The Opposition did not succeed in its bid to get the parliament to discuss as a matter of definite urgent public importance concerns surrounding drugs provided under the Chronic Disease Assistance Programme.
Member of the Parliament for Caroni East Dr Tim Gopeesingh raised the motion during the sitting of the House of Representatives this afternoon.
On Monday Health Minister Terrence Deyalsingh assured citizens that CDAP drugs are safe for use adding that a recent newspaper report misinterpreted comments he made about medication provided under the system.
Dr Gopeesingh contended that there was need for the matter to be given adequate attention by the parliament.
However, Brigid Annisette George House Speaker did not accommodate the motion.
- Attorney Ramesh Lawrence Maharaj criticises disciplinary action against John Jeremie by Gov’t
- Lifeguards raise concerns on working conditions
- OWTU takes to Sangre-Grande in lead up to August 4th’s major march
- Ayers-Caesar initiates legal action against JLSC
- Supplementary funds requested by Guyana’s Finance Minister following prison fire
- Ministry of Education to ensure retired educational professionals receive benefits in 3 months time
- Duke accuses Transport Minister of telling untruths
- Cabo star set to make its trial run
- Fish vendors call on San Fernando MP Faris-Al-Rawi to intervene and address their issues
- IWRN appeals to parents and guardians to ensure the safety of their children
- Former Attorney-General Ramesh Lawrence Maharaj is criticising what he says is an attack to the rule of law, as it pertains to a move by the Government to initiate disci
- Life Guards are voicing concern about what they described as the poor condition of the towers built for them at the popular Maracas and Las Cuevas beaches. The ma
Popular TagsAnand Ramlogan caribbean news Chaguanas West By-Election COP crime crime news Dr. Keith Rowley Gary Griffith Government Jack Warner Kamla Persad Bissessar Keith Rowley Laventille Ministry Murder news News Power Now oilfield workers Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley Parliament PETROTRIN PNM Police Police investigating police investigations politics PORT OF SPAIN power 102 Prime Prime Minister Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar Radio Vision LTD San Fernando THA Tobago trinidad trinidad and tobago trinidad and tobago news trinidad and tobago police service ttps UNC united national congress WASA Watson Duke world news