The Congress of the People has condemned the actions of the Independent Liberal Party, following a public political meeting held on Saturday at the Centre of Excellence in Macoya.
According to a media release issued, the COP sees as disrespectful and mischievous, the announcement of the presence of an unnamed COP representative at the ILP meeting. Acting Political Leader of the Congress of the People, Dr. Anirudh Mahabir says the move is yet another mischievous act by another political party, directed against the Congress of the People, explaining that the COP had received no formal invitation from the ILP to send any representative to their meeting and as such, the COP did not appoint any such representative to attend the party’s event or to speak on its behalf.
He said that if any member of the COP did attend the meeting, it would have been done so in their personal capacity.
- Over 100 schools meet to discuss urgent issues such as discipline and supervision
- Trinidadian nationals in London said to be safe following terror attack
- Port Authority says sea transportation issues to be resolved soon
- Police Complaints Authority says illegal wrecking of vehicles has been ongoing
- The Prime Minister requests report from Sports Minister on recent Tobago trip
- Tourism Association President says not enough being done to market Trinidad
- Sport Minister says allegations against him are an attempt to get him out of office
- Tobago records another murder
- Attorney at law Om Lalla says Finance Minister trying to get around court ruling
- PSA General Secretary promises ideal industrial relations climate if elected President
- Education Minister, Anthony Garcia The Education Ministry reveals that over one hundred of the one hundred and twenty-five secondary schools’ principals heeded a call b
- London terror attack This country’s High Commission in London confirms that all nationals within the diaspora who are registered with it are safe following the terror a
Popular TagsACCIDENT Anand Ramlogan caribbean news Chaguanas West By-Election COP crime crime news Dr. Keith Rowley Gary Griffith Government Jack Warner Kamla Persad Bissessar Keith Rowley Laventille Ministry Murder news News Power Now oilfield workers Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley Parliament PETROTRIN PNM Police Police investigating police investigations politics PORT OF SPAIN power 102 Prime Prime Minister Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar Radio Vision LTD San Fernando THA Tobago trinidad trinidad and tobago trinidad and tobago news trinidad and tobago police service ttps UNC united national congress WASA world news