Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar is now in Panama where she will partake in the seventh Summit of the Americas this morning.
In Jamaica yesterday however, Mrs. Persad Bissessar threw the spotlight on the issue of terrorism and its effect on the region.
In the presence of US President, Barack Obama, T&T’s Prime Minister said there is a clear and present threat, which now exists from the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria and the Foreign Terrorist Fighters, threats she said leads her to believe that all parties should evaluate Caribbean and US Security. Mrs. Persad Bissessar said the time is now, for all parties to critically review, rethink and reform the approach to collaboration between the Caribbean region and the United States.
Noting that a number of people have been identified as having left CARICIOM member states to become Foreign Terrorist Fighters, Mrs. Persad Bissessar pointed out that the war cannot be won without shared intelligence.
Separately, the Prime Minister yesterday called for a summit to deal with the growing number of issues, which could affect the Caribbean island states, if not checked. The US has agreed to the summit which has been labelled the Caribbean Security Summit and reports are that it could be held as early as June, at a venue to be decided.
- Intensified Corporation for Regional Security Discussed by Heads, in Recent Meeting on Crime.
- West Indies target 470 deficit in pink-ball Test against England
- Vincent Cabrera Tells GML Workers To Band Together and Demand Job Security after 31 More Are Dismissed.
- Active Hurricane Season It Is. More Active Than Previous Seasons, Says MET Head.
- A Must See. Ladies, Call Up Your Girlfriends. We’re Heading Out!
- IT’S FRIDAY!!!! Want A Cocktail? Here’s What You Need.
- NOTE: Caribbean Airlines Reschedules Flights
- 12-Year-Old Charged with Manslaughter. His 18- Year- Old Brother Is Charged With Murder.
- Concerns Raised Over Conditions at Blind Welfare Office in San Fernando
- Government Heads To Court on Ayers-Caesars’ Part Heard Matters.
- Intensifying cooperation regarding regional security was the focus of discussions on Friday morning when the Minister of National Security Major General (Ret’d) the Ho
- Keiron Pollard Second day of the fifth ever day-night pink-ball match in Test cricket history closed with West Indies on 44 for the loss of opener Kraigg Braithwaite for
Popular TagsAnand Ramlogan caribbean news Chaguanas West By-Election COP crime crime news Dr. Keith Rowley Gary Griffith Government Jack Warner Kamla Persad Bissessar Keith Rowley Laventille Ministry Murder news News Power Now oilfield workers Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley Parliament PETROTRIN PNM Police Police investigating police investigations politics PORT OF SPAIN power 102 Prime Prime Minister Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar Radio Vision LTD San Fernando THA Tobago trinidad trinidad and tobago trinidad and tobago news trinidad and tobago police service ttps UNC united national congress WASA Watson Duke world news