Intensifying cooperation regarding regional security was the focus of discussions on Friday morning when the Minister of National Security Major General (Ret’d) the Honourable Edmund Dillon received a courtesy call from His Excellency Arend Biesebroek, Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary and Head of the Delegation of the European Union to the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago.
Minister Dillon spoke on Trinidad and Tobago’s continued counter terrorism stance, noting that legislative amendments to the Anti-Terrorism Act which has led to the development of a draft National Counter Terrorism Strategy and this country’s hosting of CARICOM’s recent Counter Terrorism Strategy.
Minister advised that the increasing global terrorism risks require all countries to be better prepared to treat with the issue. His Excellency Biesebroek affirmed support to share expertise in anti-terrorism strategies, including how to treat with returning fighters.
Minister Dillon welcomed the opportunity presented by His Excellency Biesebroek to collaborate with the European Union on new projects which aim to strengthen the level of security of Trinidad and Tobago and CARICOM member countries in the areas of counter terrorism, cyber security and citizen security.
Both parties reiterated their commitment to continue working together to strengthen the security of Trinidad and Tobago and the entire Caribbean region.
- T&T Nationals Are Saying WHAT? Here Are a Few Facts About Dominica…
- Dominicans Welcome to Stay 6 Months in T&T, Says PM Rowley.
- Stephen Cadiz – Former Transport Minister says Ocean Flower 2 Presence Locally, an Embarrassment.
- 15 Dead, 20 Missing As Reality Sets In Following Maria’s Passage in Dominica.
- Children Trapped Under Mexico Rubble. Time Running Out.
- Desal Plant Shut Down Scheduled for Next Week. WASA Says Everyone Will Be Affected.
- No. The Ocean Flower 2 Is Not Operational on T&T’s Sea bridge. It’s DryDocked says Ministry.
- BE EARTHQUAKE READY: Here’s How You Can Survive An Earthquake.
- Dead Shop Keeper’s Son Said She Was Very Concerned About Crime Surge In The Area.
- Off Duty Cop Shoots Bandits. One Dead, The Other Wounded.
- Dominica has been devastated by the effects of the recent passage of Hurricane Maria. Trinidad and tobago’s Prime Minister, Dr. Keith Rowley has extended a helping
- This country is opening its arms to residents of Dominica who’ve been affected after the catastrophic Hurricane Maria made landfall earlier this week, ravaging the
Popular TagsACCIDENT Anand Ramlogan caribbean news Chaguanas West By-Election COP crime crime news Dr. Keith Rowley Gary Griffith Government Jack Warner Kamla Persad Bissessar Keith Rowley Laventille Ministry Murder news News Power Now Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley Parliament PETROTRIN PNM Police Police investigating police investigations politics PORT OF SPAIN power 102 Prime Prime Minister Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar Radio Vision LTD San Fernando THA Tobago trinidad trinidad and tobago trinidad and tobago news trinidad and tobago police service ttps UNC united national congress WASA Watson Duke world news