St Vincent born calypsonian Lornette “Fya Empress” Nedd-Reid is today taking action against the Trinbago Unified Calypsonians Organisation (TUCO).
She has presented the Organization with her own threat of legal action after she was disqualified on Tuesday from participating in Sunday’s Calypso Monarch competition due to her nationality.
Nedd-Reid’s lawyer Keith Scotland yesterday issued a pre-action protocol letter to TUCO.
In his letter to TUCO, Scotland stated that Nedd-Reid was a citizen of St Vincent and has resided in TT for over 15 years.
His later also stated that his client has been married to a TT national since 2002 and has applied for Permanent Residency since in or around 2004.
He also said that Nedd-Reid has been registered with TUCO since 2007, and participated and won several titles in this country and also participated in numerous competitions by the Organization.
He demanded that Nedd-Reid be reinstated in the finals by midday today.
Failure to do so would result in his client approaching the High Court for an injunction forcing the organization to reinstate her.
- Property Tax remains a topic of discontent says MP for St. Augustine Prakash Ramadar
- Questions arise on what plans are in place should unrest in Venezuela country affect T&T
- The Opposition says they will continue in non support of the implementation of the Property Tax
- A smooth re-opening of the new school term is the assessment being given by the Ministry of Education
- Why name a stand at Brian Lara Stadium after Sachin Tendulkar
- TT fall out top three in world relays
- TT women, windies men look to save face in respective cricket clashes today
- Likewise, the proposed implementation of the Property Tax ….
- The Government’s announcement about the new chancellor of the University of the West Indies continues to draw fire from the Opposition
- Former Tertiary Education Minister, Fazal Karim Says Minister Anthony Garcia Has Embarrassed the Nation
- Member of Parliament for St. Augustine, Prakash Ramadhar A meeting held by Member of Parliament for St. Augustine, Prakash Ramadhar, on Tuesday has revealed, some level o
- former head of the National Operations Centre, Commander Garvin Heerah The volatile situation that presently exists in neighboring Venezuela will ultimately have a bigger
Popular TagsACCIDENT Anand Ramlogan caribbean news Chaguanas West By-Election COP crime crime news Dr. Keith Rowley Gary Griffith Government Jack Warner Kamla Persad Bissessar Keith Rowley Laventille Ministry Murder news News Power Now oilfield workers Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley Parliament PETROTRIN PNM Police Police investigating police investigations politics PORT OF SPAIN power 102 Prime Prime Minister Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar Radio Vision LTD San Fernando THA Tobago trinidad trinidad and tobago trinidad and tobago news trinidad and tobago police service ttps UNC united national congress WASA world news