Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar is now in Panama where she will partake in the seventh Summit of the Americas this morning.
In Jamaica yesterday however, Mrs. Persad Bissessar threw the spotlight on the issue of terrorism and its effect on the region.
In the presence of US President, Barack Obama, T&T’s Prime Minister said there is a clear and present threat, which now exists from the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria and the Foreign Terrorist Fighters, threats she said leads her to believe that all parties should evaluate Caribbean and US Security. Mrs. Persad Bissessar said the time is now, for all parties to critically review, rethink and reform the approach to collaboration between the Caribbean region and the United States.
Noting that a number of people have been identified as having left CARICIOM member states to become Foreign Terrorist Fighters, Mrs. Persad Bissessar pointed out that the war cannot be won without shared intelligence.
Separately, the Prime Minister yesterday called for a summit to deal with the growing number of issues, which could affect the Caribbean island states, if not checked. The US has agreed to the summit which has been labelled the Caribbean Security Summit and reports are that it could be held as early as June, at a venue to be decided.
- Opposition Leader Says Government Should Be Doing More. Tours Areas Affected by Severe Flooding.
- RC Archbishop Speaks Out. Social Media Violence Involving Youths, Sounds Alarm.
- Areas of Sangre Grande Feel The Brunt of Inclement Weather. Livestock, Appliances, Crops Damaged.
- Members Club Association To Meet with Ministry of Finance Official on The Way Forward.
- Wild Meat Seizure from Meat Peddlers Triggers Health Concerns. Minister Speaks Out.
- Crime Report Delivered. NOW WHAT? Criminologist Urges Action and Enforcement.
- Over 40? No Problem. T&T Designer, Afiya’s Got The Perfect Advice to Boost Your Confidence Using Fashion.
- Port-of-Spain Welcomes New Catholic Archbishop, Hailing from Barbados.
- Soca Mom and Wife, Fay-Ann Lyons Enters Mas Arena. Delivers Atlanta for C2K18.
- Charged Defense Force Soldiers Spend Divali Behind Bars. Bail Likely Tomorrow.
- Opposition Leader, Kamla Persad Bissessar today toured areas affected by flooding. She met with residents and spoke with reporters on the situation. In a statement to the
- Archbishop Joseph Harris. Roman Catholic Archbishop Joseph Harris expresses concern about challenges in the education system. He cited violence and indiscipline in school
Popular TagsACCIDENT Anand Ramlogan caribbean news Chaguanas West By-Election COP crime crime news Dr. Keith Rowley Gary Griffith Government Jack Warner Kamla Persad Bissessar Keith Rowley Laventille Murder news News Power Now Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley Parliament PETROTRIN PNM Police Police investigating police investigations politics PORT OF SPAIN power 102 Prime Prime Minister Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar protest Radio Vision LTD San Fernando THA Tobago trinidad trinidad and tobago trinidad and tobago news trinidad and tobago police service ttps UNC united national congress WASA Watson Duke world news