A tough task ahead. This is how former National Security Minister, Gary Griffith, describes the way forward for his successor, former Brigadier General Carl Alfonso.
Mr. Griffith is one of several ministers who were axed from the cabinet in an address to the nation by Prime Minister, Kamla Persad Bissessar, at the Diplomatic Center, St. Ann’s on Monday night.
Speaking on Power 102.1 FM during a special programme hosted by veteran journalist, Tony Fraser, on Wednesday afternoon, Mr. Griffith admitted that the portfolio of Minister of National Security is a demanding and challenging one.
He said it usually takes a while for a minister to settle into his portfolio and with this being an election year there is even added pressure.
Former National Security Minister, Gary Griffith
- Former Housing Minister questions whether the Housing Development Corporation has any plans of assisting those families it has evicted
- Wade Mark accuses the government of raiding the Heritage and Stabilization Fund
- Body of man found in waters near Hyatt, identified as Tobago native
- The Communication Workers Union says they are not accepting an apology from the Tourism Minister in light of the dismal of TDC workers
- Property Owners be aware, payment of your property taxes must be made priority, this according an auditing firm
- Law Students at UWI St Augustine are protesting a planned move to the campus in Debe….
- One farmers group says they are supporting the decision by government to close the Caroni Greens limited.
- Member of Parliament for Oropouche East says the Government’s decision to shut down the Community Comfort control was highly inconsiderate
- An economist questions government current borrowing, saying it has been deemed “reckless”
- Bolt in race with two other fastest
- Former Housing Minister questions whether the Housing Development Corporation has any plans of assisting those families it has evictedformer Housing Minister Dr Roodal Moonilal Former Housing Minister Dr Roodal Moonilal is questioning whether the Housing Development Corporation has any plans of assistin
- Opposition Senator, Wade Mark Government’s decision last Thursday to make a second withdrawal from the Heritage and Stabilization Fund was described by Opposition Senat
Popular TagsACCIDENT Anand Ramlogan caribbean news Chaguanas West By-Election COP crime crime news Dr. Keith Rowley Gary Griffith Government Jack Warner Kamla Persad Bissessar Keith Rowley Laventille Ministry Murder news News Power Now oilfield workers Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley Parliament PETROTRIN PNM Police Police investigating police investigations politics PORT OF SPAIN power 102 Prime Prime Minister Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar Radio Vision LTD San Fernando THA Tobago trinidad trinidad and tobago trinidad and tobago news trinidad and tobago police service ttps UNC united national congress WASA world news