After the 12 contending artistes had completed their two rounds of competition, many patrons shared the opinion that it was a two-horse race between Kurt Allen and Eric “Pink Panther” Taylor, but in the end Taylor emerged on top…as the 2013 National Calypso Monarch…
The Panther earned the first prize of one million dollars with his compositions “Travel Woes” in which he accounts the problems he encountered after booking a trip to London via sea but cannot see the ship.
His second piece “Crying in the Chapel”, laments the mourning of the recent deaths of Sonny “Mighty Power” Francois and Seadley “Penguin” Joseph, along with other cultural icons who have passed away, coincidentally, around the Carnival season.
The competition was held last evening at the Queen’s Park Savannah.
Allen, placed second with “Political Sin Phony” and “Black Stalin Say”, while Heather Mac Intosh’s rendition of “The Old Man’s Lament and “Invisible, earned her third place.
- Political Analyst suggests that campaign financing legislation should be brought to the parliament.
- Former minister says massive cuts to spending could create serious implications in society.
- NWRHA assures citizens safety at health institutions remain a top priority.
- NATUC claims it was not consulted in the Labour Ministry’s ten point plan on unemployment.
- Anil Roberts responds to the Attorney General regarding a criminal investigation into lifesport
- Attorney General says the world is expressing concern about foreign terrorist fighters emerging from T&T
- We have security concerns too…CEO of the SWRHA weighs in.
- Decision to go card less can cause more harm than good.
- Economist says gas station owners could have found another way to cut cost.
- No Cash, no gas beginning on Friday
- One political analyst is suggesting that will and courage should be displayed in bringing campaign financing legislation to the parliament. The assessment comes from Rish
- An economist and former Planning and Development Minister is giving her views on the country running on a deficit budget for several years. Mary King in a News Power Now
Popular TagsACCIDENT Anand Ramlogan caribbean news Chaguanas West By-Election COP crime crime news Dr. Keith Rowley Gary Griffith Government Jack Warner Kamla Persad Bissessar Keith Rowley Laventille Ministry Murder news News Power Now oilfield workers Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley Parliament PETROTRIN PNM Police Police investigating police investigations politics PORT OF SPAIN power 102 Prime Prime Minister Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar Radio Vision LTD San Fernando THA Tobago trinidad trinidad and tobago trinidad and tobago news trinidad and tobago police service ttps UNC united national congress WASA world news