Investigations revealed that the source of the hydrocarbon contamination, of the Caroni Water Treatment Plant on February 24th, did not continuously release the substance into the river.The Environmental Management Authority in an update on the matter this afternoon said, the riverside vegetation and mouths of drains emptying into the river, did not display any visible evidence of contamination.
However, the EMA added that it will continue its investigations and is urging the public to come forward,with any information on suspected illegal dumping of waste which may have led to this event.
EMA said following its initial media statement on February 25th.The Emergency Response and Investigations (ERI) team continued conducting multiple water quality tests, to ascertain the level of hydrocarbon within the Plant, as well as at the water intake from the Caroni River and along the Caroni River.It added that hydrocarbon tests were also conducted at several schools in the Caroni District and the ERI advised the Water and Sewerage Authority (WASA), to clean any affected water storage infrastructure and replace contaminated water with potable water.
- Chinese national and business owner robbed and shot dead
- Islamic Front President says social distress fuelling crime spree in T&T
- The Congress of the People (COP) is not dead
- Opposition determined to set record straight on Friday’s Parliament walkout
- Temporary traffic disruption at Camden Road, Couva
- A community is in shock as double homicide rocks Malabar
- Former Tourism Minister says Bourdain documentary may work in T&T’s favour
- ODPM says T&T is equipped to handle a natural disaster
- Opposition seeks to clears the air on Friday’s Parliament walkout
- POS Mayor says he is not aware of calls for Christopher Columbus statue to be removed
- The Chinese community here in Trinidad has counted another loss as one of its members was shot to death on Tuesday night. Yana Zeng, the owner of N&N Mini Mart, was
- There remains a lack of focus and attention on the elements of social distress plaguing communities in Trinidad and Tobago. This, according to one Islamic Leader, is at
Popular TagsAnand Ramlogan caribbean news Chaguanas West By-Election COP crime crime news Dr. Keith Rowley Gary Griffith Government Jack Warner Kamla Persad Bissessar Keith Rowley Laventille Ministry Murder news News Power Now oilfield workers Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley Parliament PETROTRIN PNM Police Police investigating police investigations politics PORT OF SPAIN power 102 Prime Prime Minister Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar Radio Vision LTD San Fernando THA Tobago trinidad trinidad and tobago trinidad and tobago news trinidad and tobago police service ttps UNC united national congress WASA Watson Duke world news