As the frequency delivered its day-long hurricane preparedness programming, Dr. Rowley was contacted to speak on the country’s readiness for such a natural disaster, should it strike.
The Prime Minister also weighed in on the utterances of some, particularly via social media, on the matter of this country now allowing Dominicans who have family or friends in T&T, to stay there for a 6 month period.
HERE’S THE AUDIO OF THE INTERVIEW.
PSA President, Watson Duke is accusing officials from the Arima Borough Corporation and the Ministry of Local Government of working together to enslave the employees of the Corporation.
He makes this claim amid the ongoing dispute between the Corporation and the Public Services Association.
Arima Mayor, Lisa Morris Julian has said that Mr. Duke may face possible charges after he allegedly set off a fire alarm in protest over the working conditions of the Corporation’s employees.
Mr. Duke says the PSA will take further steps if necessary to protect the health and safety of the Corporation’s employees.
Urban and Regional Planner Dr. James Armstrong says Trinidad and Tobago has building guidelines to ensure that the structures are built to withstand natural disasters such as hurricanes and earthquakes, however he says T&T is yet to have building codes.
Speaking with Tony Fraser on Power 102.1FM during the station’s “Prepared or Not”? day long hurricane preparedness feature, Dr. Armstrong said most consultant architects and engineers hired to construct buildings will use codes but T&T does not have its own set of building codes.
When asked if codes are not being used at all within the country to construct buildings, Dr. Armstrong said some sections of Caribbean Building Codes were incomplete hence the country’s delay to have them implemented.
TTUTA President Lyndsley Doodai is today saying that he is even more confused than the Minister of Education.
Speaking with News Power Now this morning he revealed that there was never any consultation on the date change for the SEA exams with the two major stakeholders namely TTUTA and the NPTA.
Minister of Education Anthony Garcia is today saying that he’s confused that the President of TTUTA, Lyndsley Doodai and the President of the NPTA, Zena Ramatali have heavily criticized the decision to move the date of the SEA examination.
Speaking yesterday at a media conference the Education Minister revealed that Mr. Doodai pointed to the fact that school reopened on April 24th following the 2 week Easter break, and with the SEA exam scheduled for Thursday, both teachers and students were overworked.
Minister Garica divulged that the NPTA President Zena Ramatali also agreed with the change in date of the SEA exams, but was now singing a different tune.
- Prime Minister Dr. Keith Rowley Disappointed in Reaction of Trinbagonians to Offering Assistance to Dominicans.
- “EMPLOYEES ENSLAVED.” Watson Duke Fires Back at the Arima Borough Corporation.
- T&T Does Not Have its Own Building Codes, Explains Urban and Regional Planner.
- TTUTT’s Doodhai Expresses Further Confusion Over SEA Date Change.
- Education Minister Confused by Mixed Signals Over SEA Date Adjustment
- Prime Minister Rowley Adamant, Trinidad and Tobago Must Help its Neighbours.
- INTERNATIONAL NEWS: Mental Outpatient Severs Baby’s Head in Russia. Police Shoot Him Dead.
- UBER’s Application to Renew License Rejected in the UK. Company Expected to Appeal.
- Tobago to the Rescue. All Hands On Deck to Help Caribbean Neighbours Affected by Hurricanes Irma and Maria.
- PM Has No Objection to Ocean Flower 2 Dry Docking in T&T.
- Prime Minister Dr. Keith Rowley Disappointed in Reaction of Trinbagonians to Offering Assistance to Dominicans.Trinidad and Tobago’s Prime Minister, Dr. Keith Rowley today spoke with veteran journalist, Tony Fraser on Power 102.1FM. As the frequency delivered its day-long hu
- Dr. James Armstrong Urban and Regional Planner Dr. James Armstrong says Trinidad and Tobago has building guidelines to ensure that the structures are built to withstand n
Popular TagsACCIDENT Anand Ramlogan caribbean news Chaguanas West By-Election COP crime crime news Dr. Keith Rowley Gary Griffith Government Jack Warner Kamla Persad Bissessar Keith Rowley Laventille Ministry Murder news News Power Now Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley Parliament PETROTRIN PNM Police Police investigating police investigations politics PORT OF SPAIN power 102 Prime Prime Minister Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar Radio Vision LTD San Fernando THA Tobago trinidad trinidad and tobago trinidad and tobago news trinidad and tobago police service ttps UNC united national congress WASA Watson Duke world news