The Tourism Minister, Shamfa Cudjoe is being called to task within several quarters over her recent announcement that the Tourism Development Company will be dissolved. Last week, the Minister said steps are being taken to develop a regulatory authority which will set basic standards for all tourism operators, noting that Tobago’s THA would have full autonomy to market their destination.
Yesterday, former Tourism Minister under the People’s Partnership Government, Stephen Cadiz, questioned the plan, seeking further clarification on the move to have separate bodies created for the promotion of each island.
Mr. Cadiz said Minister Cudjoe has given no clear explanation of what is really going to take place.
The former minister said this country has not looked at Tourism as an industry, but rather, a pastime. He reminded the population that annually, 1 billion people travel around the world, generating income to countries who are prepared to invite and welcome them.
- Illegal vending in Arima being tackled
- OWTU says no to job cuts in economic hardship
- Search continues for missing man at sea
- Contractors Association reports better days
- Tobago prices reportedly increasing following transport woes
- Businessman’s murder raises discussions on accessing licensed firearms
- Truckers & Traders Association President says sea bridge crisis needs Gov’t intervention
- Fiery protests as Morvant residents cry neglect
- National Security Minister says Life Sport responsible for crime fighting challenges today
- Sea transport issues continue, PM says sorry
Popular TagsACCIDENT Anand Ramlogan caribbean news Chaguanas West By-Election COP crime crime news Dr. Keith Rowley Gary Griffith Government Jack Warner Kamla Persad Bissessar Keith Rowley Laventille Ministry Murder news News Power Now oilfield workers Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley Parliament PETROTRIN PNM Police Police investigating police investigations politics PORT OF SPAIN power 102 Prime Prime Minister Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar Radio Vision LTD San Fernando THA Tobago trinidad trinidad and tobago trinidad and tobago news trinidad and tobago police service ttps UNC united national congress WASA world news