Nail salons are a thriving business in the Caribbean but it’s important for us to all know what we’re getting ourselves into, when we decide to try and maintain certain styles. From hair care to makeup and even weight loss techniques that are less traditional, it’s important for us to know the pros and cons before we dive head first.
Acryclic nails are a huge fad around the world. There’s no telling where things will go next with this trend in women’s beauty. By no means are we telling you to stop making those nails stand out, but we’d feel much more comfortable if you knew just what could happen if you do decide to maintain acrylic nails for long periods of time.
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW:
1. The hard-to-clean area underneath your nail may cause your nails to be extra sensitive, especially if an MMA-based acrylic (Methyl Methacrylate) is used. Though they’ve been banned for use on nails because of toxicity, some low-end nail salons still it.
2. Acrylics may create inflamed or itchy cuticles if the tools used to apply them are worn out or coarse. Be mindful of those which have sharp odors — this is a sign that something is off.
3. Depending on your nail strength, acrylics may cause a splitting or painful nail plate. Pay close attention to how strong and think your nails are. Extremely thin nails may not be the best for acrylics.
4. It might be hard to spot, but infection below the nail bed can become all too real. This also goes back to overused, worn out nail tools.
5. Pay attention to your nail growth over time. Acrylics often weaken nails, making them prone to breakage.
SOURCE | Aol.com