The Chairman of the National Carnival Commission is today saying that he will soon give up the position.
Speaking on the Power Breakfast Show on Power 102.1fm this morning Kenny Da Silva revealed that he will resign as Chairman of the NCC.
He said that this is his last year in that post.
Persons have called for his resignation after the Dimanche Gras debacle.
Many have criticized the production of the show labeling it an abject failure.
Da Silva revealed that the buck stops with the Chairman and he has to respect the many calls for his departure as Chairman.
He said that he believes that there is a competent board in place and Deputy Chairman to carry on the duties of NCC.
After his departure a new Chairman will have to be elected to take up duties in time for next year.
- Over 100 schools meet to discuss urgent issues such as discipline and supervision
- Trinidadian nationals in London said to be safe following terror attack
- Port Authority says sea transportation issues to be resolved soon
- Police Complaints Authority says illegal wrecking of vehicles has been ongoing
- The Prime Minister requests report from Sports Minister on recent Tobago trip
- Tourism Association President says not enough being done to market Trinidad
- Sport Minister says allegations against him are an attempt to get him out of office
- Tobago records another murder
- Attorney at law Om Lalla says Finance Minister trying to get around court ruling
- PSA General Secretary promises ideal industrial relations climate if elected President
- Education Minister, Anthony Garcia The Education Ministry reveals that over one hundred of the one hundred and twenty-five secondary schools’ principals heeded a call b
- London terror attack This country’s High Commission in London confirms that all nationals within the diaspora who are registered with it are safe following the terror a
Popular TagsACCIDENT Anand Ramlogan caribbean news Chaguanas West By-Election COP crime crime news Dr. Keith Rowley Gary Griffith Government Jack Warner Kamla Persad Bissessar Keith Rowley Laventille Ministry Murder news News Power Now oilfield workers Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley Parliament PETROTRIN PNM Police Police investigating police investigations politics PORT OF SPAIN power 102 Prime Prime Minister Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar Radio Vision LTD San Fernando THA Tobago trinidad trinidad and tobago trinidad and tobago news trinidad and tobago police service ttps UNC united national congress WASA world news