Relatives of Chaguanas shopkeeper, Hanipha “Lucky” Bedassie are this morning mourning her sudden death, this after a lone perpetrator attacked her at her home, which is located at the back of her Mini Mart. The 55- year -old woman was found with her hands and feet bound and pieces of lace clothing in her mouth.
The perpetrator was subsequently shot by police and died en route to the Chaguanas health facility. The perpetrator, identified as Leon Johnson was known to the woman. He was the son of a women who had once rented an apartment from Bedassie, some two houses away from where the crime was committed.
Chaguanas police are said to have responded to information received from a pastor who had spotted Johnson jumping over the back wall into the yard of his church. Officers spotted Johnson running a short distance away at Connector Road and as they approached him, it is alleged that there was an exchange of gunfire and the suspect was injured.
The woman’s son told the media that she had been concerned about the increasing crime situation in the area, however she had never been robbed before.
- Tropical Wave Near East Trinidad. More Rainfall On The Way. BE VIGILANT.
- Present ODPM Deputy CEO Was At A Severe Disadvantage, During Last Week’s Flooding Says Former CEO.
- 4 Shot At Moruga Bar Overnight. Police Hunt Suspects.
- 24- Year -Old Man Severely Burnt in Belmont Blaze.
- Miss Universe T&T, Crowned. Naps Alumni, Port of Spain Resident Ready to Represent.
- Opposition Leader Says Government Should Be Doing More. Tours Areas Affected by Severe Flooding.
- RC Archbishop Speaks Out. Social Media Violence Involving Youths, Sounds Alarm.
- Areas of Sangre Grande Feel The Brunt of Inclement Weather. Livestock, Appliances, Crops Damaged.
- Members Club Association To Meet with Ministry of Finance Official on The Way Forward.
- Wild Meat Seizure from Meat Peddlers Triggers Health Concerns. Minister Speaks Out.
- The ODPM is today assuring citizens that support relief and recovery efforts continue, to areas impacted by severe weather conditions, which resulted in widespread floodi
- Police have launched a man hunt after 4 men from Moruga were shot last evening. Reports state the men were at Rampersad’s Bar in Moruga at around 10:30 PM when a ma
Popular TagsACCIDENT Anand Ramlogan caribbean news Chaguanas West By-Election COP crime crime news Dr. Keith Rowley Gary Griffith Government Jack Warner Kamla Persad Bissessar Keith Rowley Laventille Murder news News Power Now Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley Parliament PETROTRIN PNM Police Police investigating police investigations politics PORT OF SPAIN power 102 Prime Prime Minister Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar protest Radio Vision LTD San Fernando THA Tobago trinidad trinidad and tobago trinidad and tobago news trinidad and tobago police service ttps UNC united national congress WASA Watson Duke world news