The Constitution of Trinidad and Tobago provides that the three fifths majority can be amended.
This is according to former Minister of Works and Transport and Attorney Fitzgerald Hinds.
Minister Hinds revealed this morning that the Constitution itself allows for its own changing according to the needs an evolving society.
Speaking on Good Morning T&T today the Minister said that special conditions would have to be met before this can occur.
He said when a Bill is taken to parliament that requires a special majority one would expect everyone in the House to take off their political hat and vote based on logic, common sense and good law.
He said that Dr. Roodal Moonilal speaking in the Parliament on behalf of the Opposition Leader and his team informed the PNM that they would not be supporting any Bill that was brought to the Parliament that required a specified majority.
He said that this left the PNM with few options.
Former Minister of Works and Transport and Attorney Fitzgerald Hinds.
- Property Tax remains a topic of discontent says MP for St. Augustine Prakash Ramadar
- Questions arise on what plans are in place should unrest in Venezuela country affect T&T
- The Opposition says they will continue in non support of the implementation of the Property Tax
- A smooth re-opening of the new school term is the assessment being given by the Ministry of Education
- Why name a stand at Brian Lara Stadium after Sachin Tendulkar
- TT fall out top three in world relays
- TT women, windies men look to save face in respective cricket clashes today
- Likewise, the proposed implementation of the Property Tax ….
- The Government’s announcement about the new chancellor of the University of the West Indies continues to draw fire from the Opposition
- Former Tertiary Education Minister, Fazal Karim Says Minister Anthony Garcia Has Embarrassed the Nation
- Member of Parliament for St. Augustine, Prakash Ramadhar A meeting held by Member of Parliament for St. Augustine, Prakash Ramadhar, on Tuesday has revealed, some level o
- former head of the National Operations Centre, Commander Garvin Heerah The volatile situation that presently exists in neighboring Venezuela will ultimately have a bigger
Popular TagsACCIDENT Anand Ramlogan caribbean news Chaguanas West By-Election COP crime crime news Dr. Keith Rowley Gary Griffith Government Jack Warner Kamla Persad Bissessar Keith Rowley Laventille Ministry Murder news News Power Now oilfield workers Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley Parliament PETROTRIN PNM Police Police investigating police investigations politics PORT OF SPAIN power 102 Prime Prime Minister Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar Radio Vision LTD San Fernando THA Tobago trinidad trinidad and tobago trinidad and tobago news trinidad and tobago police service ttps UNC united national congress WASA world news