The Tourism Minister, Shamfa Cudjoe is being called to task within several quarters over her recent announcement that the Tourism Development Company will be dissolved. Last week, the Minister said steps are being taken to develop a regulatory authority which will set basic standards for all tourism operators, noting that Tobago’s THA would have full autonomy to market their destination.
Yesterday, former Tourism Minister under the People’s Partnership Government, Stephen Cadiz, questioned the plan, seeking further clarification on the move to have separate bodies created for the promotion of each island.
Mr. Cadiz said Minister Cudjoe has given no clear explanation of what is really going to take place.
The former minister said this country has not looked at Tourism as an industry, but rather, a pastime. He reminded the population that annually, 1 billion people travel around the world, generating income to countries who are prepared to invite and welcome them.
- Trinbago Knight Riders in clash of Top Two in CPL T20 in St Kitts
- Woodbrook Residents Successfully Challenge POS City Cooperation in Court
- Prime Minister Rowley Not Opposed to Meeting with Trade Unions Tomorrow.
- Corruption at Port Authority Will be Addressed. Springboard Effort for Other Agencies Like WASA.
- Port Authority Announces Delayed Sailings.
- Hiker Found Dead After 3 Day Search.
- Baby’s Body Discovered at Beetham Landfill.
- Police Officer Shot in Morvant by Gunmen Hiding In Bushes.
- PM Says Ferry Acquisition Docs Forwarded to AG. Admits Something Isn’t Right.
- Sea Bridge Uncertainty Prompts Major Concerns. The Prime Minster is Called on To Answer.
- Woodbrook residents were ticketed for garbage placement outside their residences. The impasse between Woodbrook residents and the Port- of -Spain City Corporation over re
- Prime Minister, Dr. Keith Rowley, says he is willing to meet representatives of the labour movement tomorrow for discussions. On August 4th following their mass march an
Popular TagsAnand Ramlogan caribbean news Chaguanas West By-Election COP crime crime news Dr. Keith Rowley Gary Griffith Government Jack Warner Kamla Persad Bissessar Keith Rowley Laventille Ministry Murder news News Power Now oilfield workers Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley Parliament PETROTRIN PNM Police Police investigating police investigations politics PORT OF SPAIN power 102 Prime Prime Minister Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar Radio Vision LTD San Fernando THA Tobago trinidad trinidad and tobago trinidad and tobago news trinidad and tobago police service ttps UNC united national congress WASA Watson Duke world news