Security forces have been placed on heightened alert in light of rampant murders.
Despite this there has been no letup in murders and lawlessness presently gripping the country.
The murder rate has risen to 14 just seven days into the new year.
Former National Security Minister and ILP Leader Jack Warner in an interview with News Power Now this morning acknowledged that the high murder rate is cause for alarm.
He revealed that to effectively deal with crime, everyone needed to be involved.
Mr. Warner divulged that unless there was a collective effort to fight crime, the situation would worsen.
National Security Minister Gary Griffith has maintained that serious crime is the lowest it has been in 31 years.
He thanked the Police Service and the Defence Force for working hard to get serious crime down.
Griffith revealed that they broke the record in 2013.
According to him, last year there were 12,000 serious crimes compared to 2009’s figure of 22,000 serious crimes.
The Minister explained that serious crime referred to homicides, rapes, kidnappings and armed robbery.
However Warner disclosed that he was not impressed with those statistics.
Former National Security Minister and ILP Leader Jack Warner
- Property Tax remains a topic of discontent says MP for St. Augustine Prakash Ramadar
- Questions arise on what plans are in place should unrest in Venezuela country affect T&T
- The Opposition says they will continue in non support of the implementation of the Property Tax
- A smooth re-opening of the new school term is the assessment being given by the Ministry of Education
- Why name a stand at Brian Lara Stadium after Sachin Tendulkar
- TT fall out top three in world relays
- TT women, windies men look to save face in respective cricket clashes today
- Likewise, the proposed implementation of the Property Tax ….
- The Government’s announcement about the new chancellor of the University of the West Indies continues to draw fire from the Opposition
- Former Tertiary Education Minister, Fazal Karim Says Minister Anthony Garcia Has Embarrassed the Nation
- Member of Parliament for St. Augustine, Prakash Ramadhar A meeting held by Member of Parliament for St. Augustine, Prakash Ramadhar, on Tuesday has revealed, some level o
- former head of the National Operations Centre, Commander Garvin Heerah The volatile situation that presently exists in neighboring Venezuela will ultimately have a bigger
Popular TagsACCIDENT Anand Ramlogan caribbean news Chaguanas West By-Election COP crime crime news Dr. Keith Rowley Gary Griffith Government Jack Warner Kamla Persad Bissessar Keith Rowley Laventille Ministry Murder news News Power Now oilfield workers Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley Parliament PETROTRIN PNM Police Police investigating police investigations politics PORT OF SPAIN power 102 Prime Prime Minister Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar Radio Vision LTD San Fernando THA Tobago trinidad trinidad and tobago trinidad and tobago news trinidad and tobago police service ttps UNC united national congress WASA world news