Members and supporters of the United National Congress are once again engaging in protest action outside of the Couva Children’s Hospital; in an effort get the Government’s attention to have it opened.
Speaking with news Power Now this morning during the protest, former Minister of Health, Dr. Fuad Khan said persons in the area are angry that they are unable to have access to the hospital.
Dr. Khan said it is within public interest that they are on the field ensuring citizens get access to the facility.
When asked the whether the children’s hospital was opened by then Prime Minister, Mrs. Kamla Persad-Bissessar back in 2015, Dr. Khan said the facility was commissioned to be opened and not officially opened under the People’s Partnership.
- Illegal vending in Arima being tackled
- OWTU says no to job cuts in economic hardship
- Search continues for missing man at sea
- Contractors Association reports better days
- Tobago prices reportedly increasing following transport woes
- Businessman’s murder raises discussions on accessing licensed firearms
- Truckers & Traders Association President says sea bridge crisis needs Gov’t intervention
- Fiery protests as Morvant residents cry neglect
- National Security Minister says Life Sport responsible for crime fighting challenges today
- Sea transport issues continue, PM says sorry
Popular TagsACCIDENT Anand Ramlogan caribbean news Chaguanas West By-Election COP crime crime news Dr. Keith Rowley Gary Griffith Government Jack Warner Kamla Persad Bissessar Keith Rowley Laventille Ministry Murder news News Power Now oilfield workers Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley Parliament PETROTRIN PNM Police Police investigating police investigations politics PORT OF SPAIN power 102 Prime Prime Minister Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar Radio Vision LTD San Fernando THA Tobago trinidad trinidad and tobago trinidad and tobago news trinidad and tobago police service ttps UNC united national congress WASA world news