After the 12 contending artistes had completed their two rounds of competition, many patrons shared the opinion that it was a two-horse race between Kurt Allen and Eric “Pink Panther” Taylor, but in the end Taylor emerged on top…as the 2013 National Calypso Monarch…
The Panther earned the first prize of one million dollars with his compositions “Travel Woes” in which he accounts the problems he encountered after booking a trip to London via sea but cannot see the ship.
His second piece “Crying in the Chapel”, laments the mourning of the recent deaths of Sonny “Mighty Power” Francois and Seadley “Penguin” Joseph, along with other cultural icons who have passed away, coincidentally, around the Carnival season.
The competition was held last evening at the Queen’s Park Savannah.
Allen, placed second with “Political Sin Phony” and “Black Stalin Say”, while Heather Mac Intosh’s rendition of “The Old Man’s Lament and “Invisible, earned her third place.
- Meteorological office warns citizens to be vigilant during inclement weather today
- Police Social Welfare authority show support for comrade carded to appear in court today
- CEPEP to be managed by the Ministry of Rural Development and Local Government
- Fishermen disagree on whether or not $1 Million Government offer should be taken
- Trade Unions take aim at Finance Minister- They call for the Prime Minister’s intervention
- Foreigners calling the shots over local gangs…this from a well known criminologist
- EMA Investigates Another Oil Spill
- The Health Minister says no one can be fired for current drug shortage problem
- Health Minister is today saying that the public is not taking Zika seriously
- Trinidad and Tobago Manufacturers Association says the arrangement between Venezuela and T&T has been fruitful so far
- The Meteorological Service of Trinidad and Tobago in a bulletin is advising citizens that the country can continue to expect inclement weather which has been happening wi
- A trustee of the Police Service Social and Welfare Association (TTPSSWA) will appear in court today to answer three summons issued to him for allegedly failing to comply
Popular TagsACCIDENT Anand Ramlogan caribbean news Chaguanas West By-Election COP crime crime news Dr. Keith Rowley Gary Griffith Government Jack Warner Kamla Persad Bissessar Keith Rowley Laventille Ministry Murder news News Power Now oilfield workers Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley Parliament PETROTRIN PNM Police Police investigating police investigations politics PORT OF SPAIN power 102 Prime Prime Minister Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar Radio Vision LTD San Fernando THA Tobago trinidad trinidad and tobago trinidad and tobago news trinidad and tobago police service ttps UNC united national congress WASA world news