62 year old mother of five Joycelyn Taylor, was laid to rest in a cemetery behind the Holy Cross RC Church in Santa Cruz on Saturday.
The church itself was not big enough to contain the scores of mourners who went to celebrate Taylor’s life and bid their farewell.
Fr Benedict Hilaire, the officiating priest, used the service to lament the nation’s almost daily traffic situation, saying the number of vehicles on Trinidad and Tobago’s roadways was becoming out of control.
Taylor was killed around 2.30 p.m. on Tuesday while she was driving her Nissan AD Wagon south along Saddle Road, San Juan.
As the car passed a small three-tonne truck, a number of steel rods that had earlier been secured in the tray of the truck fell off, and onto the car’s hood. They then pierced the car’s windshield, killing Taylor instantly.
Media personnel were prevented from entering the church grounds by police on duty, who had been asked by Taylor’s relatives to not allow reporters and photographers inside.
The police explained they could not legally stop the media, but said Taylor’s five sons were unable to cope with anymore intrusion into their lives following the death of their mother.
- Intensified Corporation for Regional Security Discussed by Heads, in Recent Meeting on Crime.
- West Indies target 470 deficit in pink-ball Test against England
- Vincent Cabrera Tells GML Workers To Band Together and Demand Job Security after 31 More Are Dismissed.
- Active Hurricane Season It Is. More Active Than Previous Seasons, Says MET Head.
- A Must See. Ladies, Call Up Your Girlfriends. We’re Heading Out!
- IT’S FRIDAY!!!! Want A Cocktail? Here’s What You Need.
- NOTE: Caribbean Airlines Reschedules Flights
- 12-Year-Old Charged with Manslaughter. His 18- Year- Old Brother Is Charged With Murder.
- Concerns Raised Over Conditions at Blind Welfare Office in San Fernando
- Government Heads To Court on Ayers-Caesars’ Part Heard Matters.
- Intensifying cooperation regarding regional security was the focus of discussions on Friday morning when the Minister of National Security Major General (Ret’d) the Ho
- Keiron Pollard Second day of the fifth ever day-night pink-ball match in Test cricket history closed with West Indies on 44 for the loss of opener Kraigg Braithwaite for
Popular TagsAnand Ramlogan caribbean news Chaguanas West By-Election COP crime crime news Dr. Keith Rowley Gary Griffith Government Jack Warner Kamla Persad Bissessar Keith Rowley Laventille Ministry Murder news News Power Now oilfield workers Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley Parliament PETROTRIN PNM Police Police investigating police investigations politics PORT OF SPAIN power 102 Prime Prime Minister Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar Radio Vision LTD San Fernando THA Tobago trinidad trinidad and tobago trinidad and tobago news trinidad and tobago police service ttps UNC united national congress WASA Watson Duke world news