Prime Minister Kamla Persad- Bissesser has kicked off the election campaign for 2015 for the People’s partnership.
She has stated that parliament will resolve in June 2015 and general elections will be held by September 2015 for the latest.
She revealed that she would not be forced to call early elections.
She made the comments to a large crowd of United National Congress (UNC) supporters as she formally opened the party’s south regional administrative building in San Fernando which she dubbed the “command centre.”
Persad- Bissesser also hinted that the United National Congress would focus on capturing seats that were widely considered PNM strongholds.
She has reminded party members that the UNC has a process of screening and made it clear that no UNC candidates had been named or chosen.
The UNC South Regional Command Center will be a hub for constituencies in the South.
The Party will soon open similar Command Centers in North West and East Trinidad.
- Miss Universe T&T, Crowned. Naps Alumni, Port of Spain Resident Ready to Represent.
- Opposition Leader Says Government Should Be Doing More. Tours Areas Affected by Severe Flooding.
- RC Archbishop Speaks Out. Social Media Violence Involving Youths, Sounds Alarm.
- Areas of Sangre Grande Feel The Brunt of Inclement Weather. Livestock, Appliances, Crops Damaged.
- Members Club Association To Meet with Ministry of Finance Official on The Way Forward.
- Wild Meat Seizure from Meat Peddlers Triggers Health Concerns. Minister Speaks Out.
- Crime Report Delivered. NOW WHAT? Criminologist Urges Action and Enforcement.
- Over 40? No Problem. T&T Designer, Afiya’s Got The Perfect Advice to Boost Your Confidence Using Fashion.
- Port-of-Spain Welcomes New Catholic Archbishop, Hailing from Barbados.
- Soca Mom and Wife, Fay-Ann Lyons Enters Mas Arena. Delivers Atlanta for C2K18.
- Last evening, a new queen was crowned in Trinidad and Tobago. Yvonne Clarke, who hails from the city of San Fernando, walked away with the title of Miss Universe Trinidad
- Opposition Leader, Kamla Persad Bissessar today toured areas affected by flooding. She met with residents and spoke with reporters on the situation. In a statement to the
Popular TagsACCIDENT Anand Ramlogan caribbean news Chaguanas West By-Election COP crime crime news Dr. Keith Rowley Gary Griffith Government Jack Warner Kamla Persad Bissessar Keith Rowley Laventille Murder news News Power Now Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley Parliament PETROTRIN PNM Police Police investigating police investigations politics PORT OF SPAIN power 102 Prime Prime Minister Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar protest Radio Vision LTD San Fernando THA Tobago trinidad trinidad and tobago trinidad and tobago news trinidad and tobago police service ttps UNC united national congress WASA Watson Duke world news