An application for judicial review has been filed against Children’s Life Fund Authority on behalf of the parents of Shannen Luke and Terrence Chandoo.
The legal action is being taken to challenge what is being described as the “unlawful, irrational and unreasonable” decision of the CLFA to refuse funding for surgeries of the two children suffering with blood disorders.
Opposition Leader Kamla Persad-Bissessar and Senator Gerald Ramdeen, with instructing attorney Sean Sobers, are the legal team leading the action in the case which is scheduled for hearing on Thursday.
According to the application filed by Opposition Senator Wayne Sturge yesterday, the decision to refuse funding to Luke and Chandoo is contrary to the provisions of the Children’s Life Fund Act.
Speaking during an interview on the Power Breakfast Show here on Power 102.1fm this morning Mr Ramdeen indicated that he is hopefully Thursday’s hearing will bring about some measure of reasonableness in the matter.
- Prime Minister Dr. Keith Rowley Disappointed in Reaction of Trinbagonians to Offering Assistance to Dominicans.
- “EMPLOYEES ENSLAVED.” Watson Duke Fires Back at the Arima Borough Corporation.
- T&T Does Not Have its Own Building Codes, Explains Urban and Regional Planner.
- TTUTT’s Doodhai Expresses Further Confusion Over SEA Date Change.
- Education Minister Confused by Mixed Signals Over SEA Date Adjustment
- Prime Minister Rowley Adamant, Trinidad and Tobago Must Help its Neighbours.
- INTERNATIONAL NEWS: Mental Outpatient Severs Baby’s Head in Russia. Police Shoot Him Dead.
- UBER’s Application to Renew License Rejected in the UK. Company Expected to Appeal.
- Tobago to the Rescue. All Hands On Deck to Help Caribbean Neighbours Affected by Hurricanes Irma and Maria.
- PM Has No Objection to Ocean Flower 2 Dry Docking in T&T.
- Prime Minister Dr. Keith Rowley Disappointed in Reaction of Trinbagonians to Offering Assistance to Dominicans.Trinidad and Tobago’s Prime Minister, Dr. Keith Rowley today spoke with veteran journalist, Tony Fraser on Power 102.1FM. As the frequency delivered its day-long hu
- Dr. James Armstrong Urban and Regional Planner Dr. James Armstrong says Trinidad and Tobago has building guidelines to ensure that the structures are built to withstand n
Popular TagsACCIDENT Anand Ramlogan caribbean news Chaguanas West By-Election COP crime crime news Dr. Keith Rowley Gary Griffith Government Jack Warner Kamla Persad Bissessar Keith Rowley Laventille Ministry Murder news News Power Now Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley Parliament PETROTRIN PNM Police Police investigating police investigations politics PORT OF SPAIN power 102 Prime Prime Minister Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar Radio Vision LTD San Fernando THA Tobago trinidad trinidad and tobago trinidad and tobago news trinidad and tobago police service ttps UNC united national congress WASA Watson Duke world news