130 million dollars is being put forward by the government as the final payment to former sugar -cane workers.
Prime Minister, Kamla Persad Bissessar, says consultations were held with the various groups which represent the former sugar employees.
Speaking at the Monday Night Forum held by the United National Congress at Kanhai Presbyterian Primary School, Barrackpore, Mrs Persad Bissessar said the coalition administration awaits a response on the matter from the stake holders involved.
Meanwhile, on another matter the Prime Minister confirmed that the government will lift two year ban on hunting in October which was introduced in 2013.
Prime Minister, Kamla Persad Bissessar
- Miller grinds TT Red Force to defeat yet again in regional cricket clash
- TT Hockey men fire past Swiss in World League action in Tacarigua
- There is concern over what has been described as fear by residents in the Enterprise area
- Prison authorities are today ensuring the public that all is being done to maintain law and order in the prisons
- Reports that residents in Enterprise are afraid to leave their homes surface this morning
- TT cricket and football teams looking to bite the bug of defeat
- TT’s Dylan Carter brilliant in USA’s Collegiate Swimming Championships
- Court rules against TTFA in broadcast rights issue
- Former Senator and Founding Member of the Alliance of Independents is today saying that while there are a number of factors that contribute to criminal violence it starts at schools
- Former Head of the Police Central Division Senior Superintendent Johnny Abraham says protocols must be followed by the TTPS when a missing persons report is made
- Enterprise gang leader Selwyn “Robocop” Alexis There is concern over what has been described as fear by residents in the Enterprise area after shootings that occurred
- Prison authorities are today ensuring the public that all is being done to maintain law and order in the prisonsThis follows a stabbing incident that occurred on Saturday at a Maximum Security Prison in Arouca. An altercation between two remanded inmates during an airing exercise a
Popular TagsACCIDENT Anand Ramlogan caribbean news Chaguanas West By-Election COP crime crime news Dr. Keith Rowley Gary Griffith Government Jack Warner Kamla Persad Bissessar Keith Rowley Laventille Ministry Murder news News Power Now oilfield workers Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley Parliament PETROTRIN PNM Police Police investigating police investigations politics PORT OF SPAIN power 102 Prime Prime Minister Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar Radio Vision LTD San Fernando THA Tobago trinidad trinidad and tobago trinidad and tobago news trinidad and tobago police service ttps UNC united national congress WASA world news