According to a release from the company at approximately 10:00 p.m. on Saturday, personnel from Lease Operators Limited (LOL) were pumping well control mud downhole into Well IPS 537, which is leased to that company under Petrotrin’s Lease Operatorship Programme.
The pump failed, resulting in mud, oil and gas being emitted in and around #9 Road, Santa Flora.
Senior Personnel from Petrotrin’s HSE, Operations and Security departments responded to provide advice and support to LOL’s emergency response efforts.
An Incident Command Team, with LOL personnel as lead, was subsequently established to treat with the incident.
The release further stated that the area was secured to minimize any adverse impact to the environment and the neighboring community.
Two (2) residents living in close proximity to the site were taken for medical attention at Petrotrin’s Santa Flora Medical Centre and were later discharged.
The Ministry of Energy and Energy Affairs, the Environmental Management Authority (EMA), the Occupational Safety and Health Agency (OSHA), the Trinidad and Tobago Police Service and other regulatory agencies were notified and investigations are being conducted.
The well was brought under control today Sunday at around 4:10 p.m.
- Chinese national and business owner robbed and shot dead
- Islamic Front President says social distress fuelling crime spree in T&T
- The Congress of the People (COP) is not dead
- Opposition determined to set record straight on Friday’s Parliament walkout
- Temporary traffic disruption at Camden Road, Couva
- A community is in shock as double homicide rocks Malabar
- Former Tourism Minister says Bourdain documentary may work in T&T’s favour
- ODPM says T&T is equipped to handle a natural disaster
- Opposition seeks to clears the air on Friday’s Parliament walkout
- POS Mayor says he is not aware of calls for Christopher Columbus statue to be removed
- The Chinese community here in Trinidad has counted another loss as one of its members was shot to death on Tuesday night. Yana Zeng, the owner of N&N Mini Mart, was
- There remains a lack of focus and attention on the elements of social distress plaguing communities in Trinidad and Tobago. This, according to one Islamic Leader, is at
Popular TagsAnand Ramlogan caribbean news Chaguanas West By-Election COP crime crime news Dr. Keith Rowley Gary Griffith Government Jack Warner Kamla Persad Bissessar Keith Rowley Laventille Ministry Murder news News Power Now oilfield workers Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley Parliament PETROTRIN PNM Police Police investigating police investigations politics PORT OF SPAIN power 102 Prime Prime Minister Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar Radio Vision LTD San Fernando THA Tobago trinidad trinidad and tobago trinidad and tobago news trinidad and tobago police service ttps UNC united national congress WASA Watson Duke world news