June 5th is the final deadline for citizens to submit their Valuation Return Forms relating to the Property Tax.
On Wednesday Finance Minister Colm Imbert said in a media statement that a recommendation will be made to cabinet at its regular meeting today to get the extension.
It added that the move was being sought due to the overwhelming response by Property Owners over the last few days to submit their Valuation Return Forms.
Minister Imbert at the weekly post cabinet media briefing this afternoon said estimated figures on the number of forms submitted in a the last few days stands at around one hundred and fifty thousand.
He made it clear that the request for an extension had nothing to do with pro action protocol letters received by the Finance Ministry.
Mr Imbert also addressed fears that citizens could lose their property should they fail to make the deadline given.
Furthermore, the Acting Prime Minister explained why residential properties were chosen for the process first, ahead of commercial and industrial properties.
- Attorney Ramesh Lawrence Maharaj criticises disciplinary action against John Jeremie by Gov’t
- Lifeguards raise concerns on working conditions
- OWTU takes to Sangre-Grande in lead up to August 4th’s major march
- Ayers-Caesar initiates legal action against JLSC
- Supplementary funds requested by Guyana’s Finance Minister following prison fire
- Ministry of Education to ensure retired educational professionals receive benefits in 3 months time
- Duke accuses Transport Minister of telling untruths
- Cabo star set to make its trial run
- Fish vendors call on San Fernando MP Faris-Al-Rawi to intervene and address their issues
- IWRN appeals to parents and guardians to ensure the safety of their children
- Former Attorney-General Ramesh Lawrence Maharaj is criticising what he says is an attack to the rule of law, as it pertains to a move by the Government to initiate disci
- Life Guards are voicing concern about what they described as the poor condition of the towers built for them at the popular Maracas and Las Cuevas beaches. The ma
Popular TagsAnand Ramlogan caribbean news Chaguanas West By-Election COP crime crime news Dr. Keith Rowley Gary Griffith Government Jack Warner Kamla Persad Bissessar Keith Rowley Laventille Ministry Murder news News Power Now oilfield workers Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley Parliament PETROTRIN PNM Police Police investigating police investigations politics PORT OF SPAIN power 102 Prime Prime Minister Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar Radio Vision LTD San Fernando THA Tobago trinidad trinidad and tobago trinidad and tobago news trinidad and tobago police service ttps UNC united national congress WASA Watson Duke world news