The Tourism Minister, Shamfa Cudjoe is being called to task within several quarters over her recent announcement that the Tourism Development Company will be dissolved. Last week, the Minister said steps are being taken to develop a regulatory authority which will set basic standards for all tourism operators, noting that Tobago’s THA would have full autonomy to market their destination.
Yesterday, former Tourism Minister under the People’s Partnership Government, Stephen Cadiz, questioned the plan, seeking further clarification on the move to have separate bodies created for the promotion of each island.
Mr. Cadiz said Minister Cudjoe has given no clear explanation of what is really going to take place.
The former minister said this country has not looked at Tourism as an industry, but rather, a pastime. He reminded the population that annually, 1 billion people travel around the world, generating income to countries who are prepared to invite and welcome them.
- Property Tax remains a topic of discontent says MP for St. Augustine Prakash Ramadar
- Questions arise on what plans are in place should unrest in Venezuela country affect T&T
- The Opposition says they will continue in non support of the implementation of the Property Tax
- A smooth re-opening of the new school term is the assessment being given by the Ministry of Education
- Why name a stand at Brian Lara Stadium after Sachin Tendulkar
- TT fall out top three in world relays
- TT women, windies men look to save face in respective cricket clashes today
- Likewise, the proposed implementation of the Property Tax ….
- The Government’s announcement about the new chancellor of the University of the West Indies continues to draw fire from the Opposition
- Former Tertiary Education Minister, Fazal Karim Says Minister Anthony Garcia Has Embarrassed the Nation
- Member of Parliament for St. Augustine, Prakash Ramadhar A meeting held by Member of Parliament for St. Augustine, Prakash Ramadhar, on Tuesday has revealed, some level o
- former head of the National Operations Centre, Commander Garvin Heerah The volatile situation that presently exists in neighboring Venezuela will ultimately have a bigger
Popular TagsACCIDENT Anand Ramlogan caribbean news Chaguanas West By-Election COP crime crime news Dr. Keith Rowley Gary Griffith Government Jack Warner Kamla Persad Bissessar Keith Rowley Laventille Ministry Murder news News Power Now oilfield workers Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley Parliament PETROTRIN PNM Police Police investigating police investigations politics PORT OF SPAIN power 102 Prime Prime Minister Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar Radio Vision LTD San Fernando THA Tobago trinidad trinidad and tobago trinidad and tobago news trinidad and tobago police service ttps UNC united national congress WASA world news