Hundreds of detectives worked through the night, carrying out searches at six addresses, Acting Deputy Commissioner Mark Rowley said.
The dead are PC Keith Palmer, Aysha Frade who worked at a London college, a man in his 50s and the attacker.
Seven of the injured are still in hospital in a critical condition.
A further 29 had been treated in hospital, Mr Rowley added.
He then ran towards Parliament where he stabbed PC Palmer who was unarmed. Armed police then shot dead the attacker in the grounds.
Autopsy results have revealed that he died as a result of blunt force trauma to the head.
The post mortem was performed late this afternoon at the Forensic Science Centre.
16-year-old Jesse Beephan had been reported missing by his mother on Monday, March 20, after he failed to return home from school.
The body was discovered in a drain outside the school he attended.
Former Housing Minister Dr Roodal Moonilal is questioning whether the Housing Development Corporation has any plans of assisting those families it has evicted from units in a Housing Development in San Fernando.
The HDC evicted some 17 families, inclusive of young children, from the units which they occupied without permission. Speaking on the Power Breakfast Show this morning Dr Moonilal said while the HDC was within its right to evict the unlawful residents, the question of what assistance would be offered to these families, now looms.
Dr Moonilal is the Member of Parliament for Oropouche East.He said the residents who initially resided at Harmony Hall in Gasparillo, were evacuated by the HDC during his time in office, because of structural problems realized. He said the buildings had no planning approvals and had to be demolished.
Government’s decision last Thursday to make a second withdrawal from the Heritage and Stabilization Fund
was described by Opposition Senator Wade Mark as a raid on the fund but his assertion was rejected by Minister of Finance and The Economy Colm Imbert in the Senate today.
Senator Mark was invited by Senate President Christine Kangaloo to pose his question.
The Senate President allowed a response from Imbert who quickly rose to his feet.
Earlier Senator Mark asked the Minister about the rationale for this latest draw down from the fund and
what high-priority projects, as he put it, are to be funded.
Minister Imbert spoke of a Media release of last Friday that addressed Government’s decision to draw TT
one point seven billion or US 251 million from the fund before telling the Senate more about
The unidentified body of a man which was found in the Gulf of Paria, near to the International
Waterfront Complex, has been identified as 33 year old Alpha George.
George’s body was found on Monday in a nude, decomposed state.
News Power Now in an interview with the victim’s brother; Masimba George learnt that said Alpa resided in Trinidad for some time, after leaving Betsy Hope in Tobago.
George said the information he received about his brother was that he was shot during a gang shootout in Central Trinidad.
News Power Now also spoke to Aplha’ adopted father, Reginald Adams who said relatives in Tobago are
saddened by his death and are waiting for an autopsy to determine the exact cause of death.
The body was spotted at around 11 a.m. in the waters and was fished out by the Trinidad and Tobago
Coast Guard who took the body out of the water and handed it over to police officers of the Port of
Spain Homicide Division.
- Eight people have been arrested after an attack in Westminister London
- Autopsy results reveals that teen found dead outside of a school compound died from blunt force trauma
- Former Housing Minister questions whether the Housing Development Corporation has any plans of assisting those families it has evicted
- Wade Mark accuses the government of raiding the Heritage and Stabilization Fund
- Body of man found in waters near Hyatt, identified as Tobago native
- The Communication Workers Union says they are not accepting an apology from the Tourism Minister in light of the dismal of TDC workers
- Property Owners be aware, payment of your property taxes must be made priority, this according an auditing firm
- Law Students at UWI St Augustine are protesting a planned move to the campus in Debe….
- One farmers group says they are supporting the decision by government to close the Caroni Greens limited.
- Member of Parliament for Oropouche East says the Government’s decision to shut down the Community Comfort control was highly inconsiderate
- Eight arrests have been made in raids in London, Birmingham and elsewhere following an attack in Westminster that left four dead, police have said. Hundreds of detectives
- Autopsy results reveals that teen found dead outside of a school compound died from blunt force traumaHomicide detectives are continuing investigations this morning in the case of the teenage boy whose body was found outside the compound of the Waterloo Secondary School,
Popular TagsACCIDENT Anand Ramlogan caribbean news Chaguanas West By-Election COP crime crime news Dr. Keith Rowley Gary Griffith Government Jack Warner Kamla Persad Bissessar Keith Rowley Laventille Ministry Murder news News Power Now oilfield workers Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley Parliament PETROTRIN PNM Police Police investigating police investigations politics PORT OF SPAIN power 102 Prime Prime Minister Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar Radio Vision LTD San Fernando THA Tobago trinidad trinidad and tobago trinidad and tobago news trinidad and tobago police service ttps UNC united national congress WASA world news