If the Government refuses to remove corrupt influences in their midst then they are just as guilty as those they choose to protect.
Former Attorney General Ramesh Lawrence Maharaj made the comments at a press conference held yesterday.
Referring to Mark’s prevention of a Member of Parliament from moving a motion of censure against the Minister, Maharaj said that what the Speaker did was not an ordinary error.
He described it as a grave injustice to the people of Chaguanas West and to the country as a whole.
He said that the Government and the Prime Minister has a responsibility to act decisively in the situation.
He has called for the removal of House Speaker Wade Mark and Attorney General Anand Ramlogan.
Last Friday, Chaguanas West MP Jack Warner abruptly ended his presentation in Parliament after he was told by Mark he would not be able to raise an issue because it was not part of the motion of censure brought against Finance Minister Larry Howai.
Mark told Parliament he had been informed by the Judiciary of a matter involving Howai which was before the court and, therefore, debate on the motion was sub judice.
Maharaj has also called for a full investigation into the matter.
Former Attorney General Ramesh Lawrence Maharaj.
- Opposition Leader Says Government Should Be Doing More. Tours Areas Affected by Severe Flooding.
- RC Archbishop Speaks Out. Social Media Violence Involving Youths, Sounds Alarm.
- Areas of Sangre Grande Feel The Brunt of Inclement Weather. Livestock, Appliances, Crops Damaged.
- Members Club Association To Meet with Ministry of Finance Official on The Way Forward.
- Wild Meat Seizure from Meat Peddlers Triggers Health Concerns. Minister Speaks Out.
- Crime Report Delivered. NOW WHAT? Criminologist Urges Action and Enforcement.
- Over 40? No Problem. T&T Designer, Afiya’s Got The Perfect Advice to Boost Your Confidence Using Fashion.
- Port-of-Spain Welcomes New Catholic Archbishop, Hailing from Barbados.
- Soca Mom and Wife, Fay-Ann Lyons Enters Mas Arena. Delivers Atlanta for C2K18.
- Charged Defense Force Soldiers Spend Divali Behind Bars. Bail Likely Tomorrow.
- Opposition Leader, Kamla Persad Bissessar today toured areas affected by flooding. She met with residents and spoke with reporters on the situation. In a statement to the
- Archbishop Joseph Harris. Roman Catholic Archbishop Joseph Harris expresses concern about challenges in the education system. He cited violence and indiscipline in school
Popular TagsACCIDENT Anand Ramlogan caribbean news Chaguanas West By-Election COP crime crime news Dr. Keith Rowley Gary Griffith Government Jack Warner Kamla Persad Bissessar Keith Rowley Laventille Murder news News Power Now Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley Parliament PETROTRIN PNM Police Police investigating police investigations politics PORT OF SPAIN power 102 Prime Prime Minister Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar protest Radio Vision LTD San Fernando THA Tobago trinidad trinidad and tobago trinidad and tobago news trinidad and tobago police service ttps UNC united national congress WASA Watson Duke world news