The Children’s Authority of Trinidad and Tobago says while it still does not have the legal power to intervene and deliver services, citizens should report neglect and abuse to existing agencies.
In a statement, the Children’s Authority of Trinidad and Tobago joins with the Maloney community in extending condolences to the family of 6-year-old Keyanna Cumberbatch, who was found dead at her home.on Thursday.
C.A.T.T. is appealing to citizens who know or suspect incidents of child abuse and neglect to contact the agencies that offer child protection services. These include the Police Service, Childline or the National Family Services Division of the Ministry of Gender, Youth and Child Development.
The Children’s Authority explains it is in the final stages of the preparatory work required for start-up in the coming months.
It notes the Authority has been recruiting staff and engaging key stakeholders to provide a more effective response to children at risk.
Meanwhile, Minister of Gender, Youth and child development, Clifton De Coteau, speaking in the parliament on Friday, said everyone must be involved in the protection of the nation’s children.
- Miss Universe T&T, Crowned. Naps Alumni, Port of Spain Resident Ready to Represent.
- Opposition Leader Says Government Should Be Doing More. Tours Areas Affected by Severe Flooding.
- RC Archbishop Speaks Out. Social Media Violence Involving Youths, Sounds Alarm.
- Areas of Sangre Grande Feel The Brunt of Inclement Weather. Livestock, Appliances, Crops Damaged.
- Members Club Association To Meet with Ministry of Finance Official on The Way Forward.
- Wild Meat Seizure from Meat Peddlers Triggers Health Concerns. Minister Speaks Out.
- Crime Report Delivered. NOW WHAT? Criminologist Urges Action and Enforcement.
- Over 40? No Problem. T&T Designer, Afiya’s Got The Perfect Advice to Boost Your Confidence Using Fashion.
- Port-of-Spain Welcomes New Catholic Archbishop, Hailing from Barbados.
- Soca Mom and Wife, Fay-Ann Lyons Enters Mas Arena. Delivers Atlanta for C2K18.
- Last evening, a new queen was crowned in Trinidad and Tobago. Yvonne Clarke, who hails from the city of San Fernando, walked away with the title of Miss Universe Trinidad
- Opposition Leader, Kamla Persad Bissessar today toured areas affected by flooding. She met with residents and spoke with reporters on the situation. In a statement to the
Popular TagsACCIDENT Anand Ramlogan caribbean news Chaguanas West By-Election COP crime crime news Dr. Keith Rowley Gary Griffith Government Jack Warner Kamla Persad Bissessar Keith Rowley Laventille Murder news News Power Now Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley Parliament PETROTRIN PNM Police Police investigating police investigations politics PORT OF SPAIN power 102 Prime Prime Minister Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar protest Radio Vision LTD San Fernando THA Tobago trinidad trinidad and tobago trinidad and tobago news trinidad and tobago police service ttps UNC united national congress WASA Watson Duke world news