The Children’s Authority of Trinidad and Tobago says while it still does not have the legal power to intervene and deliver services, citizens should report neglect and abuse to existing agencies.
In a statement, the Children’s Authority of Trinidad and Tobago joins with the Maloney community in extending condolences to the family of 6-year-old Keyanna Cumberbatch, who was found dead at her home.on Thursday.
C.A.T.T. is appealing to citizens who know or suspect incidents of child abuse and neglect to contact the agencies that offer child protection services. These include the Police Service, Childline or the National Family Services Division of the Ministry of Gender, Youth and Child Development.
The Children’s Authority explains it is in the final stages of the preparatory work required for start-up in the coming months.
It notes the Authority has been recruiting staff and engaging key stakeholders to provide a more effective response to children at risk.
Meanwhile, Minister of Gender, Youth and child development, Clifton De Coteau, speaking in the parliament on Friday, said everyone must be involved in the protection of the nation’s children.
- Chinese national and business owner robbed and shot dead
- Islamic Front President says social distress fuelling crime spree in T&T
- The Congress of the People (COP) is not dead
- Opposition determined to set record straight on Friday’s Parliament walkout
- Temporary traffic disruption at Camden Road, Couva
- A community is in shock as double homicide rocks Malabar
- Former Tourism Minister says Bourdain documentary may work in T&T’s favour
- ODPM says T&T is equipped to handle a natural disaster
- Opposition seeks to clears the air on Friday’s Parliament walkout
- POS Mayor says he is not aware of calls for Christopher Columbus statue to be removed
- The Chinese community here in Trinidad has counted another loss as one of its members was shot to death on Tuesday night. Yana Zeng, the owner of N&N Mini Mart, was
- There remains a lack of focus and attention on the elements of social distress plaguing communities in Trinidad and Tobago. This, according to one Islamic Leader, is at
Popular TagsAnand Ramlogan caribbean news Chaguanas West By-Election COP crime crime news Dr. Keith Rowley Gary Griffith Government Jack Warner Kamla Persad Bissessar Keith Rowley Laventille Ministry Murder news News Power Now oilfield workers Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley Parliament PETROTRIN PNM Police Police investigating police investigations politics PORT OF SPAIN power 102 Prime Prime Minister Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar Radio Vision LTD San Fernando THA Tobago trinidad trinidad and tobago trinidad and tobago news trinidad and tobago police service ttps UNC united national congress WASA Watson Duke world news