The Constitution of Trinidad and Tobago provides that the three fifths majority can be amended.
This is according to former Minister of Works and Transport and Attorney Fitzgerald Hinds.
Minister Hinds revealed this morning that the Constitution itself allows for its own changing according to the needs an evolving society.
Speaking on Good Morning T&T today the Minister said that special conditions would have to be met before this can occur.
He said when a Bill is taken to parliament that requires a special majority one would expect everyone in the House to take off their political hat and vote based on logic, common sense and good law.
He said that Dr. Roodal Moonilal speaking in the Parliament on behalf of the Opposition Leader and his team informed the PNM that they would not be supporting any Bill that was brought to the Parliament that required a specified majority.
He said that this left the PNM with few options.
Former Minister of Works and Transport and Attorney Fitzgerald Hinds.
- Carnival Results 2017
- St Vincent born calypsonian Lornette “Fya Empress” fires back at TUCO
- In spite of the long career Calypso Rose has no plans to bow out of the musical arena
- Football away focus while horse racing is all at home – today
- Bravo has tweet and cricketing future in his hands, regional boss says
- US Muslim community campaigns to repair Jewish cemetery
- Former National Security Minister says Government must properly communicate the truth to US President Donald Trump
- Tourism Minister says she is expecting a bumper Carnival season 2017
- Calypsonian Lady Gypsy’s fate for a spot in the Calypso Monarch is still uncertain
- President of the Route Two Maxi Taxi Association calls for more security at City Gate after Carnival fetes
Popular TagsACCIDENT Anand Ramlogan caribbean news Chaguanas West By-Election COP crime crime news Dr. Keith Rowley Gary Griffith Government Jack Warner Kamla Persad Bissessar Keith Rowley Laventille Ministry Murder news News Power Now oilfield workers Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley Parliament PETROTRIN PNM Police Police investigating police investigations politics PORT OF SPAIN power 102 Prime Prime Minister Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar Radio Vision LTD San Fernando THA Tobago trinidad trinidad and tobago trinidad and tobago news trinidad and tobago police service ttps UNC united national congress WASA world news