The leader of the Opposition Dr. Keith Rowley has responded to the Prime Minister’s announcement that she asked the Leader of Government Business Dr. Roodilal Moonilal to file a motion of ‘no confidence’ against the him.
He was speaking at a media conference at the office of the Opposition Leader.
He revealed the preliminary research by his team found no example in the Commonwealth of a Prime Minister moving a motion of no confidence against an Opposition leader.
The Prime Minister made the announcement at the UNC’s political forum on Monday evening that she had instructed the leader of government business to file a motion of no confidence against the Opposition Leader.
Mrs. Persad- Bissessor claimed the motion was necessary due to what she describe as Dr. Rowley failure to disclose that PCA Head David West was a witness for him in a defamation case filed against him by former Attorney General Anand Ramlogan.
However Dr. Rowley revealed that he was waiting on the Prime Minister’s next move.
Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley.
- Opposition Leader Says Government Should Be Doing More. Tours Areas Affected by Severe Flooding.
- RC Archbishop Speaks Out. Social Media Violence Involving Youths, Sounds Alarm.
- Areas of Sangre Grande Feel The Brunt of Inclement Weather. Livestock, Appliances, Crops Damaged.
- Members Club Association To Meet with Ministry of Finance Official on The Way Forward.
- Wild Meat Seizure from Meat Peddlers Triggers Health Concerns. Minister Speaks Out.
- Crime Report Delivered. NOW WHAT? Criminologist Urges Action and Enforcement.
- Over 40? No Problem. T&T Designer, Afiya’s Got The Perfect Advice to Boost Your Confidence Using Fashion.
- Port-of-Spain Welcomes New Catholic Archbishop, Hailing from Barbados.
- Soca Mom and Wife, Fay-Ann Lyons Enters Mas Arena. Delivers Atlanta for C2K18.
- Charged Defense Force Soldiers Spend Divali Behind Bars. Bail Likely Tomorrow.
- Opposition Leader, Kamla Persad Bissessar today toured areas affected by flooding. She met with residents and spoke with reporters on the situation. In a statement to the
- Archbishop Joseph Harris. Roman Catholic Archbishop Joseph Harris expresses concern about challenges in the education system. He cited violence and indiscipline in school
Popular TagsACCIDENT Anand Ramlogan caribbean news Chaguanas West By-Election COP crime crime news Dr. Keith Rowley Gary Griffith Government Jack Warner Kamla Persad Bissessar Keith Rowley Laventille Murder news News Power Now Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley Parliament PETROTRIN PNM Police Police investigating police investigations politics PORT OF SPAIN power 102 Prime Prime Minister Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar protest Radio Vision LTD San Fernando THA Tobago trinidad trinidad and tobago trinidad and tobago news trinidad and tobago police service ttps UNC united national congress WASA Watson Duke world news