If the Government refuses to remove corrupt influences in their midst then they are just as guilty as those they choose to protect.
Former Attorney General Ramesh Lawrence Maharaj made the comments at a press conference held yesterday.
Referring to Mark’s prevention of a Member of Parliament from moving a motion of censure against the Minister, Maharaj said that what the Speaker did was not an ordinary error.
He described it as a grave injustice to the people of Chaguanas West and to the country as a whole.
He said that the Government and the Prime Minister has a responsibility to act decisively in the situation.
He has called for the removal of House Speaker Wade Mark and Attorney General Anand Ramlogan.
Last Friday, Chaguanas West MP Jack Warner abruptly ended his presentation in Parliament after he was told by Mark he would not be able to raise an issue because it was not part of the motion of censure brought against Finance Minister Larry Howai.
Mark told Parliament he had been informed by the Judiciary of a matter involving Howai which was before the court and, therefore, debate on the motion was sub judice.
Maharaj has also called for a full investigation into the matter.
Former Attorney General Ramesh Lawrence Maharaj.
- Former Housing Minister questions whether the Housing Development Corporation has any plans of assisting those families it has evicted
- Wade Mark accuses the government of raiding the Heritage and Stabilization Fund
- Body of man found in waters near Hyatt, identified as Tobago native
- The Communication Workers Union says they are not accepting an apology from the Tourism Minister in light of the dismal of TDC workers
- Property Owners be aware, payment of your property taxes must be made priority, this according an auditing firm
- Law Students at UWI St Augustine are protesting a planned move to the campus in Debe….
- One farmers group says they are supporting the decision by government to close the Caroni Greens limited.
- Member of Parliament for Oropouche East says the Government’s decision to shut down the Community Comfort control was highly inconsiderate
- An economist questions government current borrowing, saying it has been deemed “reckless”
- Bolt in race with two other fastest
- Former Housing Minister questions whether the Housing Development Corporation has any plans of assisting those families it has evictedformer Housing Minister Dr Roodal Moonilal Former Housing Minister Dr Roodal Moonilal is questioning whether the Housing Development Corporation has any plans of assistin
- Opposition Senator, Wade Mark Government’s decision last Thursday to make a second withdrawal from the Heritage and Stabilization Fund was described by Opposition Senat
Popular TagsACCIDENT Anand Ramlogan caribbean news Chaguanas West By-Election COP crime crime news Dr. Keith Rowley Gary Griffith Government Jack Warner Kamla Persad Bissessar Keith Rowley Laventille Ministry Murder news News Power Now oilfield workers Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley Parliament PETROTRIN PNM Police Police investigating police investigations politics PORT OF SPAIN power 102 Prime Prime Minister Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar Radio Vision LTD San Fernando THA Tobago trinidad trinidad and tobago trinidad and tobago news trinidad and tobago police service ttps UNC united national congress WASA world news