Top of the news this midday hour… Criminologist Darrius Figurera is today saying that The hierarchies who give orders to gangs in this country do not live here.
He made the comments while speaking on the Power Breakfast Morning Show today.
He said that transnational crime is the order of the day in Trinidad and gang activity is very serious business.
He said a large part of the issue is that the problem is fed by illicit products that are not manufactured in Trinidad and Tobago.
He revealed that the most concerted attempt made to deal with the issue of gang warfare in T&T was when Patrick Manning was Prime Minister and Mr. Martin George was Minister of National Security.
He disclosed that at that time there was a concerted attempt for institutional transformation.
- Illegal vending in Arima being tackled
- OWTU says no to job cuts in economic hardship
- Search continues for missing man at sea
- Contractors Association reports better days
- Tobago prices reportedly increasing following transport woes
- Businessman’s murder raises discussions on accessing licensed firearms
- Truckers & Traders Association President says sea bridge crisis needs Gov’t intervention
- Fiery protests as Morvant residents cry neglect
- National Security Minister says Life Sport responsible for crime fighting challenges today
- Sea transport issues continue, PM says sorry
Popular TagsACCIDENT Anand Ramlogan caribbean news Chaguanas West By-Election COP crime crime news Dr. Keith Rowley Gary Griffith Government Jack Warner Kamla Persad Bissessar Keith Rowley Laventille Ministry Murder news News Power Now oilfield workers Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley Parliament PETROTRIN PNM Police Police investigating police investigations politics PORT OF SPAIN power 102 Prime Prime Minister Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar Radio Vision LTD San Fernando THA Tobago trinidad trinidad and tobago trinidad and tobago news trinidad and tobago police service ttps UNC united national congress WASA world news