Gary Griffith is now this country’s National Security Minister. He has replaced Emanuel George who now heads the Ministry of Justice, which had been held by Christlyn Moore.
Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar announced the highly speculated cabinet reshuffle on Thursday afternoon during the weekly post cabinet media briefing held at the Diplomatic Centre in St. Ann’s.
The Prime Minister also revealed that Jamal Mohammed’s portfolio as Minister of Communications has been handed over to Mr. Gerald Hadeed who will also be appointed a senator.
In an immediate response to this afternoon’s announcement by the Prime Minister, ILP Interim leader, Jack Warner described the configuration as a day of mourning for this country.
He also expressed shock over the appointment of Garry Griffith as the new minister of National Security and added that the government is still controlled by what he termed, a cabal.
Among the configurations made in the cabinet reshuffle are:
– Stephen Cadiz- Minister of Transport
– Chandresh Sharma- Minister of Tourism
– Marlene Coudray – Minister of Local Government
– Dr. Suruj Rambachan- Minister of Works and Infrastructure
– Roger Samuel- Minister of National Diversity and Social Integration