State owned oil company, Petrotrin has accepted an invitation by the Ministry of Labour to treat with an ongoing trade dispute concerning an extension of leave for union business for three employees, one of whom is Oilfield Workers Trade Union President, Ancel Roget.
In a media release issued this afternoon, Petrotrin explained that a maximum of two, two- year extensions of employee absence with pay can be granted, at the request of the union, however the company says normally not more than two (2) such extensions are granted, as laid out in the Company’s Collective Agreements.
Petrotrin officials this afternoon said the company has extended numerous invitations (both verbally and written) to the OWTU through its Industrial Relations Department, to meet and dialogue concerning the request. The company also noted that one of the three employees in question has since decided to return to work at Petrotrin- an option that has been made available to all three employees.
The oil company says it remains open to meet and treat with the OWTU in the interest of good Industrial relations practice.
- Illegal vending in Arima being tackled
- OWTU says no to job cuts in economic hardship
- Search continues for missing man at sea
- Contractors Association reports better days
- Tobago prices reportedly increasing following transport woes
- Businessman’s murder raises discussions on accessing licensed firearms
- Truckers & Traders Association President says sea bridge crisis needs Gov’t intervention
- Fiery protests as Morvant residents cry neglect
- National Security Minister says Life Sport responsible for crime fighting challenges today
- Sea transport issues continue, PM says sorry
Popular TagsACCIDENT Anand Ramlogan caribbean news Chaguanas West By-Election COP crime crime news Dr. Keith Rowley Gary Griffith Government Jack Warner Kamla Persad Bissessar Keith Rowley Laventille Ministry Murder news News Power Now oilfield workers Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley Parliament PETROTRIN PNM Police Police investigating police investigations politics PORT OF SPAIN power 102 Prime Prime Minister Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar Radio Vision LTD San Fernando THA Tobago trinidad trinidad and tobago trinidad and tobago news trinidad and tobago police service ttps UNC united national congress WASA world news