The Children’s Authority of Trinidad and Tobago says while it still does not have the legal power to intervene and deliver services, citizens should report neglect and abuse to existing agencies.
In a statement, the Children’s Authority of Trinidad and Tobago joins with the Maloney community in extending condolences to the family of 6-year-old Keyanna Cumberbatch, who was found dead at her home.on Thursday.
C.A.T.T. is appealing to citizens who know or suspect incidents of child abuse and neglect to contact the agencies that offer child protection services. These include the Police Service, Childline or the National Family Services Division of the Ministry of Gender, Youth and Child Development.
The Children’s Authority explains it is in the final stages of the preparatory work required for start-up in the coming months.
It notes the Authority has been recruiting staff and engaging key stakeholders to provide a more effective response to children at risk.
Meanwhile, Minister of Gender, Youth and child development, Clifton De Coteau, speaking in the parliament on Friday, said everyone must be involved in the protection of the nation’s children.
- Property Tax remains a topic of discontent says MP for St. Augustine Prakash Ramadar
- Questions arise on what plans are in place should unrest in Venezuela country affect T&T
- The Opposition says they will continue in non support of the implementation of the Property Tax
- A smooth re-opening of the new school term is the assessment being given by the Ministry of Education
- Why name a stand at Brian Lara Stadium after Sachin Tendulkar
- TT fall out top three in world relays
- TT women, windies men look to save face in respective cricket clashes today
- Likewise, the proposed implementation of the Property Tax ….
- The Government’s announcement about the new chancellor of the University of the West Indies continues to draw fire from the Opposition
- Former Tertiary Education Minister, Fazal Karim Says Minister Anthony Garcia Has Embarrassed the Nation
- Member of Parliament for St. Augustine, Prakash Ramadhar A meeting held by Member of Parliament for St. Augustine, Prakash Ramadhar, on Tuesday has revealed, some level o
- former head of the National Operations Centre, Commander Garvin Heerah The volatile situation that presently exists in neighboring Venezuela will ultimately have a bigger
Popular TagsACCIDENT Anand Ramlogan caribbean news Chaguanas West By-Election COP crime crime news Dr. Keith Rowley Gary Griffith Government Jack Warner Kamla Persad Bissessar Keith Rowley Laventille Ministry Murder news News Power Now oilfield workers Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley Parliament PETROTRIN PNM Police Police investigating police investigations politics PORT OF SPAIN power 102 Prime Prime Minister Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar Radio Vision LTD San Fernando THA Tobago trinidad trinidad and tobago trinidad and tobago news trinidad and tobago police service ttps UNC united national congress WASA world news