That’s the admonition from the Head of the ODPM this morning.
The Seismic Research Center at the University of the West Indies reveals that Tuesday afternoon’s earthquake measured 6.2.
It occurred around 5:52pm.
The tremor was reportedly felt in Arima , Scarborough, La Brea, Sangre-Grande and San Fernando.
Meanwhile the seismic research agency released new information at midnight last night of a magnitude 4.9 earthquake which could be felt in Scarborough, Arima and Port of Spain.
In a televised interview this morning Head of the Office of Disaster Preparedness and Management Dr. Stephen Ramroop addressed rumors and misinformation that had been trending on social media.
One such rumor spoke of a tsunami warning which another encouraged citizens to stay at home today because of another expected earthquake.
He said that citizens of T&T should be very worried if a larger earthquake were to be experienced.
- Over 100 schools meet to discuss urgent issues such as discipline and supervision
- Trinidadian nationals in London said to be safe following terror attack
- Port Authority says sea transportation issues to be resolved soon
- Police Complaints Authority says illegal wrecking of vehicles has been ongoing
- The Prime Minister requests report from Sports Minister on recent Tobago trip
- Tourism Association President says not enough being done to market Trinidad
- Sport Minister says allegations against him are an attempt to get him out of office
- Tobago records another murder
- Attorney at law Om Lalla says Finance Minister trying to get around court ruling
- PSA General Secretary promises ideal industrial relations climate if elected President
- Education Minister, Anthony Garcia The Education Ministry reveals that over one hundred of the one hundred and twenty-five secondary schools’ principals heeded a call b
- London terror attack This country’s High Commission in London confirms that all nationals within the diaspora who are registered with it are safe following the terror a
Popular TagsACCIDENT Anand Ramlogan caribbean news Chaguanas West By-Election COP crime crime news Dr. Keith Rowley Gary Griffith Government Jack Warner Kamla Persad Bissessar Keith Rowley Laventille Ministry Murder news News Power Now oilfield workers Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley Parliament PETROTRIN PNM Police Police investigating police investigations politics PORT OF SPAIN power 102 Prime Prime Minister Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar Radio Vision LTD San Fernando THA Tobago trinidad trinidad and tobago trinidad and tobago news trinidad and tobago police service ttps UNC united national congress WASA world news