According to a release from the company at approximately 10:00 p.m. on Saturday, personnel from Lease Operators Limited (LOL) were pumping well control mud downhole into Well IPS 537, which is leased to that company under Petrotrin’s Lease Operatorship Programme.
The pump failed, resulting in mud, oil and gas being emitted in and around #9 Road, Santa Flora.
Senior Personnel from Petrotrin’s HSE, Operations and Security departments responded to provide advice and support to LOL’s emergency response efforts.
An Incident Command Team, with LOL personnel as lead, was subsequently established to treat with the incident.
The release further stated that the area was secured to minimize any adverse impact to the environment and the neighboring community.
Two (2) residents living in close proximity to the site were taken for medical attention at Petrotrin’s Santa Flora Medical Centre and were later discharged.
The Ministry of Energy and Energy Affairs, the Environmental Management Authority (EMA), the Occupational Safety and Health Agency (OSHA), the Trinidad and Tobago Police Service and other regulatory agencies were notified and investigations are being conducted.
The well was brought under control today Sunday at around 4:10 p.m.
- Property Tax remains a topic of discontent says MP for St. Augustine Prakash Ramadar
- Questions arise on what plans are in place should unrest in Venezuela country affect T&T
- The Opposition says they will continue in non support of the implementation of the Property Tax
- A smooth re-opening of the new school term is the assessment being given by the Ministry of Education
- Why name a stand at Brian Lara Stadium after Sachin Tendulkar
- TT fall out top three in world relays
- TT women, windies men look to save face in respective cricket clashes today
- Likewise, the proposed implementation of the Property Tax ….
- The Government’s announcement about the new chancellor of the University of the West Indies continues to draw fire from the Opposition
- Former Tertiary Education Minister, Fazal Karim Says Minister Anthony Garcia Has Embarrassed the Nation
- Member of Parliament for St. Augustine, Prakash Ramadhar A meeting held by Member of Parliament for St. Augustine, Prakash Ramadhar, on Tuesday has revealed, some level o
- former head of the National Operations Centre, Commander Garvin Heerah The volatile situation that presently exists in neighboring Venezuela will ultimately have a bigger
Popular TagsACCIDENT Anand Ramlogan caribbean news Chaguanas West By-Election COP crime crime news Dr. Keith Rowley Gary Griffith Government Jack Warner Kamla Persad Bissessar Keith Rowley Laventille Ministry Murder news News Power Now oilfield workers Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley Parliament PETROTRIN PNM Police Police investigating police investigations politics PORT OF SPAIN power 102 Prime Prime Minister Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar Radio Vision LTD San Fernando THA Tobago trinidad trinidad and tobago trinidad and tobago news trinidad and tobago police service ttps UNC united national congress WASA world news