St Vincent born calypsonian Lornette “Fya Empress” Nedd-Reid is today taking action against the Trinbago Unified Calypsonians Organisation (TUCO).
She has presented the Organization with her own threat of legal action after she was disqualified on Tuesday from participating in Sunday’s Calypso Monarch competition due to her nationality.
Nedd-Reid’s lawyer Keith Scotland yesterday issued a pre-action protocol letter to TUCO.
In his letter to TUCO, Scotland stated that Nedd-Reid was a citizen of St Vincent and has resided in TT for over 15 years.
His later also stated that his client has been married to a TT national since 2002 and has applied for Permanent Residency since in or around 2004.
He also said that Nedd-Reid has been registered with TUCO since 2007, and participated and won several titles in this country and also participated in numerous competitions by the Organization.
He demanded that Nedd-Reid be reinstated in the finals by midday today.
Failure to do so would result in his client approaching the High Court for an injunction forcing the organization to reinstate her.
- Miller grinds TT Red Force to defeat yet again in regional cricket clash
- TT Hockey men fire past Swiss in World League action in Tacarigua
- There is concern over what has been described as fear by residents in the Enterprise area
- Prison authorities are today ensuring the public that all is being done to maintain law and order in the prisons
- Reports that residents in Enterprise are afraid to leave their homes surface this morning
- TT cricket and football teams looking to bite the bug of defeat
- TT’s Dylan Carter brilliant in USA’s Collegiate Swimming Championships
- Court rules against TTFA in broadcast rights issue
- Former Senator and Founding Member of the Alliance of Independents is today saying that while there are a number of factors that contribute to criminal violence it starts at schools
- Former Head of the Police Central Division Senior Superintendent Johnny Abraham says protocols must be followed by the TTPS when a missing persons report is made
- Enterprise gang leader Selwyn “Robocop” Alexis There is concern over what has been described as fear by residents in the Enterprise area after shootings that occurred
- Prison authorities are today ensuring the public that all is being done to maintain law and order in the prisonsThis follows a stabbing incident that occurred on Saturday at a Maximum Security Prison in Arouca. An altercation between two remanded inmates during an airing exercise a
Popular TagsACCIDENT Anand Ramlogan caribbean news Chaguanas West By-Election COP crime crime news Dr. Keith Rowley Gary Griffith Government Jack Warner Kamla Persad Bissessar Keith Rowley Laventille Ministry Murder news News Power Now oilfield workers Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley Parliament PETROTRIN PNM Police Police investigating police investigations politics PORT OF SPAIN power 102 Prime Prime Minister Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar Radio Vision LTD San Fernando THA Tobago trinidad trinidad and tobago trinidad and tobago news trinidad and tobago police service ttps UNC united national congress WASA world news