That’s the admonition from the Head of the ODPM this morning.
The Seismic Research Center at the University of the West Indies reveals that Tuesday afternoon’s earthquake measured 6.2.
It occurred around 5:52pm.
The tremor was reportedly felt in Arima , Scarborough, La Brea, Sangre-Grande and San Fernando.
Meanwhile the seismic research agency released new information at midnight last night of a magnitude 4.9 earthquake which could be felt in Scarborough, Arima and Port of Spain.
In a televised interview this morning Head of the Office of Disaster Preparedness and Management Dr. Stephen Ramroop addressed rumors and misinformation that had been trending on social media.
One such rumor spoke of a tsunami warning which another encouraged citizens to stay at home today because of another expected earthquake.
He said that citizens of T&T should be very worried if a larger earthquake were to be experienced.
- Intensified Corporation for Regional Security Discussed by Heads, in Recent Meeting on Crime.
- West Indies target 470 deficit in pink-ball Test against England
- Vincent Cabrera Tells GML Workers To Band Together and Demand Job Security after 31 More Are Dismissed.
- Active Hurricane Season It Is. More Active Than Previous Seasons, Says MET Head.
- A Must See. Ladies, Call Up Your Girlfriends. We’re Heading Out!
- IT’S FRIDAY!!!! Want A Cocktail? Here’s What You Need.
- NOTE: Caribbean Airlines Reschedules Flights
- 12-Year-Old Charged with Manslaughter. His 18- Year- Old Brother Is Charged With Murder.
- Concerns Raised Over Conditions at Blind Welfare Office in San Fernando
- Government Heads To Court on Ayers-Caesars’ Part Heard Matters.
- Intensifying cooperation regarding regional security was the focus of discussions on Friday morning when the Minister of National Security Major General (Ret’d) the Ho
- Keiron Pollard Second day of the fifth ever day-night pink-ball match in Test cricket history closed with West Indies on 44 for the loss of opener Kraigg Braithwaite for
Popular TagsAnand Ramlogan caribbean news Chaguanas West By-Election COP crime crime news Dr. Keith Rowley Gary Griffith Government Jack Warner Kamla Persad Bissessar Keith Rowley Laventille Ministry Murder news News Power Now oilfield workers Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley Parliament PETROTRIN PNM Police Police investigating police investigations politics PORT OF SPAIN power 102 Prime Prime Minister Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar Radio Vision LTD San Fernando THA Tobago trinidad trinidad and tobago trinidad and tobago news trinidad and tobago police service ttps UNC united national congress WASA Watson Duke world news