If the Government refuses to remove corrupt influences in their midst then they are just as guilty as those they choose to protect.
Former Attorney General Ramesh Lawrence Maharaj made the comments at a press conference held yesterday.
Referring to Mark’s prevention of a Member of Parliament from moving a motion of censure against the Minister, Maharaj said that what the Speaker did was not an ordinary error.
He described it as a grave injustice to the people of Chaguanas West and to the country as a whole.
He said that the Government and the Prime Minister has a responsibility to act decisively in the situation.
He has called for the removal of House Speaker Wade Mark and Attorney General Anand Ramlogan.
Last Friday, Chaguanas West MP Jack Warner abruptly ended his presentation in Parliament after he was told by Mark he would not be able to raise an issue because it was not part of the motion of censure brought against Finance Minister Larry Howai.
Mark told Parliament he had been informed by the Judiciary of a matter involving Howai which was before the court and, therefore, debate on the motion was sub judice.
Maharaj has also called for a full investigation into the matter.
Former Attorney General Ramesh Lawrence Maharaj.
- Chinese national and business owner robbed and shot dead
- Islamic Front President says social distress fuelling crime spree in T&T
- The Congress of the People (COP) is not dead
- Opposition determined to set record straight on Friday’s Parliament walkout
- Temporary traffic disruption at Camden Road, Couva
- A community is in shock as double homicide rocks Malabar
- Former Tourism Minister says Bourdain documentary may work in T&T’s favour
- ODPM says T&T is equipped to handle a natural disaster
- Opposition seeks to clears the air on Friday’s Parliament walkout
- POS Mayor says he is not aware of calls for Christopher Columbus statue to be removed
- The Chinese community here in Trinidad has counted another loss as one of its members was shot to death on Tuesday night. Yana Zeng, the owner of N&N Mini Mart, was
- There remains a lack of focus and attention on the elements of social distress plaguing communities in Trinidad and Tobago. This, according to one Islamic Leader, is at
Popular TagsAnand Ramlogan caribbean news Chaguanas West By-Election COP crime crime news Dr. Keith Rowley Gary Griffith Government Jack Warner Kamla Persad Bissessar Keith Rowley Laventille Ministry Murder news News Power Now oilfield workers Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley Parliament PETROTRIN PNM Police Police investigating police investigations politics PORT OF SPAIN power 102 Prime Prime Minister Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar Radio Vision LTD San Fernando THA Tobago trinidad trinidad and tobago trinidad and tobago news trinidad and tobago police service ttps UNC united national congress WASA Watson Duke world news