After the 12 contending artistes had completed their two rounds of competition, many patrons shared the opinion that it was a two-horse race between Kurt Allen and Eric “Pink Panther” Taylor, but in the end Taylor emerged on top…as the 2013 National Calypso Monarch…
The Panther earned the first prize of one million dollars with his compositions “Travel Woes” in which he accounts the problems he encountered after booking a trip to London via sea but cannot see the ship.
His second piece “Crying in the Chapel”, laments the mourning of the recent deaths of Sonny “Mighty Power” Francois and Seadley “Penguin” Joseph, along with other cultural icons who have passed away, coincidentally, around the Carnival season.
The competition was held last evening at the Queen’s Park Savannah.
Allen, placed second with “Political Sin Phony” and “Black Stalin Say”, while Heather Mac Intosh’s rendition of “The Old Man’s Lament and “Invisible, earned her third place.
- Opposition Leader Says Government Should Be Doing More. Tours Areas Affected by Severe Flooding.
- RC Archbishop Speaks Out. Social Media Violence Involving Youths, Sounds Alarm.
- Areas of Sangre Grande Feel The Brunt of Inclement Weather. Livestock, Appliances, Crops Damaged.
- Members Club Association To Meet with Ministry of Finance Official on The Way Forward.
- Wild Meat Seizure from Meat Peddlers Triggers Health Concerns. Minister Speaks Out.
- Crime Report Delivered. NOW WHAT? Criminologist Urges Action and Enforcement.
- Over 40? No Problem. T&T Designer, Afiya’s Got The Perfect Advice to Boost Your Confidence Using Fashion.
- Port-of-Spain Welcomes New Catholic Archbishop, Hailing from Barbados.
- Soca Mom and Wife, Fay-Ann Lyons Enters Mas Arena. Delivers Atlanta for C2K18.
- Charged Defense Force Soldiers Spend Divali Behind Bars. Bail Likely Tomorrow.
- Opposition Leader, Kamla Persad Bissessar today toured areas affected by flooding. She met with residents and spoke with reporters on the situation. In a statement to the
- Archbishop Joseph Harris. Roman Catholic Archbishop Joseph Harris expresses concern about challenges in the education system. He cited violence and indiscipline in school
Popular TagsACCIDENT Anand Ramlogan caribbean news Chaguanas West By-Election COP crime crime news Dr. Keith Rowley Gary Griffith Government Jack Warner Kamla Persad Bissessar Keith Rowley Laventille Murder news News Power Now Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley Parliament PETROTRIN PNM Police Police investigating police investigations politics PORT OF SPAIN power 102 Prime Prime Minister Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar protest Radio Vision LTD San Fernando THA Tobago trinidad trinidad and tobago trinidad and tobago news trinidad and tobago police service ttps UNC united national congress WASA Watson Duke world news