It’s a question that has been frequently asked within the last few months, and especially after Monday’s Chaguanas West Bye-election, in which Mr. Warner received 12,642 votes, making history as the first candidate in this country, to contest and win a constituency bye-election against his own party.
Mr. Warner won the election under his recently formed Independent Liberal Party.
His former United National Congress party, with candidate Khadijah Ameen, received 5,126 votes.
422 votes went to Avinash Singh of the People’s National Movement.
11 votes went to Kirk Meighoo of the Democratic National Assembly.
11 also went to Oliver Norman of the National Coalition for Transformation.
Mr. Warner says he intends to build his new party to ensure that all of Trinidad and Tobago is touched by the Independent Liberal Party.
He said he was not surprised by his resounding victory at the polls, as his track record of service to the people of Chaguanas West speaks for itself.
Although he related that he could not understand why over 5000 people overlooked his representation.
- FULL Interview with Gary Griffith
- Anil Roberts dismisses hotel room video allegations against him as bacchanal
- Met office dispels rumours of tropical storm threat for T&T
- Gov’t promises clean up action in South and Central following storm passage
- $25mill relief fund established following Tropical Storm Bret
- POS General Hospital workers protest food supply and equipment shortage
- POS General Hospital staff protest poor working conditions and lack of food in kitchen area
- South clean up continues following severe flooding
- The Anil Roberts Interview -The Pursuit of Truth
- Food price hike and poorer quality produce is unavoidable following Tropical Storm
- Following the highly anticipated Interview yesterday with former Minister of Sports Anil Roberts, The Power Breakfast Crew wanted to get some additional answers from anot
- Anil Roberts being Interviewed by Tony Fraser In our continuing coverage of today’s explosive interview with former Sports Minister Anil Roberts, he continued today to
Popular TagsAnand Ramlogan caribbean news Chaguanas West By-Election COP crime crime news Dr. Keith Rowley Gary Griffith Government Jack Warner Kamla Persad Bissessar Keith Rowley Laventille Ministry Murder news News Power Now oilfield workers Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley Parliament PETROTRIN PNM Police Police investigating police investigations politics PORT OF SPAIN power 102 Prime Prime Minister Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar Radio Vision LTD San Fernando THA Tobago trinidad trinidad and tobago trinidad and tobago news trinidad and tobago police service ttps UNC united national congress WASA Watson Duke world news