It’s a question that has been frequently asked within the last few months, and especially after Monday’s Chaguanas West Bye-election, in which Mr. Warner received 12,642 votes, making history as the first candidate in this country, to contest and win a constituency bye-election against his own party.
Mr. Warner won the election under his recently formed Independent Liberal Party.
His former United National Congress party, with candidate Khadijah Ameen, received 5,126 votes.
422 votes went to Avinash Singh of the People’s National Movement.
11 votes went to Kirk Meighoo of the Democratic National Assembly.
11 also went to Oliver Norman of the National Coalition for Transformation.
Mr. Warner says he intends to build his new party to ensure that all of Trinidad and Tobago is touched by the Independent Liberal Party.
He said he was not surprised by his resounding victory at the polls, as his track record of service to the people of Chaguanas West speaks for itself.
Although he related that he could not understand why over 5000 people overlooked his representation.
- Miller grinds TT Red Force to defeat yet again in regional cricket clash
- TT Hockey men fire past Swiss in World League action in Tacarigua
- There is concern over what has been described as fear by residents in the Enterprise area
- Prison authorities are today ensuring the public that all is being done to maintain law and order in the prisons
- Reports that residents in Enterprise are afraid to leave their homes surface this morning
- TT cricket and football teams looking to bite the bug of defeat
- TT’s Dylan Carter brilliant in USA’s Collegiate Swimming Championships
- Court rules against TTFA in broadcast rights issue
- Former Senator and Founding Member of the Alliance of Independents is today saying that while there are a number of factors that contribute to criminal violence it starts at schools
- Former Head of the Police Central Division Senior Superintendent Johnny Abraham says protocols must be followed by the TTPS when a missing persons report is made
- Enterprise gang leader Selwyn “Robocop” Alexis There is concern over what has been described as fear by residents in the Enterprise area after shootings that occurred
- Prison authorities are today ensuring the public that all is being done to maintain law and order in the prisonsThis follows a stabbing incident that occurred on Saturday at a Maximum Security Prison in Arouca. An altercation between two remanded inmates during an airing exercise a
Popular TagsACCIDENT Anand Ramlogan caribbean news Chaguanas West By-Election COP crime crime news Dr. Keith Rowley Gary Griffith Government Jack Warner Kamla Persad Bissessar Keith Rowley Laventille Ministry Murder news News Power Now oilfield workers Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley Parliament PETROTRIN PNM Police Police investigating police investigations politics PORT OF SPAIN power 102 Prime Prime Minister Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar Radio Vision LTD San Fernando THA Tobago trinidad trinidad and tobago trinidad and tobago news trinidad and tobago police service ttps UNC united national congress WASA world news