An investigation has been launched into allegations of sexual misconduct by a cleaning contractor, against a patient of the Eric Williams Medical Sciences Complex.
Chief Executive Officer at the North Central Regional Health Authority, via a media release this afternoon, said that a nurse on duty extracted a report from a female patient which indicated that a staff member of Magic Mist Services Limited allegedly initiated an inappropriate conversation of a sexual nature that made her uncomfortable.
The nurse immediately referred the incident to security personnel, and the contractor was removed from the ward.
The worker has been barred from entering the hospital until the completion of the investigation.
The patient was eventually transferred to the Caura Hospital for medical analysis along with her medical.
The Authority is reaffirming its commitment to the safety and comfort of its patients, and actions have been adopted to quickly mitigate against possible inappropriate behaviour by contractors in the future.
- Prime Minister Dr. Keith Rowley Disappointed in Reaction of Trinbagonians to Offering Assistance to Dominicans.
- “EMPLOYEES ENSLAVED.” Watson Duke Fires Back at the Arima Borough Corporation.
- T&T Does Not Have its Own Building Codes, Explains Urban and Regional Planner.
- TTUTT’s Doodhai Expresses Further Confusion Over SEA Date Change.
- Education Minister Confused by Mixed Signals Over SEA Date Adjustment
- Prime Minister Rowley Adamant, Trinidad and Tobago Must Help its Neighbours.
- INTERNATIONAL NEWS: Mental Outpatient Severs Baby’s Head in Russia. Police Shoot Him Dead.
- UBER’s Application to Renew License Rejected in the UK. Company Expected to Appeal.
- Tobago to the Rescue. All Hands On Deck to Help Caribbean Neighbours Affected by Hurricanes Irma and Maria.
- PM Has No Objection to Ocean Flower 2 Dry Docking in T&T.
- Prime Minister Dr. Keith Rowley Disappointed in Reaction of Trinbagonians to Offering Assistance to Dominicans.Trinidad and Tobago’s Prime Minister, Dr. Keith Rowley today spoke with veteran journalist, Tony Fraser on Power 102.1FM. As the frequency delivered its day-long hu
- Dr. James Armstrong Urban and Regional Planner Dr. James Armstrong says Trinidad and Tobago has building guidelines to ensure that the structures are built to withstand n
Popular TagsACCIDENT Anand Ramlogan caribbean news Chaguanas West By-Election COP crime crime news Dr. Keith Rowley Gary Griffith Government Jack Warner Kamla Persad Bissessar Keith Rowley Laventille Ministry Murder news News Power Now Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley Parliament PETROTRIN PNM Police Police investigating police investigations politics PORT OF SPAIN power 102 Prime Prime Minister Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar Radio Vision LTD San Fernando THA Tobago trinidad trinidad and tobago trinidad and tobago news trinidad and tobago police service ttps UNC united national congress WASA Watson Duke world news