The Prime Minister has made it clear that she is not playing the role of judge and jury on the issue of allegations made by Police Complaints Authority Director, David West, of an attempt to pervert the court of justice against Attorney General , Anand Ramlogan, in a defamation case involving Opposition Leader, Dr. Keith Rowley.
The police service last week ordered a probe into the matter which will be headed by Deputy Commissioner of Police – Operations (Ag.) Harold Phillip.
However, Mrs Persad Bissessar explained while she is not in a position to determine either guilt or innocence in the matter it is of grave enough consequence to warrant serious consideration and immediate action.
She insisted that she could not sit idly by while the Office of the Attorney General and that of the Minister of National Security as well as the Head of the Police Complaints Authority are being compromised and brought into disrepute by such allegations which have warranted a police enquiry.
The Prime Minister also wanted to know why the PCA Head when he was offered the position did not inform her or His Excellency about the issue adding the Director should resign or his appointment be revoked.
Prime Minister, Kamla Persad Bissesar
- Opposition Leader Says Government Should Be Doing More. Tours Areas Affected by Severe Flooding.
- RC Archbishop Speaks Out. Social Media Violence Involving Youths, Sounds Alarm.
- Areas of Sangre Grande Feel The Brunt of Inclement Weather. Livestock, Appliances, Crops Damaged.
- Members Club Association To Meet with Ministry of Finance Official on The Way Forward.
- Wild Meat Seizure from Meat Peddlers Triggers Health Concerns. Minister Speaks Out.
- Crime Report Delivered. NOW WHAT? Criminologist Urges Action and Enforcement.
- Over 40? No Problem. T&T Designer, Afiya’s Got The Perfect Advice to Boost Your Confidence Using Fashion.
- Port-of-Spain Welcomes New Catholic Archbishop, Hailing from Barbados.
- Soca Mom and Wife, Fay-Ann Lyons Enters Mas Arena. Delivers Atlanta for C2K18.
- Charged Defense Force Soldiers Spend Divali Behind Bars. Bail Likely Tomorrow.
- Opposition Leader, Kamla Persad Bissessar today toured areas affected by flooding. She met with residents and spoke with reporters on the situation. In a statement to the
- Archbishop Joseph Harris. Roman Catholic Archbishop Joseph Harris expresses concern about challenges in the education system. He cited violence and indiscipline in school
Popular TagsACCIDENT Anand Ramlogan caribbean news Chaguanas West By-Election COP crime crime news Dr. Keith Rowley Gary Griffith Government Jack Warner Kamla Persad Bissessar Keith Rowley Laventille Murder news News Power Now Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley Parliament PETROTRIN PNM Police Police investigating police investigations politics PORT OF SPAIN power 102 Prime Prime Minister Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar protest Radio Vision LTD San Fernando THA Tobago trinidad trinidad and tobago trinidad and tobago news trinidad and tobago police service ttps UNC united national congress WASA Watson Duke world news