The Opposition did not succeed in its bid to get the parliament to discuss as a matter of definite urgent public importance concerns surrounding drugs provided under the Chronic Disease Assistance Programme.
Member of the Parliament for Caroni East Dr Tim Gopeesingh raised the motion during the sitting of the House of Representatives this afternoon.
On Monday Health Minister Terrence Deyalsingh assured citizens that CDAP drugs are safe for use adding that a recent newspaper report misinterpreted comments he made about medication provided under the system.
Dr Gopeesingh contended that there was need for the matter to be given adequate attention by the parliament.
However, Brigid Annisette George House Speaker did not accommodate the motion.
- Illegal vending in Arima being tackled
- OWTU says no to job cuts in economic hardship
- Search continues for missing man at sea
- Contractors Association reports better days
- Tobago prices reportedly increasing following transport woes
- Businessman’s murder raises discussions on accessing licensed firearms
- Truckers & Traders Association President says sea bridge crisis needs Gov’t intervention
- Fiery protests as Morvant residents cry neglect
- National Security Minister says Life Sport responsible for crime fighting challenges today
- Sea transport issues continue, PM says sorry
Popular TagsACCIDENT Anand Ramlogan caribbean news Chaguanas West By-Election COP crime crime news Dr. Keith Rowley Gary Griffith Government Jack Warner Kamla Persad Bissessar Keith Rowley Laventille Ministry Murder news News Power Now oilfield workers Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley Parliament PETROTRIN PNM Police Police investigating police investigations politics PORT OF SPAIN power 102 Prime Prime Minister Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar Radio Vision LTD San Fernando THA Tobago trinidad trinidad and tobago trinidad and tobago news trinidad and tobago police service ttps UNC united national congress WASA world news