New York-based Moody’s Investors Service has downgraded Trinidad and Tobago to what investors call “junk” status.
The Moody’s downgrade late Tuesday evening comes four days after fellow New York-based Standard & Poor’s Global Ratings (S&P) also downgraded the country, replacing its “A-” rating with a “BBB+” rating.
T&T’s new rating is “Ba1” from Moody’s, down […]
The failure of the PNM Government to effect credible fiscal consolidation, compatible with revenue earnings from the energy sector is the reason for the downgrade of T&T’s economy in a recent Moody’s report.
This is according to Member of Parliament for Oropouche West Mrs. Vidia Gayadeen Gopeesingh.
In a statement she revealed that government expenditure […]
A meeting held by Member of Parliament for St. Augustine, Prakash Ramadhar, on Tuesday has revealed, some level of discontent about issues surrounding the impending Property Tax enforcement in this country.
Noting the need to entertain party financing legislation in the parliament, even before property tax enforcement comes to fruition, Mr. Ramadhar, speaking with News […]
The volatile situation that presently exists in neighboring Venezuela will ultimately have a bigger effect on Trinidad and Tobago and the question that hangs in the air now is what are we going to do about it.
This is the concern of Former head of the National Operations Centre (NOC), Commander Garvin Heerah.
He says […]
The United National Congress is today signaling their opposition to the Property tax.
This is according to Member of Parliament for Oropouche, Rodal Moonilal.
He says that the Opposition will not support the Property Tax as it lays a heavy burden to the economically depressed in society.
- One economist is saying that Trinidad and Tobago should be very concerned with the recent Moody’s downgrade
- Member of Parliament for Oropouche West says Moody’s downgrade on the T&T economy shows Government’s inefficiencies
- Property Tax remains a topic of discontent says MP for St. Augustine Prakash Ramadar
- Questions arise on what plans are in place should unrest in Venezuela country affect T&T
- The Opposition says they will continue in non support of the implementation of the Property Tax
- A smooth re-opening of the new school term is the assessment being given by the Ministry of Education
- Why name a stand at Brian Lara Stadium after Sachin Tendulkar
- TT fall out top three in world relays
- TT women, windies men look to save face in respective cricket clashes today
- Likewise, the proposed implementation of the Property Tax ….
- One economist is saying that Trinidad and Tobago should be very concerned with the recent Moody’s downgradePedestrians pass in front of Standard & Poor’s Financial Services LLC in New York, U.S., on Thursday, July 28, 2011. U.S. stocks slid, dragging the Standard &am
- Member of Parliament for Oropouche West says Moody’s downgrade on the T&T economy shows Government’s inefficienciesMember of Parliament for Oropouche West Mrs. Vidia Gayadeen-Gopeesingh The failure of the PNM Government to effect credible fiscal consolidation, compatible with revenue
Popular TagsACCIDENT Anand Ramlogan caribbean news Chaguanas West By-Election COP crime crime news Dr. Keith Rowley Gary Griffith Government Jack Warner Kamla Persad Bissessar Keith Rowley Laventille Ministry Murder news News Power Now oilfield workers Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley Parliament PETROTRIN PNM Police Police investigating police investigations politics PORT OF SPAIN power 102 Prime Prime Minister Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar Radio Vision LTD San Fernando THA Tobago trinidad trinidad and tobago trinidad and tobago news trinidad and tobago police service ttps UNC united national congress WASA world news