Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar is now in Panama where she will partake in the seventh Summit of the Americas this morning.
In Jamaica yesterday however, Mrs. Persad Bissessar threw the spotlight on the issue of terrorism and its effect on the region.
In the presence of US President, Barack Obama, T&T’s Prime Minister said there is a clear and present threat, which now exists from the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria and the Foreign Terrorist Fighters, threats she said leads her to believe that all parties should evaluate Caribbean and US Security. Mrs. Persad Bissessar said the time is now, for all parties to critically review, rethink and reform the approach to collaboration between the Caribbean region and the United States.
Noting that a number of people have been identified as having left CARICIOM member states to become Foreign Terrorist Fighters, Mrs. Persad Bissessar pointed out that the war cannot be won without shared intelligence.
Separately, the Prime Minister yesterday called for a summit to deal with the growing number of issues, which could affect the Caribbean island states, if not checked. The US has agreed to the summit which has been labelled the Caribbean Security Summit and reports are that it could be held as early as June, at a venue to be decided.
- Over 100 schools meet to discuss urgent issues such as discipline and supervision
- Trinidadian nationals in London said to be safe following terror attack
- Port Authority says sea transportation issues to be resolved soon
- Police Complaints Authority says illegal wrecking of vehicles has been ongoing
- The Prime Minister requests report from Sports Minister on recent Tobago trip
- Tourism Association President says not enough being done to market Trinidad
- Sport Minister says allegations against him are an attempt to get him out of office
- Tobago records another murder
- Attorney at law Om Lalla says Finance Minister trying to get around court ruling
- PSA General Secretary promises ideal industrial relations climate if elected President
- Education Minister, Anthony Garcia The Education Ministry reveals that over one hundred of the one hundred and twenty-five secondary schools’ principals heeded a call b
- London terror attack This country’s High Commission in London confirms that all nationals within the diaspora who are registered with it are safe following the terror a
Popular TagsACCIDENT Anand Ramlogan caribbean news Chaguanas West By-Election COP crime crime news Dr. Keith Rowley Gary Griffith Government Jack Warner Kamla Persad Bissessar Keith Rowley Laventille Ministry Murder news News Power Now oilfield workers Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley Parliament PETROTRIN PNM Police Police investigating police investigations politics PORT OF SPAIN power 102 Prime Prime Minister Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar Radio Vision LTD San Fernando THA Tobago trinidad trinidad and tobago trinidad and tobago news trinidad and tobago police service ttps UNC united national congress WASA world news