St Vincent born calypsonian Lornette “Fya Empress” Nedd-Reid is today taking action against the Trinbago Unified Calypsonians Organisation (TUCO).
She has presented the Organization with her own threat of legal action after she was disqualified on Tuesday from participating in Sunday’s Calypso Monarch competition due to her nationality.
Nedd-Reid’s lawyer Keith Scotland yesterday issued a pre-action protocol letter to TUCO.
In his letter to TUCO, Scotland stated that Nedd-Reid was a citizen of St Vincent and has resided in TT for over 15 years.
His later also stated that his client has been married to a TT national since 2002 and has applied for Permanent Residency since in or around 2004.
He also said that Nedd-Reid has been registered with TUCO since 2007, and participated and won several titles in this country and also participated in numerous competitions by the Organization.
He demanded that Nedd-Reid be reinstated in the finals by midday today.
Failure to do so would result in his client approaching the High Court for an injunction forcing the organization to reinstate her.
- FULL Interview with Gary Griffith
- Anil Roberts dismisses hotel room video allegations against him as bacchanal
- Met office dispels rumours of tropical storm threat for T&T
- Gov’t promises clean up action in South and Central following storm passage
- $25mill relief fund established following Tropical Storm Bret
- POS General Hospital workers protest food supply and equipment shortage
- POS General Hospital staff protest poor working conditions and lack of food in kitchen area
- South clean up continues following severe flooding
- The Anil Roberts Interview -The Pursuit of Truth
- Food price hike and poorer quality produce is unavoidable following Tropical Storm
- Following the highly anticipated Interview yesterday with former Minister of Sports Anil Roberts, The Power Breakfast Crew wanted to get some additional answers from anot
- Anil Roberts being Interviewed by Tony Fraser In our continuing coverage of today’s explosive interview with former Sports Minister Anil Roberts, he continued today to
Popular TagsAnand Ramlogan caribbean news Chaguanas West By-Election COP crime crime news Dr. Keith Rowley Gary Griffith Government Jack Warner Kamla Persad Bissessar Keith Rowley Laventille Ministry Murder news News Power Now oilfield workers Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley Parliament PETROTRIN PNM Police Police investigating police investigations politics PORT OF SPAIN power 102 Prime Prime Minister Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar Radio Vision LTD San Fernando THA Tobago trinidad trinidad and tobago trinidad and tobago news trinidad and tobago police service ttps UNC united national congress WASA Watson Duke world news