Public Information Officer of the TTPS, Inspector Wayne Mystar, made the comment while addressing the weekly police news briefing held at the Administration Building, Sackville Street, Port of Spain, Thursday.
His comment was in response to recent statements by Leader of the Jamaat Al Muslimeen Yasin Abu Bakr surrounding the arrest of several Muslims on Wednesday night allegedly during prayers at a Masjid in Carapo.
Mr. Mystar also confirmed that those held on Wednesday night are still in police custody.
He also insisted that the police service is not targeting Muslims.
- Opposition Leader Says Government Should Be Doing More. Tours Areas Affected by Severe Flooding.
- RC Archbishop Speaks Out. Social Media Violence Involving Youths, Sounds Alarm.
- Areas of Sangre Grande Feel The Brunt of Inclement Weather. Livestock, Appliances, Crops Damaged.
- Members Club Association To Meet with Ministry of Finance Official on The Way Forward.
- Wild Meat Seizure from Meat Peddlers Triggers Health Concerns. Minister Speaks Out.
- Crime Report Delivered. NOW WHAT? Criminologist Urges Action and Enforcement.
- Over 40? No Problem. T&T Designer, Afiya’s Got The Perfect Advice to Boost Your Confidence Using Fashion.
- Port-of-Spain Welcomes New Catholic Archbishop, Hailing from Barbados.
- Soca Mom and Wife, Fay-Ann Lyons Enters Mas Arena. Delivers Atlanta for C2K18.
- Charged Defense Force Soldiers Spend Divali Behind Bars. Bail Likely Tomorrow.
- Opposition Leader, Kamla Persad Bissessar today toured areas affected by flooding. She met with residents and spoke with reporters on the situation. In a statement to the
- Archbishop Joseph Harris. Roman Catholic Archbishop Joseph Harris expresses concern about challenges in the education system. He cited violence and indiscipline in school
Popular TagsACCIDENT Anand Ramlogan caribbean news Chaguanas West By-Election COP crime crime news Dr. Keith Rowley Gary Griffith Government Jack Warner Kamla Persad Bissessar Keith Rowley Laventille Murder news News Power Now Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley Parliament PETROTRIN PNM Police Police investigating police investigations politics PORT OF SPAIN power 102 Prime Prime Minister Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar protest Radio Vision LTD San Fernando THA Tobago trinidad trinidad and tobago trinidad and tobago news trinidad and tobago police service ttps UNC united national congress WASA Watson Duke world news