The Prime Minister has announced the date for the resumption of parliament as Friday, November 7th.
The revelation came yesterday, during a news conference at the Prime Minister’s office in St. Clair on the heels of the Opposition Leader’s fiery remarks against the Kamla Persad Bissessar led government.
Dr. Rowley had accused the government of attempting to brainwash the people of Trinidad and Tobago via a multi- million dollar advertising campaigns versus making efforts to reconvene parliament to deal with the nation’s business.
Assuring that her government continues to work assiduously, Mrs. Persad Bissessar coined Dr. Rowley’s sentiments, disingenuous.
The Prime Minister said it was always understood that the Parliament would be reconvened in November. She said the parliament had been active in August which is traditionally the month of recess.
CLICK TO PLAY AUDIO
- Former Housing Minister questions whether the Housing Development Corporation has any plans of assisting those families it has evicted
- Wade Mark accuses the government of raiding the Heritage and Stabilization Fund
- Body of man found in waters near Hyatt, identified as Tobago native
- The Communication Workers Union says they are not accepting an apology from the Tourism Minister in light of the dismal of TDC workers
- Property Owners be aware, payment of your property taxes must be made priority, this according an auditing firm
- Law Students at UWI St Augustine are protesting a planned move to the campus in Debe….
- One farmers group says they are supporting the decision by government to close the Caroni Greens limited.
- Member of Parliament for Oropouche East says the Government’s decision to shut down the Community Comfort control was highly inconsiderate
- An economist questions government current borrowing, saying it has been deemed “reckless”
- Bolt in race with two other fastest
- Former Housing Minister questions whether the Housing Development Corporation has any plans of assisting those families it has evictedformer Housing Minister Dr Roodal Moonilal Former Housing Minister Dr Roodal Moonilal is questioning whether the Housing Development Corporation has any plans of assistin
- Opposition Senator, Wade Mark Government’s decision last Thursday to make a second withdrawal from the Heritage and Stabilization Fund was described by Opposition Senat
Popular TagsACCIDENT Anand Ramlogan caribbean news Chaguanas West By-Election COP crime crime news Dr. Keith Rowley Gary Griffith Government Jack Warner Kamla Persad Bissessar Keith Rowley Laventille Ministry Murder news News Power Now oilfield workers Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley Parliament PETROTRIN PNM Police Police investigating police investigations politics PORT OF SPAIN power 102 Prime Prime Minister Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar Radio Vision LTD San Fernando THA Tobago trinidad trinidad and tobago trinidad and tobago news trinidad and tobago police service ttps UNC united national congress WASA world news