An application for judicial review has been filed against Children’s Life Fund Authority on behalf of the parents of Shannen Luke and Terrence Chandoo.
The legal action is being taken to challenge what is being described as the “unlawful, irrational and unreasonable” decision of the CLFA to refuse funding for surgeries of the two children suffering with blood disorders.
Opposition Leader Kamla Persad-Bissessar and Senator Gerald Ramdeen, with instructing attorney Sean Sobers, are the legal team leading the action in the case which is scheduled for hearing on Thursday.
According to the application filed by Opposition Senator Wayne Sturge yesterday, the decision to refuse funding to Luke and Chandoo is contrary to the provisions of the Children’s Life Fund Act.
Speaking during an interview on the Power Breakfast Show here on Power 102.1fm this morning Mr Ramdeen indicated that he is hopefully Thursday’s hearing will bring about some measure of reasonableness in the matter.
- Attorney Ramesh Lawrence Maharaj criticises disciplinary action against John Jeremie by Gov’t
- Lifeguards raise concerns on working conditions
- OWTU takes to Sangre-Grande in lead up to August 4th’s major march
- Ayers-Caesar initiates legal action against JLSC
- Supplementary funds requested by Guyana’s Finance Minister following prison fire
- Ministry of Education to ensure retired educational professionals receive benefits in 3 months time
- Duke accuses Transport Minister of telling untruths
- Cabo star set to make its trial run
- Fish vendors call on San Fernando MP Faris-Al-Rawi to intervene and address their issues
- IWRN appeals to parents and guardians to ensure the safety of their children
- Former Attorney-General Ramesh Lawrence Maharaj is criticising what he says is an attack to the rule of law, as it pertains to a move by the Government to initiate disci
- Life Guards are voicing concern about what they described as the poor condition of the towers built for them at the popular Maracas and Las Cuevas beaches. The ma
Popular TagsAnand Ramlogan caribbean news Chaguanas West By-Election COP crime crime news Dr. Keith Rowley Gary Griffith Government Jack Warner Kamla Persad Bissessar Keith Rowley Laventille Ministry Murder news News Power Now oilfield workers Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley Parliament PETROTRIN PNM Police Police investigating police investigations politics PORT OF SPAIN power 102 Prime Prime Minister Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar Radio Vision LTD San Fernando THA Tobago trinidad trinidad and tobago trinidad and tobago news trinidad and tobago police service ttps UNC united national congress WASA Watson Duke world news