Members of the joint trade union movement carried out a silent protest in front of the Port of Spain Hall of Justice from nine this morning.
They claimed the S.O.E. which was called one year ago today crippled citizen’s constitutional rights preventing freedom of expression and movement.
Oilfield Workers Trade Union President General, Ancil Roget, in an interview with reporters said the S.O.E. was aimed at preventing unions from mobilizing and holding public meetings, and shutting down the country over the contentious five percent wage cap used during negotiations.
Mr. Roget said crime continues to be the number one concern in the country and the S.O.E. failed a major dent in this regard.
Mr. Cabrera said the removal of National Security Minister, John Sandy, from office is further evidence of the failure of the SOE…
- Chinese national and business owner robbed and shot dead
- Islamic Front President says social distress fuelling crime spree in T&T
- The Congress of the People (COP) is not dead
- Opposition determined to set record straight on Friday’s Parliament walkout
- Temporary traffic disruption at Camden Road, Couva
- A community is in shock as double homicide rocks Malabar
- Former Tourism Minister says Bourdain documentary may work in T&T’s favour
- ODPM says T&T is equipped to handle a natural disaster
- Opposition seeks to clears the air on Friday’s Parliament walkout
- POS Mayor says he is not aware of calls for Christopher Columbus statue to be removed
- The Chinese community here in Trinidad has counted another loss as one of its members was shot to death on Tuesday night. Yana Zeng, the owner of N&N Mini Mart, was
- There remains a lack of focus and attention on the elements of social distress plaguing communities in Trinidad and Tobago. This, according to one Islamic Leader, is at
Popular TagsAnand Ramlogan caribbean news Chaguanas West By-Election COP crime crime news Dr. Keith Rowley Gary Griffith Government Jack Warner Kamla Persad Bissessar Keith Rowley Laventille Ministry Murder news News Power Now oilfield workers Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley Parliament PETROTRIN PNM Police Police investigating police investigations politics PORT OF SPAIN power 102 Prime Prime Minister Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar Radio Vision LTD San Fernando THA Tobago trinidad trinidad and tobago trinidad and tobago news trinidad and tobago police service ttps UNC united national congress WASA Watson Duke world news