rawi to intervene in what they say is the mayor’s failure to deal with their issues.
Members of the Fish Vendors’ Association say they have made complaints to San Fernando Mayor Junia Regrello on numerous occasions and accuse him […]
Workers at Angostura Limited, who are members of the Seamen and Waterfront Workers Trade Union, continued a lunch-time protest today, and are vowing to continue until the company takes steps to remove its Human Resources Manager.
President General of the union, Michael Annisette, told us the question is the workers loss of faith in […]
Seventy persons have benefited so far from the work of the Unemployment Bureau and are no longer on the breadline.
The Unemployment Bureau which was set up last year is a venture of the All Trinidad General Workers Trade Union.
It collects vital information from persons who have lost their jobs and then, through […]
- Attorney Ramesh Lawrence Maharaj criticises disciplinary action against John Jeremie by Gov’t
- Lifeguards raise concerns on working conditions
- OWTU takes to Sangre-Grande in lead up to August 4th’s major march
- Ayers-Caesar initiates legal action against JLSC
- Supplementary funds requested by Guyana’s Finance Minister following prison fire
- Ministry of Education to ensure retired educational professionals receive benefits in 3 months time
- Duke accuses Transport Minister of telling untruths
- Cabo star set to make its trial run
- Fish vendors call on San Fernando MP Faris-Al-Rawi to intervene and address their issues
- IWRN appeals to parents and guardians to ensure the safety of their children
- Former Attorney-General Ramesh Lawrence Maharaj is criticising what he says is an attack to the rule of law, as it pertains to a move by the Government to initiate disci
- Life Guards are voicing concern about what they described as the poor condition of the towers built for them at the popular Maracas and Las Cuevas beaches. The ma
Popular TagsAnand Ramlogan caribbean news Chaguanas West By-Election COP crime crime news Dr. Keith Rowley Gary Griffith Government Jack Warner Kamla Persad Bissessar Keith Rowley Laventille Ministry Murder news News Power Now oilfield workers Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley Parliament PETROTRIN PNM Police Police investigating police investigations politics PORT OF SPAIN power 102 Prime Prime Minister Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar Radio Vision LTD San Fernando THA Tobago trinidad trinidad and tobago trinidad and tobago news trinidad and tobago police service ttps UNC united national congress WASA Watson Duke world news