The Prime Minister has made it clear that she is not playing the role of judge and jury on the issue of allegations made by Police Complaints Authority Director, David West, of an attempt to pervert the court of justice against Attorney General , Anand Ramlogan, in a defamation case involving Opposition Leader, Dr. Keith Rowley.
The police service last week ordered a probe into the matter which will be headed by Deputy Commissioner of Police – Operations (Ag.) Harold Phillip.
However, Mrs Persad Bissessar explained while she is not in a position to determine either guilt or innocence in the matter it is of grave enough consequence to warrant serious consideration and immediate action.
She insisted that she could not sit idly by while the Office of the Attorney General and that of the Minister of National Security as well as the Head of the Police Complaints Authority are being compromised and brought into disrepute by such allegations which have warranted a police enquiry.
The Prime Minister also wanted to know why the PCA Head when he was offered the position did not inform her or His Excellency about the issue adding the Director should resign or his appointment be revoked.
Prime Minister, Kamla Persad Bissesar
- Chinese national and business owner robbed and shot dead
- Islamic Front President says social distress fuelling crime spree in T&T
- The Congress of the People (COP) is not dead
- Opposition determined to set record straight on Friday’s Parliament walkout
- Temporary traffic disruption at Camden Road, Couva
- A community is in shock as double homicide rocks Malabar
- Former Tourism Minister says Bourdain documentary may work in T&T’s favour
- ODPM says T&T is equipped to handle a natural disaster
- Opposition seeks to clears the air on Friday’s Parliament walkout
- POS Mayor says he is not aware of calls for Christopher Columbus statue to be removed
- The Chinese community here in Trinidad has counted another loss as one of its members was shot to death on Tuesday night. Yana Zeng, the owner of N&N Mini Mart, was
- There remains a lack of focus and attention on the elements of social distress plaguing communities in Trinidad and Tobago. This, according to one Islamic Leader, is at
Popular TagsAnand Ramlogan caribbean news Chaguanas West By-Election COP crime crime news Dr. Keith Rowley Gary Griffith Government Jack Warner Kamla Persad Bissessar Keith Rowley Laventille Ministry Murder news News Power Now oilfield workers Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley Parliament PETROTRIN PNM Police Police investigating police investigations politics PORT OF SPAIN power 102 Prime Prime Minister Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar Radio Vision LTD San Fernando THA Tobago trinidad trinidad and tobago trinidad and tobago news trinidad and tobago police service ttps UNC united national congress WASA Watson Duke world news