The issue of the government’s plans to introduce a new fast ferry to the sea bridge between Trinidad and Tobago remains a matter of contention.
Minority leader of the Tobago House of Assembly Watson Duke says while plans are afoot to introduce the vessel, the people must know that the boat is in no way the right answer to the cries of Tobago’s people.
Mr. Duke commented on the situation, during a News Power Now interview this morning.
Mr. Duke made a damning allegation, saying that the new vessel is politically tied to a party whose colour of choice is red.
Minister of Works and Transport, Rohan Sinanan told News Power Now that the Port Authority Chairman would be the person in the best position, at this time, to offer an update on negotiations relative to the acquisition of the new vessel.
However, efforts to speak with Chairman Alison Lewis proved futile.
- FULL Interview with Gary Griffith
- Anil Roberts dismisses hotel room video allegations against him as bacchanal
- Met office dispels rumours of tropical storm threat for T&T
- Gov’t promises clean up action in South and Central following storm passage
- $25mill relief fund established following Tropical Storm Bret
- POS General Hospital workers protest food supply and equipment shortage
- POS General Hospital staff protest poor working conditions and lack of food in kitchen area
- South clean up continues following severe flooding
- The Anil Roberts Interview -The Pursuit of Truth
- Food price hike and poorer quality produce is unavoidable following Tropical Storm
- Following the highly anticipated Interview yesterday with former Minister of Sports Anil Roberts, The Power Breakfast Crew wanted to get some additional answers from anot
- Anil Roberts being Interviewed by Tony Fraser In our continuing coverage of today’s explosive interview with former Sports Minister Anil Roberts, he continued today to
Popular TagsAnand Ramlogan caribbean news Chaguanas West By-Election COP crime crime news Dr. Keith Rowley Gary Griffith Government Jack Warner Kamla Persad Bissessar Keith Rowley Laventille Ministry Murder news News Power Now oilfield workers Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley Parliament PETROTRIN PNM Police Police investigating police investigations politics PORT OF SPAIN power 102 Prime Prime Minister Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar Radio Vision LTD San Fernando THA Tobago trinidad trinidad and tobago trinidad and tobago news trinidad and tobago police service ttps UNC united national congress WASA Watson Duke world news