Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar is now in Panama where she will partake in the seventh Summit of the Americas this morning.
In Jamaica yesterday however, Mrs. Persad Bissessar threw the spotlight on the issue of terrorism and its effect on the region.
In the presence of US President, Barack Obama, T&T’s Prime Minister said there is a clear and present threat, which now exists from the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria and the Foreign Terrorist Fighters, threats she said leads her to believe that all parties should evaluate Caribbean and US Security. Mrs. Persad Bissessar said the time is now, for all parties to critically review, rethink and reform the approach to collaboration between the Caribbean region and the United States.
Noting that a number of people have been identified as having left CARICIOM member states to become Foreign Terrorist Fighters, Mrs. Persad Bissessar pointed out that the war cannot be won without shared intelligence.
Separately, the Prime Minister yesterday called for a summit to deal with the growing number of issues, which could affect the Caribbean island states, if not checked. The US has agreed to the summit which has been labelled the Caribbean Security Summit and reports are that it could be held as early as June, at a venue to be decided.
- Property Tax remains a topic of discontent says MP for St. Augustine Prakash Ramadar
- Questions arise on what plans are in place should unrest in Venezuela country affect T&T
- The Opposition says they will continue in non support of the implementation of the Property Tax
- A smooth re-opening of the new school term is the assessment being given by the Ministry of Education
- Why name a stand at Brian Lara Stadium after Sachin Tendulkar
- TT fall out top three in world relays
- TT women, windies men look to save face in respective cricket clashes today
- Likewise, the proposed implementation of the Property Tax ….
- The Government’s announcement about the new chancellor of the University of the West Indies continues to draw fire from the Opposition
- Former Tertiary Education Minister, Fazal Karim Says Minister Anthony Garcia Has Embarrassed the Nation
- Member of Parliament for St. Augustine, Prakash Ramadhar A meeting held by Member of Parliament for St. Augustine, Prakash Ramadhar, on Tuesday has revealed, some level o
- former head of the National Operations Centre, Commander Garvin Heerah The volatile situation that presently exists in neighboring Venezuela will ultimately have a bigger
Popular TagsACCIDENT Anand Ramlogan caribbean news Chaguanas West By-Election COP crime crime news Dr. Keith Rowley Gary Griffith Government Jack Warner Kamla Persad Bissessar Keith Rowley Laventille Ministry Murder news News Power Now oilfield workers Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley Parliament PETROTRIN PNM Police Police investigating police investigations politics PORT OF SPAIN power 102 Prime Prime Minister Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar Radio Vision LTD San Fernando THA Tobago trinidad trinidad and tobago trinidad and tobago news trinidad and tobago police service ttps UNC united national congress WASA world news