Trinidad and Tobago Red Force look set to take the bite out of the table-topping Guyana Jaguars in their seventh round regional Pro League Championship cricket match starting its four-day roll at 10 am today at the Queen’s Park Oval in Port of Spain.
Both won in the sixth round to enjoy improved standings status with the Red Force up from sixth and last into fourth, behind the Jaguars, Jamaica Scorpions and Barbados Pride.
Windward Islands Volcanoes and Leeward Islands Hurricanes are fifth and sixth.
The return of opener Evin Lewis and fellow run-maker Jason Mohammed who were on duty with the West Indies ODI team against England is added boost to Red Force confidence of toppling the Jaguars who are without the regional father-son talent of Shiv and Tadenarine Chanderpaul. Both featured in Jaguars beating of Jamaica Scorpions in the previous round.
Barbadian Kyle Hope, an opening batsman, captained the Red Force for the first time in their sixt-round win in Grenada against the Volcanoes and retains the job for the match. Lefthanded Jeremy Solozano who partnered Hope without success in Grenada has been dropped.
Up and coming top-order lefthander Isaiah Rajah, Yanic Cariah, maiden first-class century maker in Grenada as well as Man Of The Match leg-spinning all-rounder Imran Khan, off spinner Bryan Charles and pacers Shelson Cottrell and Marlon Richards hold their places.
History is against the Red Force, having lost four of their last five matches against the Jaguars, including two at the same venue for this weekend’s contest, and they will also have to temper their excitement from last weekend’s victory which was against the same side they beat in the first round before going on to lose three of their next four matches.
Opener Leon Johnson captains the Jaguars with West Indies leg spinner Devendra Bishoo back in with useful batsman Assad Fudadin.
Barbados Pride, the other sixth-round winner, hope to cut the deficit between themselves and the Jaguars, when they face Windward Islands Volcano at Kensington Oval.
In the other match, second-placed Jamaica Scorpions and bottom-placed Leeward Islands Hurricanes, two of the losing teams from the previous round, seek to gain ground under the lights at Sabina Park and with the pink ball in play.
- Miller grinds TT Red Force to defeat yet again in regional cricket clash
- TT Hockey men fire past Swiss in World League action in Tacarigua
- There is concern over what has been described as fear by residents in the Enterprise area
- Prison authorities are today ensuring the public that all is being done to maintain law and order in the prisons
- Reports that residents in Enterprise are afraid to leave their homes surface this morning
- TT cricket and football teams looking to bite the bug of defeat
- TT’s Dylan Carter brilliant in USA’s Collegiate Swimming Championships
- Court rules against TTFA in broadcast rights issue
- Former Senator and Founding Member of the Alliance of Independents is today saying that while there are a number of factors that contribute to criminal violence it starts at schools
- Former Head of the Police Central Division Senior Superintendent Johnny Abraham says protocols must be followed by the TTPS when a missing persons report is made
- Enterprise gang leader Selwyn “Robocop” Alexis There is concern over what has been described as fear by residents in the Enterprise area after shootings that occurred
- Prison authorities are today ensuring the public that all is being done to maintain law and order in the prisonsThis follows a stabbing incident that occurred on Saturday at a Maximum Security Prison in Arouca. An altercation between two remanded inmates during an airing exercise a
Popular TagsACCIDENT Anand Ramlogan caribbean news Chaguanas West By-Election COP crime crime news Dr. Keith Rowley Gary Griffith Government Jack Warner Kamla Persad Bissessar Keith Rowley Laventille Ministry Murder news News Power Now oilfield workers Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley Parliament PETROTRIN PNM Police Police investigating police investigations politics PORT OF SPAIN power 102 Prime Prime Minister Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar Radio Vision LTD San Fernando THA Tobago trinidad trinidad and tobago trinidad and tobago news trinidad and tobago police service ttps UNC united national congress WASA world news