According to a release from the company at approximately 10:00 p.m. on Saturday, personnel from Lease Operators Limited (LOL) were pumping well control mud downhole into Well IPS 537, which is leased to that company under Petrotrin’s Lease Operatorship Programme.
The pump failed, resulting in mud, oil and gas being emitted in and around #9 Road, Santa Flora.
Senior Personnel from Petrotrin’s HSE, Operations and Security departments responded to provide advice and support to LOL’s emergency response efforts.
An Incident Command Team, with LOL personnel as lead, was subsequently established to treat with the incident.
The release further stated that the area was secured to minimize any adverse impact to the environment and the neighboring community.
Two (2) residents living in close proximity to the site were taken for medical attention at Petrotrin’s Santa Flora Medical Centre and were later discharged.
The Ministry of Energy and Energy Affairs, the Environmental Management Authority (EMA), the Occupational Safety and Health Agency (OSHA), the Trinidad and Tobago Police Service and other regulatory agencies were notified and investigations are being conducted.
The well was brought under control today Sunday at around 4:10 p.m.
- Intensified Corporation for Regional Security Discussed by Heads, in Recent Meeting on Crime.
- West Indies target 470 deficit in pink-ball Test against England
- Vincent Cabrera Tells GML Workers To Band Together and Demand Job Security after 31 More Are Dismissed.
- Active Hurricane Season It Is. More Active Than Previous Seasons, Says MET Head.
- A Must See. Ladies, Call Up Your Girlfriends. We’re Heading Out!
- IT’S FRIDAY!!!! Want A Cocktail? Here’s What You Need.
- NOTE: Caribbean Airlines Reschedules Flights
- 12-Year-Old Charged with Manslaughter. His 18- Year- Old Brother Is Charged With Murder.
- Concerns Raised Over Conditions at Blind Welfare Office in San Fernando
- Government Heads To Court on Ayers-Caesars’ Part Heard Matters.
- Intensifying cooperation regarding regional security was the focus of discussions on Friday morning when the Minister of National Security Major General (Ret’d) the Ho
- Keiron Pollard Second day of the fifth ever day-night pink-ball match in Test cricket history closed with West Indies on 44 for the loss of opener Kraigg Braithwaite for
Popular TagsAnand Ramlogan caribbean news Chaguanas West By-Election COP crime crime news Dr. Keith Rowley Gary Griffith Government Jack Warner Kamla Persad Bissessar Keith Rowley Laventille Ministry Murder news News Power Now oilfield workers Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley Parliament PETROTRIN PNM Police Police investigating police investigations politics PORT OF SPAIN power 102 Prime Prime Minister Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar Radio Vision LTD San Fernando THA Tobago trinidad trinidad and tobago trinidad and tobago news trinidad and tobago police service ttps UNC united national congress WASA Watson Duke world news