The Tourism Minister, Shamfa Cudjoe is being called to task within several quarters over her recent announcement that the Tourism Development Company will be dissolved. Last week, the Minister said steps are being taken to develop a regulatory authority which will set basic standards for all tourism operators, noting that Tobago’s THA would have full autonomy to market their destination.
Yesterday, former Tourism Minister under the People’s Partnership Government, Stephen Cadiz, questioned the plan, seeking further clarification on the move to have separate bodies created for the promotion of each island.
Mr. Cadiz said Minister Cudjoe has given no clear explanation of what is really going to take place.
The former minister said this country has not looked at Tourism as an industry, but rather, a pastime. He reminded the population that annually, 1 billion people travel around the world, generating income to countries who are prepared to invite and welcome them.
- Attorney Ramesh Lawrence Maharaj criticises disciplinary action against John Jeremie by Gov’t
- Lifeguards raise concerns on working conditions
- OWTU takes to Sangre-Grande in lead up to August 4th’s major march
- Ayers-Caesar initiates legal action against JLSC
- Supplementary funds requested by Guyana’s Finance Minister following prison fire
- Ministry of Education to ensure retired educational professionals receive benefits in 3 months time
- Duke accuses Transport Minister of telling untruths
- Cabo star set to make its trial run
- Fish vendors call on San Fernando MP Faris-Al-Rawi to intervene and address their issues
- IWRN appeals to parents and guardians to ensure the safety of their children
- Former Attorney-General Ramesh Lawrence Maharaj is criticising what he says is an attack to the rule of law, as it pertains to a move by the Government to initiate disci
- Life Guards are voicing concern about what they described as the poor condition of the towers built for them at the popular Maracas and Las Cuevas beaches. The ma
Popular TagsAnand Ramlogan caribbean news Chaguanas West By-Election COP crime crime news Dr. Keith Rowley Gary Griffith Government Jack Warner Kamla Persad Bissessar Keith Rowley Laventille Ministry Murder news News Power Now oilfield workers Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley Parliament PETROTRIN PNM Police Police investigating police investigations politics PORT OF SPAIN power 102 Prime Prime Minister Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar Radio Vision LTD San Fernando THA Tobago trinidad trinidad and tobago trinidad and tobago news trinidad and tobago police service ttps UNC united national congress WASA Watson Duke world news