After the 12 contending artistes had completed their two rounds of competition, many patrons shared the opinion that it was a two-horse race between Kurt Allen and Eric “Pink Panther” Taylor, but in the end Taylor emerged on top…as the 2013 National Calypso Monarch…
The Panther earned the first prize of one million dollars with his compositions “Travel Woes” in which he accounts the problems he encountered after booking a trip to London via sea but cannot see the ship.
His second piece “Crying in the Chapel”, laments the mourning of the recent deaths of Sonny “Mighty Power” Francois and Seadley “Penguin” Joseph, along with other cultural icons who have passed away, coincidentally, around the Carnival season.
The competition was held last evening at the Queen’s Park Savannah.
Allen, placed second with “Political Sin Phony” and “Black Stalin Say”, while Heather Mac Intosh’s rendition of “The Old Man’s Lament and “Invisible, earned her third place.
- Water Taxi Service to La Brea and Point Fortin, Not Viable Presently, Says Minister
- OWTU Representative Says The Company Is Trying To Silence Some
- Vernella Alleyne-Toppin Will Not Face The Privileges Committee
- Breakdown in Control During Total Day of Policing In March, Found In Probe.
- Petrotrin Agrees to Meet with The Labour Ministry Over Ongoing Trade Dispute
- The Energy Minister Corrects What He says Are Blunders Made By The Opposition Leader
- Internal Probe Launched Into Purchase of Executive Chair at T&TEC
- Several Important Issues to Be Raised By Teacher’s Union In Meeting Thursday.
- Four Police Officers Charged With Misbehaviour In Public Office
- TTUTA President Warns School Principal To Follow Proper Protocol
- The Opposition Leader Says He’ll Sue Anyone Who Slanders His Name on
- Call made for Vernella Allyene Toppin, to be sent before the Privilege Committee of Parliament on
- Yet Another Group Lashes Out At Vernella Alleyne- Toppin on
- Cruise Season Expected to Be A Busy One For Tobago, Says Official on
- Spiritual Shouter Baptist leader died soon after his arrival at Piarco International Airport on
- Political Analyst says The People’s Partnership Government should distance itself from comments made by Vernella Alleyne Toppin on
- SAN ANDREAS EARTHQUAKE MAY DESTROY BOX OFFICEAs we continue to give you the info on some summer and pre summer blockbusters, today we feature San Andres. The film was directed by Brad Peyton. It stars Dwayne’The Rock’ Johnson, Alexandra Daddario, Paul Giamatt, Kylie Minogue, Carla Gugino…Avril Babb
- NICKI MINAJ AND MEEK MILL ENGAGED?The rumor mill has been going crazy recently with news that Nicky Minaj and her boyfriend Meek Mill are engaged. Well, according to E! Online, they are. Minaj teased that she was engaged on Wednesday on Twitter. …Avril Babb
- ICE CUBE TALKS ‘STRAIGHT OUTTA COMPTON’ MOVIEGrowing up in Compton inspired Ice Cube along with luminaries Dr. Dre, Eazy-E, MC Ren and DJ Yella — to form N.W.A, the controversy-welcoming group responsible for popularizing gangster rap with songs like “(Bleep) tha Police” and “Gangsta Gangsta.” “Compton…Avril Babb
- SAN ANDREAS EARTHQUAKE MAY DESTROY BOX OFFICE
- Transport Minister, Stephen Cadiz The parliament is told by Transport Minister, Stephen Cadiz, that at this time, it is not economically viable to establish a Water Tax
- Ozzy Warwick of the OWTU Education and Research Officer at the Oilfield Workers Trade Union, Ozzi Warwick says the union is yet to receive any further correspondence from
Popular TagsACCIDENT Anand Ramlogan caribbean news Chaguanas West By-Election COP crime crime news Dr. Keith Rowley Gary Griffith Government Jack Warner Kamla Persad Bissessar Keith Rowley Laventille Ministry Murder news News Power Now oilfield workers Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley Parliament PETROTRIN PNM Police Police investigating police investigations politics PORT OF SPAIN power 102 Prime Prime Minister Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar Radio Vision LTD San Fernando THA Tobago trinidad trinidad and tobago trinidad and tobago news trinidad and tobago police service ttps UNC united national congress WASA world news