62 year old mother of five Joycelyn Taylor, was laid to rest in a cemetery behind the Holy Cross RC Church in Santa Cruz on Saturday.
The church itself was not big enough to contain the scores of mourners who went to celebrate Taylor’s life and bid their farewell.
Fr Benedict Hilaire, the officiating priest, used the service to lament the nation’s almost daily traffic situation, saying the number of vehicles on Trinidad and Tobago’s roadways was becoming out of control.
Taylor was killed around 2.30 p.m. on Tuesday while she was driving her Nissan AD Wagon south along Saddle Road, San Juan.
As the car passed a small three-tonne truck, a number of steel rods that had earlier been secured in the tray of the truck fell off, and onto the car’s hood. They then pierced the car’s windshield, killing Taylor instantly.
Media personnel were prevented from entering the church grounds by police on duty, who had been asked by Taylor’s relatives to not allow reporters and photographers inside.
The police explained they could not legally stop the media, but said Taylor’s five sons were unable to cope with anymore intrusion into their lives following the death of their mother.
- Miss Universe T&T, Crowned. Naps Alumni, Port of Spain Resident Ready to Represent.
- Opposition Leader Says Government Should Be Doing More. Tours Areas Affected by Severe Flooding.
- RC Archbishop Speaks Out. Social Media Violence Involving Youths, Sounds Alarm.
- Areas of Sangre Grande Feel The Brunt of Inclement Weather. Livestock, Appliances, Crops Damaged.
- Members Club Association To Meet with Ministry of Finance Official on The Way Forward.
- Wild Meat Seizure from Meat Peddlers Triggers Health Concerns. Minister Speaks Out.
- Crime Report Delivered. NOW WHAT? Criminologist Urges Action and Enforcement.
- Over 40? No Problem. T&T Designer, Afiya’s Got The Perfect Advice to Boost Your Confidence Using Fashion.
- Port-of-Spain Welcomes New Catholic Archbishop, Hailing from Barbados.
- Soca Mom and Wife, Fay-Ann Lyons Enters Mas Arena. Delivers Atlanta for C2K18.
- Last evening, a new queen was crowned in Trinidad and Tobago. Yvonne Clarke, who hails from the city of San Fernando, walked away with the title of Miss Universe Trinidad
- Opposition Leader, Kamla Persad Bissessar today toured areas affected by flooding. She met with residents and spoke with reporters on the situation. In a statement to the
Popular TagsACCIDENT Anand Ramlogan caribbean news Chaguanas West By-Election COP crime crime news Dr. Keith Rowley Gary Griffith Government Jack Warner Kamla Persad Bissessar Keith Rowley Laventille Murder news News Power Now Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley Parliament PETROTRIN PNM Police Police investigating police investigations politics PORT OF SPAIN power 102 Prime Prime Minister Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar protest Radio Vision LTD San Fernando THA Tobago trinidad trinidad and tobago trinidad and tobago news trinidad and tobago police service ttps UNC united national congress WASA Watson Duke world news