If the Government refuses to remove corrupt influences in their midst then they are just as guilty as those they choose to protect.
Former Attorney General Ramesh Lawrence Maharaj made the comments at a press conference held yesterday.
Referring to Mark’s prevention of a Member of Parliament from moving a motion of censure against the Minister, Maharaj said that what the Speaker did was not an ordinary error.
He described it as a grave injustice to the people of Chaguanas West and to the country as a whole.
He said that the Government and the Prime Minister has a responsibility to act decisively in the situation.
He has called for the removal of House Speaker Wade Mark and Attorney General Anand Ramlogan.
Last Friday, Chaguanas West MP Jack Warner abruptly ended his presentation in Parliament after he was told by Mark he would not be able to raise an issue because it was not part of the motion of censure brought against Finance Minister Larry Howai.
Mark told Parliament he had been informed by the Judiciary of a matter involving Howai which was before the court and, therefore, debate on the motion was sub judice.
Maharaj has also called for a full investigation into the matter.
Former Attorney General Ramesh Lawrence Maharaj.
- Intensified Corporation for Regional Security Discussed by Heads, in Recent Meeting on Crime.
- West Indies target 470 deficit in pink-ball Test against England
- Vincent Cabrera Tells GML Workers To Band Together and Demand Job Security after 31 More Are Dismissed.
- Active Hurricane Season It Is. More Active Than Previous Seasons, Says MET Head.
- A Must See. Ladies, Call Up Your Girlfriends. We’re Heading Out!
- IT’S FRIDAY!!!! Want A Cocktail? Here’s What You Need.
- NOTE: Caribbean Airlines Reschedules Flights
- 12-Year-Old Charged with Manslaughter. His 18- Year- Old Brother Is Charged With Murder.
- Concerns Raised Over Conditions at Blind Welfare Office in San Fernando
- Government Heads To Court on Ayers-Caesars’ Part Heard Matters.
- Intensifying cooperation regarding regional security was the focus of discussions on Friday morning when the Minister of National Security Major General (Ret’d) the Ho
- Keiron Pollard Second day of the fifth ever day-night pink-ball match in Test cricket history closed with West Indies on 44 for the loss of opener Kraigg Braithwaite for
Popular TagsAnand Ramlogan caribbean news Chaguanas West By-Election COP crime crime news Dr. Keith Rowley Gary Griffith Government Jack Warner Kamla Persad Bissessar Keith Rowley Laventille Ministry Murder news News Power Now oilfield workers Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley Parliament PETROTRIN PNM Police Police investigating police investigations politics PORT OF SPAIN power 102 Prime Prime Minister Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar Radio Vision LTD San Fernando THA Tobago trinidad trinidad and tobago trinidad and tobago news trinidad and tobago police service ttps UNC united national congress WASA Watson Duke world news