The failure of the PNM Government to effect credible fiscal consolidation, compatible with revenue earnings from the energy sector is the reason for the downgrade of T&T’s economy in a recent Moody’s report.
This is according to Member of Parliament for Oropouche West Mrs. Vidia Gayadeen Gopeesingh.
In a statement she revealed that government expenditure […]
A meeting held by Member of Parliament for St. Augustine, Prakash Ramadhar, on Tuesday has revealed, some level of discontent about issues surrounding the impending Property Tax enforcement in this country.
Noting the need to entertain party financing legislation in the parliament, even before property tax enforcement comes to fruition, Mr. Ramadhar, speaking with News […]
The United National Congress is today signaling their opposition to the Property tax.
This is according to Member of Parliament for Oropouche, Rodal Moonilal.
He says that the Opposition will not support the Property Tax as it lays a heavy burden to the economically depressed in society.
Meanwhile, commenting on the Prime Minister’s comments on the crime fight, economist and political analyst, Indira Sagewan Ali, said it is apparent to her that the Prime Minister’s hands are tied, beyond making funding for resources, available.
She further noted that the Prime Minister, in addressing the issue of a foreign exchange shortage in Trinidad […]
This country’s Prime Minister says the government of Trinidad and Tobago is supporting acting commissioner of Police Stephen Williams to ensure he has the best group of police officers to combat this country’s crime situation.
Speaking on CNC 3’s Morning Brew this morning, Prime Minister Dr. Keith Rowley admitted that there is […]
- One economist is saying that Trinidad and Tobago should be very concerned with the recent Moody’s downgrade
- Member of Parliament for Oropouche West says Moody’s downgrade on the T&T economy shows Government’s inefficiencies
- Property Tax remains a topic of discontent says MP for St. Augustine Prakash Ramadar
- Questions arise on what plans are in place should unrest in Venezuela country affect T&T
- The Opposition says they will continue in non support of the implementation of the Property Tax
- A smooth re-opening of the new school term is the assessment being given by the Ministry of Education
- Why name a stand at Brian Lara Stadium after Sachin Tendulkar
- TT fall out top three in world relays
- TT women, windies men look to save face in respective cricket clashes today
- Likewise, the proposed implementation of the Property Tax ….
- One economist is saying that Trinidad and Tobago should be very concerned with the recent Moody’s downgradePedestrians pass in front of Standard & Poor’s Financial Services LLC in New York, U.S., on Thursday, July 28, 2011. U.S. stocks slid, dragging the Standard &am
- Member of Parliament for Oropouche West says Moody’s downgrade on the T&T economy shows Government’s inefficienciesMember of Parliament for Oropouche West Mrs. Vidia Gayadeen-Gopeesingh The failure of the PNM Government to effect credible fiscal consolidation, compatible with revenue
Popular TagsACCIDENT Anand Ramlogan caribbean news Chaguanas West By-Election COP crime crime news Dr. Keith Rowley Gary Griffith Government Jack Warner Kamla Persad Bissessar Keith Rowley Laventille Ministry Murder news News Power Now oilfield workers Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley Parliament PETROTRIN PNM Police Police investigating police investigations politics PORT OF SPAIN power 102 Prime Prime Minister Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar Radio Vision LTD San Fernando THA Tobago trinidad trinidad and tobago trinidad and tobago news trinidad and tobago police service ttps UNC united national congress WASA world news